Phoebe Halliwell found the family tree in the attic after she was attacked by her past life P. Russell. After she used a spell to travel back to Russell's life, she discovered she was an evil witch and that she and her sisters were cousins. She found out that Russell died on the same day as they were on now.
Leo and Piper had not chosen a name yet for Wyatt and looked at the family tree for inspiration. Paige walked in on them and discovered that there even was a tree, but was a bit sad when she saw that she wasn't added yet, a year and a half after she joined the family.
Notes and Trivia
- The family tree was presumably made by Penny Halliwell as the tree stops with Prue, Piper and Phoebe.
- There is little room left to add anyone else.
- The family tree was started with Melinda Warren.
- Paige is not listed on the family tree.
- Despite Grams' insistence that no males have been born into the family for three hundred years, many Warren men were shown to have been born, including Grams' own brother. He was apparently married to Francine Bowen, despite her being 64 years older than him. His existence has not been confirmed anywhere else on the show.
- P. Russell would not have been the same age as Phoebe was if she was born in 1894 as the tree states. She would have been born in 1899.
- P. Bowen is shown to have died in May 1971. However, her future life Prue Halliwell was born about 8 months previously.
- The tree states that Penny Johnson married Jack Halliwell. However, Penny married Allen Halliwell.
- The tree lists Victor Bennett's last name to be "Jones".
- Penny Halliwell's date of death is listed as March 5, 1965, despite her actual death happening on that date in 1998.
- Penny Halliwell's date of birth is listed as 1937, though her daughter's birth is listed as 1950 which would have made Penny only 13 when she had Patty, another mistake on the page.
- Prue Halliwell's birthdate contradicts her birthdate as stated in the obituary in "Charmed Again, Part 1".
- Piper Halliwell's birthday contradicts her birthday as stated by Phoebe, who declares that Piper is a Gemini in "Once Upon a Time".
The Warren Family Tree appeared in a total of 2 episode throughout the course of the series.
- Season 2
- Pardon My Past
- Season 5
- Baby's First Demon