To commemorate the death of a witch
A Wiccan funeral is a Wiccan ceremony that commemorates the passing of a witch.
On a blue silk covered altar table, which is adorned with a ceremonial chalice lays a tied, silver cord, surrounded by three lit candles, symbolizing Birth, Death, and the Rebirth.
A High Priestess presiding over will recite:
- That which belongs to fellowship and love.
- That which belongs to the circle, remains with us.
- The wheel turns. As life is a day, so our sister has passed into night.
- Nothing is final, and we who remain behind know
- that one day, we will once again share the bread and wine with our sister.
- O' blessed spirit, we bid you farewell, for you await a new destiny.
Untie the silver cord and lay it into the chalice. Blow out the candles.