Eat people's hearts
A Wendigo is a formerly mortal demonic creature that can transform between a human and demonic form. It hunts during the three nights of the full moon, seeking to devour the hearts of its victims. Those who survive its scratch become Wendigos themselves.
The Wendigo seeks victims with AB negative blood, who are in love or at least those who have good hearts. When victims are turned into Wendigos, they can only be turned back by destroying the creature who turned them. Its only known weakness is fire.
The First WendigoEdit
A long time ago, a mortal man fell deeply in love with a woman who betrayed him. In his rage, he cut out her heart and ate it, causing his own heart to turn into ice, thus turning him into the first Wendigo.
Agent Fallon was an FBI agent who pretended to hunt the very thing that she was, a Wendigo. She attacked Piper Halliwell and infected her, causing Piper to become a Wendigo as well. Agent Fallon was vanquished when she was hit with a flare gun by Prue, causing Piper to be returned to normal.
Book of ShadowsEdit
There were two entries on the Wendigo in the Book of Shadows. The first explains what a Wendigo is and how the first Wendigo came to be, the second entry discusses how one can unbecome a Wendigo if transformed into one.
The Wendigo is a non-dead creature
that roams the earth destroying the good-
hearted and those in love. His fate
is to wander the Earth feasting on
The first Wendigo was a mortal who
was betrayed by his sweetheart.
In revenge for the treachery, he slew his
love and ate her heart. Rather than
savour the warmth of revenge, his heart
was in turn, turned to ice.
During daylight hours and the phases
of the moon, the Wendigo looks as you
Beware the Wendigo on the three
days of the full moon when his strength
and appetite are greatest.
Beware being attacked and injured.
He duplicates himself by slashing, but
not killing his prey.
Power and AbilitiesEdit
- Limited Shapeshifting: The ability to change between a human and a demonic form. Wendigos transform during the three nights of the full moon and cannot control it.
- Super Strength: The ability to possess physical strength much greater than that of a normal person.
- Sensing: The ability to determine the location of other beings. Wendigos can sense potential victims with an AB blood-type and are either in love or capable of giving love.
- Power Granting: The ability to grant powers to other beings. When a Wendigo scratches its victims and they survive, they infect them with their curse.
- Immortality: The ability to possess an infinite lifespan and an arrested aging process. It is possible that Wendigos are immortal, as the Book of Shadows decribes them as non-dead.
Notes and TriviaEdit
- The Wendigo is based on the Wendigo of Native American legends, though they also share similarities to a Werewolf.
- Unlike most demonic infections, a victim of the Wendigo retains his or her original powers, as shown when Piper froze a flare as a Wendigo.
- One remaining foam latex prosthetic mask was sold in 2009. One of the Javna masks was sold as well.
- It seems unlikely that the actors in the Wendigo suit were Holly Marie Combs and Jocelyn Seagrave, who respectively portray the roles of Piper Halliwell and Agent Fallon. Going from the budget Charmed got, and the hours of make-up it takes, the role of Wendigo was portrayed by a stunt double.
Wendigo appeared in a total of 1 episode over the course of the series.
- Season 1
- The Wendigo
- ↑ Presumably, as they are decribed as non-dead.
|Antagonists of Season 1|
|Jeremy Burns · Javna · Cynda, Marshall and Fritz · Tony Wong · Whitaker Berman · Hecate and her Minions · Kali · Gavin · Matthew Tate · Rex Buckland and Hannah Webster · Guardian of the Urn · Agent Fallon · Barbas · Mickey Jackson · The Woogyman · Gabriel and Helena Statler · Nicholas · Greg and Paul Rowe · Grimlocks · Charon · Jackson Ward · Alec · Inspector Rodriguez · Tempus|