May 6th, 1968
Tyler was born on May 6, 1968 in Birmingham, Alabama. She realized early on that she wanted to be an actress.
Her father, actor and radio announcer Doug Layton, who for 30 years served as the play-by-play announcer for the University of Alabama football ream encouraged her to pursue her dreams.
She graduated from the University of Alabama with a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Theater Arts. While in school she appeared in 15 plays. Upon graduation, she moved to Chicago to pursue her goal as an actress and gained work in commercials.
Tyler was accepted by the University of California, Irvine and continued to perform in plays while she attended graduate school, including the role of Maggie in Cat on a Hot Tin Roof. She received a Masters Degree in Theatre and went on to teach at Florida Gulf Coast University in Fort Myers, Florida as a professor.
- Rabbit Hole as Izzy
- The Merry Wives of Windsor as Mistress Ford
- Room Service as Christina Marlow
- Love's Labor's Lost as Rosaline
- Henry VI as Lady Grey
- Much Ado About Nothing as Hero
- Noises Off as Brooke Ashton
- The Winter's Tale as Perdita
- Taming of the Shrew as Bianca
- King Lear as Regan
- Troilus en Cressida as Cressida
- Measure for Measure as Isabella
- Stop Kiss as Callie
- Charmed as Melinda Warren