To Lose a Love Forever is a ritual that was used by Piper Halliwell to destroy Jeremy. It failed, presumably because Jeremy was a warlock. It did, however, hurt him by pushing thorns through his skin from the inside. This was due to Piper, who had strengthened the ritual by pushing the roses that Jeremy had given her, into the poppet.
- (Book of Shadows text:)
To Lose a Love ForeverEdit
- Oil of Tansy, Oil of Thyme...
- Oil of Roses, Oil of Pennyroyal...
- Anoint Nine Candles with
- oils and herbs
- Place in Cauldron to burn
- Holding Poppet over Flames,
- Press Roses' Thorns in belly.
- "Your love will wither
- and depart from my life
- and my heart,
- Let me be..........
- And go Away Forever."
- When the Flames die
- the Spell is complete...
- This is the first spell to be cast by Piper.
- This is the first ritual performed by the Charmed Ones.
- Several clips of this scene in which this ritual takes place appeared in the opening credits; the overhead shot of the sisters at the table, Piper pushing the roses into the poppet, each of the sisters' close ups, the rose disappearing as the ritual finishes, and the explosion. While most clips were only featured during seasons 1 to 3 (due to Shannen Doherty's departure), the clip in which the rose disappears and the overhead shot were featured in the opening during seasons 4 to 8.