|Will o' the Wisp|
Fragments of spirits
Will o' the Wisps, also referred to as simply Wisps, are fragments of a broken spirit. They are the feelings and memories left behind when a spirit is unable to cross over. These feelings manifest as a sphere of light capable of possessing others. Due to feeling lost themselves, they seek out others who are lost.
While on her book tour in Arizona, Phoebe and P.J. Halliwell encountered a wisp in their hotel room. After the wisp retreated, Phoebe called Piper and Leo to find out what it was and sent P.J. to the manor for safety. The wisp followed P.J. and possessed her. The following morning, the wisp took control and attacked Piper before beaming back to Phoebe.
The wisp touched Phoebe and beamed her into a memory of a witch and her husband and daughter being burned at the stake. The wisp revealed itself to be the witch and proceeded to warn Phoebe about the return of the Old Ones and the rotting of magic at its roots.
Phoebe demanded that wisp release her daughter, though the wisp wanted to keep her to replace its own lost child. Phoebe reached out to P.J. and convinced her she was not lost. P.J. then beamed into her mother's arms, freeing her from the wisp. Phoebe then used her empathy to take the pain of the wisp and allow it to cross over.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
- Floating: The ability to float around in the air.
- Possession: The ability to enter the body of another being and take control. While possessing someone, the Wisp can access that being's powers.
- Energy Beams: The ability to fire beams of energy. While possessing P.J., the Wisp was able to fire an energy beam capable of knocking Piper unconscious.
- Intangibility: The ability to pass through solid matter. Due to being a spirit, this is a natural state for the Wisp.
- Empathy: The ability to sense the emotions of other beings.
Notes and TriviaEdit
- The Will o' the Wisp is based on the Will o' the Wisp of European folklore, a swap or marsh dwelling spirit known for leading travellers astray.
Will o' the Wisps appeared in a total of 1 issue over the course of the series.
|Charmed, Season 10|
|#01||"No Country for Old Ones"||#08||"Love is a Burning Thing"||#15||"The Four Sisters, Part 2"|
|#02||"Magically Malicious"||#09||"Haste Makes Wasteland"||#16||"Happy Ending"|
|#03||"The Perks of Being a Whitelighter"||#10||"The Curious Case of Benjamin Turner"||#17||"Effigy"|
|#04||"Charmed Assault"||#11||"Fear Always Comes Back"||#18||"Tribunal and Tribulations"|
|#05||"Whatever Happened to the Demon with a Soul?"||#12||"Virtue"||#19||"Something Old, Something Prue"|
|#06||"Will o' the Witch"||#13||"Court of Love"||#20||"The Reason"|
|#07||"Hard Knox Life"||#14||"The Four Sisters, Part 1"|