|Whispers from the Past|
|Old secrets never die.|
Simon and Schuster Children's Publishing
0743409280 / 9780743409285
Whispers from the Past is the 4th book of the Charmed novels.
The novel is set between "The Devil's Music" and "Awakened", as Piper mentions a 'Saturday dinner rush' at P3 in chapter 4, and Prue says that she still works at Buckland's in chapter 8. In chapter 3, Phoebe refers to coming from the 21st century, meaning it is the year 2000 already.
- A shard of mirror for a broken reflection
- A pocket watch with a cracked face
- A cache of herbs to burn for protection
- All will send me to another time and place.
Phoebe Halliwell is having a very bad day: A demon has pulled her centuries into the past. She has no way to tell her sisters she's alive, no way to get back to her own time—and the demon is trying to kill her.
But why? And how can they stop it—without the Power of Three?
- Falcroft: A demon who can create time-rifts and wreak havoc in past, present & future.
- Hugh Montgomery: A warlock and accomplice of the demon. He stays with Prudence Wentworth and takes the responsibility of turning her evil by giving her a potion.
- Cassandra Wentworth: Daughter of Prudence Warren-Wentworth.
- Prudence Warren-Wentworth: The daughter of Melinda Warren.
Contents of the Evil Book of ShadowsEdit
- Potions & Spells For The Warding Off & Ruination of Warlocks
- Make an image of thy foe,
Slash it as I slashed the roe.
Then bury it beneath full moon
In the grave of one hanged too soon.
This page is illustrated with the drawing of a larcerated deer.
- To Be Revenged On One Who Has Done You Harm
- To Cause Disease In One Who Crosses You
- A Spell to Splinter Enchantment
- A trace of paternity,
Clothing so dear,
A lock of hair
To track far and near.
Find (?)[our Phoebe],
Point the way.
Track her spirit,
Find her today.
For this spell, something of the Lost One's father is needed, a lock of her hair and a piece of clothing dear to her.
To Remove An Evil EnchantmentEdit
- Day to night,
Night to day,
Break the spell,
Cast it away.
To Banish A Demon & Destroy His PowerEdit
- Friends of light and sister sun,
Winter moon & summer shower,
Send this demon back to darkness,
Banish him, destroy his power.
For this spell, the following ingredients are needed: a thimble, soil from the earth where three roads meet, a tea leaf, a nutmeg kernel, two flat stones, a feather and Queen Anne's lace. The ingredients should be thrown in a fire before the spell is cast.
Notes and TriviaEdit
- This is the first novel to feature Phoebe as the main character.
- Chapter 3 designates Phoebe landing in Salem, Massachusettes, 1676. This is canonically impossible as Prudence Warren is shown to be a woman in her twenties, when in fact she would not have been born yet.
- Melinda Warren is incorrectly stated as having died in 1654, years before she was actually born according to the episode All Halliwell's Eve. Also in The Witch is Back was stated she died in 1692.
- Prue is incorrectly referenced as having blue eyes when her eyes are actually green.
- In this novel, the Book of Shadows is described as a thick book. This is wrong, because the Book wasn't thick at the beginning, but it became thicker over in time. It is also confirmed that Prudence, Melinda's daughter, had the powers of Telekinesis and Premonition.
- French: Quand le passé revient (When the Past Returns)
- Russian: Šjopot iz prošlogo (Whisper from the Past)