|Season 1, Episode 20|
|Prue and Phoebe's way to lure Jackson Ward to them|
|Air date||April 28, 1999|
|Written by||Brad Kern|
|Directed by||Elodie Keene|
|Brenda Bakke||Soul Collector|
|Carlos Gómez||Insp. Rodriguez|
|Jeff Kober||Jackson Ward|
|Sean Hennigan||Alcatraz Guide|
|Cristine Rose||Claire Pryce|
|Don Brunner||Insp. Anderson|
|Lesley Woods||Iris Beiderman|
|Jack Donner||Judge Renault|
|Michele Harrell||Insp. Blakely|
|Jim Hanna||CSI Detective|
|Yuji Hasegawa||Mr. Yakihama|
Out of Sight
For a complete plot of The Power of Two go here.
While taking a tour of Alcatraz, Phoebe watches the ghost of a serial killer take possession of a guard’s body so he can cross the waters surrounding the prison. Once free from the infamous prison, the ghost targets those that played a part in his conviction to seek revenge. The sisters discover the only way to banish the ghost is for one of them to die and recite a spell while on the astral plane. Piper worries about leaving Prue and Phoebe alone as she leaves on a business trip to Hawaii.
Characters in bold appear for the first time in the series.
Book of Shadows/Spells/PotionsEdit
- to fight the evil spirit on the astral
- plane it is necessary to join him
- in death.
- mix the following:
- a pinch of oleander
- a pinch of jimsonweed
- a pinch of bloodroot
- a pinch of hollyhock seeds
- grind to a fine powder and
- take with the juice of
- after battle is joined,
- chant the following
- "ashes to ashes
- spirit to spirit
- take his soul,
- banish this evil."
- continue chanting without ceasing
- until the evil spirit disintegrates.
- this spell must only be
- attempted with a partner.
- after not more than four minutes
- the dead one must be awakened,
- lest she too becomes
- a spirit in fact.
"Stolen Car" by Beth Orton
Notes and TriviaEdit
- This episode scored 5.7 million viewers.
- This episode shows Phoebe's power advancing; she can call for premonitions and she can feel what innocents in her premonitions feel.
- Piper mentioned that she felt something was wrong at home while on her business trip to Hawaii. She either meant that she was worried about leaving her two sisters alone, or she actually felt something was wrong. This marks the bond between the sisters growing, as they can feel each other.
- Andy finds out about "The Truth Spell", which Prue cast last year, to find out how Andy would react when he knew Prue was a witch.
- This is the first time Prue died, other than the two clone-Prues in "Which Prue is It, Anyway?".
- This episode shows the first time that a sister dies temporarily. In this case Prue is the one who dies.
- During the filming of this episode, Holly Marie Combs had surgery for uterine fibroid, which is why Piper was sent on a business trip and the episode focused on Prue and Phoebe.
- Cristine Rose is credited as Christine Rose in this episode.
- This is the first episode in which Piper does not use Molecular Immobilization.
References to other movies, books, mythology, etc.Edit
- Phoebe makes a reference to "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" saying "Great, where is Buffy when we need her?" when she and Prue walked through the cemetery. Jeff Kober, the actor portraying Jackson, also guest-starred on Buffy.
- The title of this episode is a reference to the Charmed term "The Power of Three", which is the magic that makes the Charmed Ones so powerful. Most of this episode only has Phoebe and Prue working together, with the power of two.
- Phoebe saying "Welcome, to our little shop of horrors", is a reference to the 1960 movie, "Little Shop of Horrors".
- Piper: Prue, have you seen my purse?
- Prue: In the kitchen. Have you seen my keys?
- Piper: They're by the T.V. I can't find my plane ticket. Did I give it to you?
- Prue: Maybe you packed it.
- Piper: I didn't just pack it, I just saw it.
- (Phoebe holds Piper's plane ticket and tries to have a premonition. It works.)
- Phoebe: I can't believe it. It worked.
- Prue: (She snatches Piper's plane ticket off Phoebe.) Found it.
- Phoebe: I've been practicing how to call a premonition, and I did it. I saw a future event on command. Oh, and that's the good news. The bad news is... I saw you missing your flight.
- Piper: Oh, great.
- (The doorbell rings. Prue answers it.)
- Prue: Andy, hi.
- Andy: Hi.
- Prue: I was wondering whether I'd see you again. I thought you might be mad at me.
- Andy: No, I just needed some space. It's one thing to suspect what your secret was, it's another thing to actually see it with my own eyes.
- Prue: So does that mean that you're okay with it?
- Andy: Actually, I'm here on a case, a kind of case where frankly before, I probably would've been looking for a more logical explanation.
- Prue: Well, come on in. (They go inside.) What's the case?
- Phoebe: Coincidence? I think not. It's got to be the ghost that got off Alcatraz.
- Prue: You know, speaking of coincidences. Don't you think it's an awfully big one that your friend saw this ghost?
- Phoebe: Prue, if we've learned anything by now, it's that there aren't any coincidences, right?
- Prue: Right. (Andy's staring out the window.) Andy, are you alright?
- Andy: I don't know. Just getting used to the idea of demons and witches. I don't know if I'm ready for ghosts too.
- Phoebe: You ain't seen nothing yet.
- Prue: Pheebs.
- Andy: But if you're right, if it is the ghost of Jackson Ward that is the killer, how do I stop him from killing again?
- (At the cemetery)
- Prue: Oh, I hate cemeteries at night.
- Phoebe: I hate cemeteries at day. (They hear a noise.) What was that?
- Prue: Ah, probably a zombie or vampire.
- Phoebe: Great, where's Buffy when you need her?
- Prue: Okay, perfect, there it is, Jackson Ward. Do you have the picture? (Prue looks at the picture and Phoebe's written on it.) Hey, Jackson, let's party?
- Phoebe: Okay, well, I couldn't think of anything else to write. Can we just do this and hurry?
- Phoebe: Is the ghost toast?
- French: Le Pouvoir des Deux (The Power of Two)
- Czech: Síla dvou (The Power of Two)
- Slovak: Sila dvoch (The Power of Two)
- Italian: Il fantasma assassino (The Murderer Ghost)
- Polish: Potęga dwójki (The Power of Two)
- Spanish (Spain and Latin America): El poder de dos (The Power of Two)
- Hungarian: Szellemek harca (War of Spirits)
- Portuguese (Portugal and Brazil): O Poder das Duas (The Power of Two)
- Russian: Sila dvuh (The Power of Two)
- Finnish: Kahden voima (The Power of Two)
- German: Ein Geist, zwei Schwestern (One Ghost, Two Sisters)
Out of Sight
|Episodes: Season 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10|