Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
A ritual to ensure the newborn infant's goodness.
- "You can't deny a child their ancestral blessings! It's a witch's compass for good."
- —Penny about Wiccanings[src]
A Wiccaning is a Wiccan ceremony rather similar to a christening, performed shortly after a witch is born. It is performed by a High Priestess (or family matriarch), who summons the spirits of deceased ancestors to guide and watch over the newest addition to the family and, in the case of the Halliwell family, also to help bless the children with goodness and light.
- When Patty had her wiccaning, the ghost of a demon attacked and attempted to steal the power of the entire Warren line. Prudence Warren managed to save Patty and so when her first child was born, she named her Prue.
- Originally, Penny did not want to perform Wyatt's wiccaning as she thought that only a female witch born into the family should be welcomed in such a way and was untrusting of magic in the hands of a male, even her own great-grandson.
- At first, Piper decided against Chris having a Wiccaning as she didn't see the need, but she eventually agreed albeit reluctantly and had Penny perform the ritual as both her mother and father were visiting as well.
The Ritual in the Series Edit
The High Priestess recites the spell which will call the Matriarchs of the family and once the spirits appear and are gathered, she then begins the ceremony.
While holding the infant, the High Priestess faces the gathered spirits and states: "The next generation has been born into our family, our legacy. We pledge to be with this child. This beautiful girl/boy always. Apart but never separate. Free but never alone. She/he is one of us and because of that we will bless her/him with all of the goodness that we are. Welcome to the family (state the babies full name and kiss them on the cheek). Blessed be." All in attendance, both living and dead state: "Blessed be" as well, and the ceremony is complete.
Book of ShadowsEdit
- To Call the Halliwell Matriarchs
- I call forth from space and time
- Matriarchs of the Halliwell Line
- Mothers, Daughters, Sisters, Friends
- Our family spirit without end.
- To gather now, in this sacred place
- and help us bring this child to grace.