Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Necromancer was formerly a demon named Armand, who had a tumultuous relationship with Penny Halliwell, the grandmother of the Charmed Ones. Though they truly and passionately loved each other, he betrayed her, causing her to vanquish him. Presumably foreseeing that either she or her descendants would have to deal with his return at some point in the future, she added an entry of him in the Book of Shadows.
Though the Necromancer was vanquished, his ghost retained the greed for power that he had in life. He began absorbing the spirits of magical beings, which would cause him to temporarily become corporeal. His one main goal, as Penny put it, was to find the most powerful magical spirits possible, and devour them, which would enable him to truly resurrect himself.
Some time later, Penny had fallen in love with another man, Allen Halliwell, and in 1950, they conceived a child, Patty Halliwell. During her daughter's wiccaning, the Necromancer attacked. He wanted to devour every spirit of the Warren line so that he could come back to life, but Penny banished him before he could execute that plan.
In 2003, Penny was summoned to perform a wiccaning for her great-grandson, Wyatt Halliwell. The Necromancer appeared and captured Grams. Using his power of spirits, he seduced her, in hopes of forcing her to summon the Halliwell Matriarchs and absorbing their magic, which he claimed was powerful enough to resurrect them both. He nearly succeeded in doing this, until Paige Matthews cast the Truth Spell on her grandmother. The spell broke his control over Penny, who revealed that, while she still loved him, her love for her family was greater. Using the To Vanquish a Ghost and Return Him to His Rest spell, she vanquished his spirit for all eternity.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
- Active Powers
- Spirit Absorption: The ability to absorb the essence of spirits. The Necromancer required powerful magical spirits to sustain himself.
- Spirit Dominion: The ability to have control over spirits.
- Manifestation: The ability to exist in spirit form after being vanquished until one is strong enough to return to life.
- Corporealization: The ability used by spirits to temporarily become corporeal. The Necromancer could only achieve this by absorbing spirits.
- Smoke-Fading: The ability to teleport through a combination of smoke and light.
- (Book of Shadows text:)
- The Necromancer is not a demon
- but the ghost of a demon who was
- vanquished. Mostly dwelling in the
- spirit realm he has dominion over
- the dead, although he has been
- known to escape to the land of the
- living. He no longer possesses
- powers of his own but feeding on
- the souls of the magical dead
- imbues him with temporary life. The
- length of his empowerment depends
- on the strength of the Spirit.
- Left page
- favorite dinner: lamb chops with mint jelly
- Enjoys Clark Gable pictures
- Enjoys Luxuries of LIFE!
- Right page
- Willing to do anything to live!!
- A user and a liar
Notes and TriviaEdit
- Grams and Armand's relationship resembles the relationship of Phoebe and Cole. It is also similar to the relationship of Melinda Warren and Matthew Tate, the warlock that betrayed her.
The Necromancer has appeared in a total of 1 episode throughout the course of the series.
- Season 5
- Necromancing the Stone
|Antagonists of Season 5|
|Sea Hag · Necron · Wicked Witch from the Magic Mirror · The Siren · Arnon · Orin · Cree · Barbas · Bacarra · Ronan · Cole Turner · Jeric · Isis · Kaia · Dex · Witch Doctor · Axel · Tracer Demon · Doris Bennett · Cronyn · Parasite Demons · The Crone · Saleel · Janna and Jayda · Familiar Hunter · Xavier and Tull · Kazi Demons · The Necromancer · The Titans|