|The Legend of Sleepy Halliwell|
|Season 6, episode 14|
|The sisters and Leo visit Magic School.|
February 8, 2004
|For a complete plot of The Legend of Sleepy Halliwell, go here.|
The Charmed Ones help out Leo's mentor, Gideon, when he wants to find out who cast the spell of darkness over magic school and conjured the Headless Horseman who has been beheading the teachers. Phoebe goes on a vision quest and discovers who Chris really is.
- Alyssa Milano as Phoebe Halliwell
- Rose McGowan as Paige Matthews
- Holly Marie Combs as Piper Halliwell
- Brian Krause as Leo Wyatt
- Drew Fuller as Chris Halliwell
- Dean Shelton as Zachary
- Christopher Neiman as Sigmund
- Adam Hendershott as Slick
- Mitchah Williams as Quentin
- Elena Finney as Enola
- Sarah Rafferty as Carol
- Betsy Randle as Mrs. Winterbourne
- Gildart Jackson as Gideon
Special Musical GuestEdit
- Power of Three, unite!
- End this grisly fright,
- Reverse the roles,
- and make us whole!
- Piper used an unknown spell to turn Slick into a toad temporarily. (off-screen)
- Sensing Evil: Used by a demon to scan for evil in Wyatt.
- Orbing: Type of Teleportation used by Wyatt, Leo, Gideon, Chris and Paige.
- Fireballs: Used by the Demons to attack Phoebe in the Vision Quest.
- Shimmering: Type of Teleportation used by Demons.
- Illusion Casting: Used by Enola to make Phoebe see her as a wolf.
- Empathy: Used by Phoebe, trying to read Enola's emotion. Later on, she read Zachary's emotions.
- Invisibility: Used by Gideon to make himself invisible.
- Telekinetic orbing: Used by Gideon to orb Sigmund's head to where all the other heads where being kept.
- Shapeshifting: Used by Slick to shift into another student.
- Levitation: Used by a teenage student, five nursery school kids, and Phoebe.
- Telekinesis: Used by a student to levitate Zachary and by Zachary to throw Gideon across the conservatory.
- Conjuration: Used by Herman to conjure an apple. Gideon used it to conjure a door portal leading to magic school.
- Telepathy: Used by Zachary to replicate Telekinesis, Conjuration, Astral Projection, Shapeshifting and Molecular Immobilization. Enola used it to read Phoebe's mind.
- Immunity: Zachary displayed immunity to Molecular Immobilization.
- Remote Orbing: Used by Leo to orb a small group of magic school student up to The Upper Regions.
- Summoning: Used by the Charmed Ones to summon the headless horseman.
- Astral Projection: Used by Teacher's Aid and Zachary.
Notes and TriviaEdit
- This is Gildart Jackson's first appearance as Gideon.
- This is also the first appearance of Magic School.
- When all the heads are put on something, an object is always there to hide the hole. Sigmund's head was on a table cloth, Piper's was on a cabinet with her body in it, and then Paige and hers were on books with Phoebe's on a map.
- In Phoebe's vision Piper's future second son said "Aunt Phoebe, we need your help". When Phoebe came out of her vision, it was Chris calling her, which made Phoebe realize that Chris is Wyatt's little brother.
- Taking Wyatt's approximate age into account in Phoebe's vision, it could be argued that she is pregnant with Parker instead of P.J. during her glimpse of the future.
- Kaley Cuoco, who portrays Billie Jenkins, starred in a movie about the Headless Horseman, which, ironically, was called "The Hollow", which is also a name of an ancient vapor on Charmed, seen in Season 4 and Season 8.
- This episode shows the most people being orbed by just one person.
- This is one of four episodes that has the word "Halliwell" in the title.
- This episode scored 4.8 million viewers.
- Phoebe's vision quest shows her and Paige's future selves with the same hairstyles they currently had. Paige dyes her hair back to brown two episodes later and Phoebe is growing her hair long again by the end of the season. All subsequent visions of the far off future show Phoebe with waist-length hair.
- Piper is the first sister to be beheaded, conveniently hiding Holly Marie Combs's pregnancy for the majority of the episode.
- The title of the episode is a reference to the story "The Legend of Sleepy Hollow" (1820).
- Piper threatened to turn Slick into a toad with a spell, invoking a common stereotype of witches.
- Zachary was able to tap into Piper's power and freeze the other students, although her power doesn't work on good witches.
- While Piper's head is perched atop the cabinet, her hair moves into different positions: around her neck, off to the side and behind her head.
- When the students are frozen, they're together; when Phoebe and Chris return to the Manor, Zachary is separated from the others and they are in different positions.
- When the sisters' heads are on the table, you can clearly see the hole under Phoebe's head.
Behind the ScenesEdit
- French: Le cavalier sans tête (The Hourseman Without Head)
- Finnish: Päätön ratsumies (The Headless Horseman)
- Italian: Il mistero di Sleepy Halliwell (The Mistery of Sleepy Halliwell)
- Czech: Události v Magické škole (Events in the Magic School)
- Slovak: Legenda Sleepy Halliwellovej (The Legend of Sleepy Halliwell)
- Russian: Легенда о спящей Холливелл [Legenda o spjaščej Hollivell] (The Legend of Sleepy Halliwell)
- Spanish (Spain): La leyenda de la Halliwell durmiente (The Legend of the ~ Sleeper)
- Spanish (Latin America): La leyenda del jinete sin cabeza (The Legend of Headless Horseman) (The Legend of the Rider Without Head)
- Serbian: Legenda uspavanih Halivelovih
- German: Die kopflosen Drei (The Headless Three)
- Hungarian: A fejnélküli Halliwellek legendája (The Legend of Headless Halliwells)
I Dream of Phoebe
| Episodes: Season 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8|
Comics: Season 9 - 10