|Witches In Tights|
|Season 5, episode 5|
|The girls are Superheroines.|
October 13, 2002
|For a complete plot of Witches In Tights, go here.|
Kevin, a young Witch who can bring his drawings to life, is forced by the demon Arnon, to use his power for him. Kevin changes the Charmed Ones into superheroines. While the Charmed Ones are discovering their new powers, the Elders send down Ramus, an Elder who is about to pass his powers down to a new Elder. The Charmed Ones must protect him from Arnon, who has been turned into a superhero as well.
- Alyssa Milano as Phoebe Halliwell
- Rose McGowan as Paige Matthews
- Holly Marie Combs as Piper Halliwell
- Brian Krause as Leo Wyatt
- Julian McMahon as Cole Turner
- Andrew James Allen as Kevin
- Gerry Becker as Ramus
- Mark A. Sheppard as Arnon
- David Pressman as Edward Miller
- Tinsley Grimes as Phoebe's Assistant
- Craig Young as Dave
- Unknown actor as Kaz's Lackey
- Fading: Type of Teleportation used by Arnon.
- Thought Projection: Used by Kevin to project a tiger, the Aggressor and to turn the Charmed Ones into superheroines, after he drew them first.
- Hyper Speed: Used by the Aggressor, Piper, Phoebe and Paige (as superheroines) to move very fast.
- Orbing: Type of Teleportation used by Leo and Paige.
- Hovering: Used by Ramus while meditating.
- Premonition: Used by Ramus to foresee two upcoming attacks and to see if Piper and Leo's baby'd be healthy.
- Molecular Immobilization: Used by Piper to freeze the Aggressor.
- Adjusting: Used by the Aggressor to fight through Piper's freeze.
- Super Strength: Used by the Aggressor while fighting with Phoebe. Phoebe (as a superheroine) used it to hold Edward Miller upside down. Later, the Aggressor used it to knock the Charmed Ones out of a window and to throw Leo out of his way.
- Strangulation: Used by Arnon while threatening to kill Kevin.
- Levitation: Used by Superheroines Piper and Paige to levitate onto a rooftop. Phoebe used it to leap from rooftop to rooftop, combining it with Hyper Speed. The Aggressor used it to get back on his feet.
- Enhanced Senses: Paige used this power while listening if she could hear Arnon inside his lair. Later, her ears were hurt when airplanes flew over her, due to her super hearing.
- Power Absorption: Used by Arnon (as the Aggressor) to absorb Ramus's powers. Kevin later unintentionally absorped Ramus's powers.
- Telekinetic orbing: Used by Paige to orb the Aggressor's boots to her.
- Molecular Combustion: Used by Piper to blow up Arnon.
- Pyrokinesis: Used by Cole to kill Edward Miller.
Notes and TriviaEdit
- An alternate title for this episode that The WB used in promotional commercials was Magic Wears a Mask.
- Kevin's power to project his drawings to life is similar to Billie Jenkins and Wyatt's projection power.
- Dave's apartment is the same one used in Dream Sorcerer and The Witch is Back.
- Even though the word is plural, "Witches In Tights" is the eighth episode to have the word witch in its title.
- When Piper is a superheroine, she moves with super speed, making it the second time we see her demonstrate this ability. The first time was in the Awakened. She would later demonstrate this ability again in Gone with the Witches with Penny's ring.
- The color of Paige and Phoebe's lips changed to co-ordinate with the colors of their costumes; Paige's turned bright pink and Phoebe's turned bright red.
- Although Elders were previously seen in Blinded by the Whitelighter, their hoods were up and their faces were never shown. Thus, this episode marks the first time an Elder is ever fully seen.
- In The WB's official trailer for this episode, one clip isn't used in the episode; when Paige lifts the car.
- The costumes that the sisters wear in this episode are seen again in "Chris-Crossed" in the future museum with other things that the sisters have turned into.
- At the start of the episode, Alyssa Milano's wearing the red dress she wore for her promotional pictures of the season, the one shown on the region 1 DVD cover of the season.
- The Aggressor is portrayed by Todd Tucker, who portrayed various creatures across the series and is responsible for many special effects and costumes.
- In this episode, Phoebe says "Who was that masked man?", and Prue previously said that in the season 3 episode All Halliwell's Eve. "Who was that masked man?" is a song sung by Van Morrison.
- This episode scored 5.0 million viewers.
- Phoebe's actions in this episode (torturing the landlord) are later used against her and the Charmed Ones in "Crimes and Witch-Demeanors".
- Leo mentions The Demon of Illusion, who is a demon who made his only appearance in "Chick Flick".
- Mark Sheppard who plays Arnon stars in the CW's Supernatural alongside Misha Collins who also appears on Charmed in "They're Everywhere".
- Paige orbs during sex at the point of climax, a fact she embarrassingly admits to her sister the following night. A similar scene takes place in "Wicca Envy" when Piper reveals to her sisters that she used her power during sex with Leo to freeze him.
- The title of this episode is a play on words of the Robin Hood film: "Men in Tights".
- This is one of many episodes in which one of the Charmed Ones is referred to as Wonder Woman. It should be noted that Jeannie Epper who plays an elderly woman in this episode, was previously the main stunt woman used on the television series Wonder Woman.
- When volunteering to go with Paige to the comic book stores, Piper refers to herself as the Invisible Woman, the name of the female member of the Fantastic Four.
- The original drawing of the Charmed Ones as superheroes is different from the one Arnon tore up.
- In the opening scene where Piper and Leo are checking out a DJ at another club there is an overhead shot of the club and in the lower right hand corner Paige and Dave are shown talking with Leo and Piper, but after the scene cuts out Piper is just walking in.
- When the Aggressor throws Phoebe into Piper and Paige, Paige's hair is blonde-like color instead of red.
- Fourteen minutes in to the episode, Phoebe is shown in her office speaking on the phone to Piper regarding the arrival of Ramus and Phoebe's laptop's (a mac) glowing apple logo is shown to be on, then off, the on again, throughout the scene, however her laptop is shown to be on.
Behind the ScenesEdit
- (Arnon's supervillain powers are stripped from him by Paige and he's rendered practicaly powerless)
- Paige: Since you have Ramus' powers you should know what comes next.
- Piper: It's gonna hurt isn't it. (Paige nods in agreement)
- Arnon: (realizes what they mean) No!
- (Piper blows him up, vanquishing him)
- French: Les protectrices (The Protectresses)
- Czech: Čarodějky v trikotech (Witches In Tights)
- Slovak: Čarodejnice v pančuchách (Witches in Pantyhose)
- Russian: Суперведьмы [Super[man]ved′my] (Super[man]-Witches)
- Spanish (Spain): Brujas con mallas (Witches With Tights)
- Spanish (Latin America): Las superbrujas (The Superwitches)
- Serbian: Veštice U Helanke (Witches In Tights)
- German: Superhelden (Super Heroes)
- Italian: SuperStreghe (SuperWitches/'Charmed')
- Hungarian: Szuperhős boszorkák (Superhero witches)
The Eyes Have It
| Episodes: Season 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8|
Comics: Season 9 - 10