Tuatha was a powerful witch from the 18th century. She had been entombed into a cave for two hundred years until she was freed by two treasure hunters. The legend said that Tuatha could only be destroyed by the Chosen One, a mortal who is the seventh son of the seventh son. She was vanquished in 1999 by that chosen one; a high school student named Kyle Gwydion.
Tuatha was once a good witch, but for unknown reasons, she turned evil and started killing innocents and good witches. She could only be defeated by the Chosen One, a mortal who is the seventh son of a seventh son. In 1799, a Chosen One was able to trick Tuatha into a cave and entomb her along with her serpent, presumably her familiar, in the Lost Caves, Muir Woods.
Two centuries later in 1999, Tuatha was freed by two treasure hunters. The men explored the cave believing it was a 19th-century mine shaft. They unknowingly released Tuatha, who instantly demanded her wand. As the men had no idea what she meant, she used her magical dust to shrink them and fed them to her snake. She then used the dust on her snake and told it to find her wand, causing to teleport away.
When Leo Wyatt learned of Tuatha's escape, he went to warn Piper and Phoebe. He informed them about Tuatha's history and that no one could vanquish her because she specialized in killing good witches. Only the Chosen One, the seventh son of a seventh son, could defeat her. The Charmed Ones had to find and protect him until he was ready to use the wand against Tuatha.
Finding her WandEdit
Tuatha's snake appeared in the apartment of an old woman named Betty, the current owner of the wand, which she had bought at a flea market. She was planning to sell it to Jack Sheridan, an internet auctioneer she met during Prue's appraisal at Buckland Auction House. Tuatha appeared and took back the wand. Terrified by the snake and Tuatha, Betty screamed for help. This was overheard by Prue Halliwell, who had stolen the adress from Jack to purchase the wand herself. She witnessed how Tuatha vanquished Betty and then flung Tuatha across the room before escaping with the wand.
Knowing Prue would eventually come after her, Tuatha killed filmmaker so she could use his heart in a disempowering spell. When Prue confronted Tuatha, she was shocked that her powers were gone. Luckily for her, Tuatha had not expected three witches and decided to retreat. She obtained two more hearts to strip Piper and Phoebe of their powers as well.
Meanwhile, Leo was training the Chosen One, Kyle Gwydion, to use the wand against Tuatha. However, Kyle lacked confidence and ran away after learning of the sisters' encounter with Tuatha.
Battling the Chosen OneEdit
Searching for the wand, Tuatha's snake appeared in the manor and nearly attacked Piper until Leo spotted it. After Piper unsuccessfully tried to freeze it, Prue stabbed it with a poker, causing the snake tp split in two. Kyle then returned and used the wand to destroy the snake. Tuatha then appeared and knocked out Phoebe and Leo with a sleeping potion. She then trapped Piper and Prue and reclaimed her wand from a scared Kyle.
Knowing he lacked confidence, the sisters used a "courage potion" on Kyle, though Tuatha stated there was no such thing. However, with some encouragement from the sisters, Kyle was able to call for the wand and engaged Tuatha in a power struggle. He was eventually able to overpower Tuatha and vanquished her, destroying the wand in the process. Prue then revealed that Tuatha was right, as there was no such thing as a "courage potion", meaning that Kyle had defeated her on his own.
In 2010, Tuatha was resurrected when she possessed Tyler Michaels's body, who was the host of Heremus. Since he was at the house of his boyfriend at the time, she interrogated him about Tyler's origins by threatening his parents. Tuatha was delighted to learn that Tyler was an Archai and planned to take full advantage of his reality-altering powers.
Just as Tuatha left through a portal, the Charmed Ones and Prue arrived. Prue instantly recognized Tuatha and quickly called her back, causing her to crash in the street outside. Tuatha undid the spell protecting the Charmed Ones from Prue, causing them to suffer in her presence. She then opened several portals to summon demons to attack the sisters and Kareem, while Prue fought Tuatha personally. After blasting her away, Prue astral projected into Tuatha and found Heremus. She attacked the Old One, resulting in an explosion that vanquished Tuatha and returned Tyler to normal.
- Tuatha's Grimoire: A magical tome filled with spells and potions. The only known content is the "To Disempower a Witch" spell.
- Tuatha's Wand: A magical wand that allows the user to alter reality. The Chosen One was destined to vanquish Tuatha with her own wand.
- Magical Dust: A magical powder used by Tuatha for various effects.
- Tuatha's Snake: A large snake that presumably served as Tuatha's familiar. It could sense the location of the wand and to clone itself.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
- Basic Powers
- Spell Casting: The ability to cast spells and perform rituals.
- Potion Making: The ability to brew potions. Tuatha appeared to be an adept in potion making—one of her potions was strong enough to knock Piper and Phoebe off their feet when she threw it at them, her Sleeping Potion was so potent that it completely knocked out Phoebe and even Leo (who was in close proximity to Phoebe), and she also knew that there was no such thing as a "courage potion".
- Scrying: The ability to locate a person or object by the use of a scrying crystal and a map.
- Mediumship: The ability to see and commune with spirits of the dead.
- Active Powers
- Levitation: The ability to float in midair. Tuatha was shown levitating while possessing Tyler Michaels.
- Power Negation: The ability to cancel out the powers or spells of other beings. While possessing Tyler, Tuatha nullified the spell that protected the Charmed Ones from Prue.
- Powers accessed by Wand
- Calling: The ability to summon an object to one's hand. Tuatha could call forth her wand at will.
- Reality Warping: The ability to manipulate reality.
- Molecular Combustion: The ability to speed up molecules to the point that they combust.
- Powers accessed by magic dust
- Teleportation: The ability to teleport from one location to another.
- Remote Teleportation: The ability to teleport other beings from one place to another without physical contact with that person or teleporting oneself.
- Intangibility: The ability to alter one's molecular structure to a state that can pass through physical matter.
- Shrinking: The ability to shrink objects or beings in size.
- Tyler Michaels's Powers
- Portal Creation: The ability to create portals. Tuatha could create portals of flames while possessing Tyler Michaels.
- Other Powers
- Immortality: The ability to possess an infinite lifespan and an arrested aging process. Tuatha was able to survive being entombed for two hundred years.
- Immunity: The ability to be immune to certain powers, spells or potions. Tuatha was immune to a sleeping potion thrown by Phoebe.
Notes and TriviaEdit
- Tuatha was the first evil witch to appear in Charmed.
- Though Tuatha seemed to depend on her knowledge of the Craft, her dust, and her wand instead of active powers, she was still one of the most powerful evil witches the Charmed Ones had ever faced. Leo once stated that there was no way for them to vanquish her, as she was an expert in killing good witches, and this was subsequently proved by their final fight with her - they would have been killed had it not been for Kyle.
- Tuatha was the first being ever to display the power of Molecular Combustion, though it was through the use of her wand. Piper herself later develops this power.
- She was also the first evil being vanquished with this power.
- Despite her infamy, she did not have a Book of Shadows entry, presumably because none of the Warren witches had met her until the Charmed Ones.
|This gallery shows four pictures, randomly selected, related to the subject of this article.|
A more complete gallery can be found here. Any future additions should be added there as well.
Tuatha appeared in a total of 1 episode and 2 comic issue over the course of the series.
- Season 2
- That Old Black Magic
|Antagonists of Season 2|
|Abraxas · Jeremy Burns · Nicholas · The Woogyman · Nathaniel Pratt · Malcolm and Jane Franklin · Masselin · Jeff Carlton · Darla · Tuatha · The Collectors · Water Demon · Ms. Hellfire · Bane Jessup · Barbas · Drazi · Elias Lundy · Snake, Rabbit and the Pig · Anton · P. Russell · Litvack · Spirit Killer · Cryto · Bloody Mary · The Slasher · Demon of Illusion · Libris · Dr. Curtis Williamson · Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse · Dragon Warlock · The Infernal Council|
|Antagonists of Season 10|
|Gaxageal · Fritz · Valen · Murray · Will o' the Wisp · Aldar Kose · Dominus · Barbas · Heremus · Shax · Zankou · Tuatha · Prue Halliwell · The Old Ones|