|For a complete plot of The Importance of Being Phoebe, go here.|
- Alyssa Milano as Phoebe Halliwell
- Rose McGowan as Paige Matthews
- Holly Marie Combs as Piper Halliwell
- Brian Krause as Leo Wyatt
- Julian McMahon as Cole Turner
- Dorian Gregory as Darryl Morris
- Erik King as Dex
- Angela Little as Kaia
- Rebecca Balding as Elise Rothman
- Armando Valdes as Officer Garcia
- Steven M. Porter as Health Inspector
- Christopher Darga as Bail Bondsman
- Garry G as Guard
- Natasha Aiello as Female Driver
- Dawn Lewis as Demon Dancer
- Joe Sabatino as Demon Guard
- David Figlioli as Brute Demon
- David Heckel as Seedy Demon
- Alex Paez as Cop #1
- Casey Smith as Rat Warlock #1
After Kaia, Shapeshifted into Phoebe, could convince Piper and Leo that Cole was playing some sort of Mind Control on them, and that that was the reason that Piper and Paige saw them kissing. When Leo asked her if she had used her power for Evil, Kaia (posing as Phoebe) said she hadn't, but that maybe Cole could make her do it. She then asked them to remove her powers, and after Piper agreed, saying that they could always restore them, created and cast a Spell to do so. The Spell worked, as it took away the real Phoebe's powers.
- This Witch's power can not fight,
- the lure of Evil's magic might,
- before misuses lands her in hell,
- remove the powers of Phoebe Halliwell.
To Summon a Nexus
Cole Turner cast this spell to summon the Nexus on which the Halliwell Manor is built. The Spell allowed Cole to take in the Nexus, but Phoebe banished it using the Woogyman Spell.
- Natum Adai Necral,
- Daya Intay Layok!
Phoebe cast this Spell to banish the Nexus back into the ground after Cole took it in. The Nexus took all Demons in the Manor with it, vanquishing them, except for Cole, who managed to escape.
- I am light
- I am one too strong to fight
- Return to dark where shadows dwell
- You can not have this Halliwell!
- So go away and leave my sight
- and take with you
- this endless night!
- Technopathy: Used by Dex to make Paige's car crash.
- Fading: Type of Teleportation used by Dex, Cole and Kaia.
- Shapeshifting: Used by Kaia to shapeshift into Phoebe and back into herself. Kaia's Friend also shapeshifted into Phoebe. The Rat Warlocks used it to shapeshift into their rat forms and back into their human forms. Cole used it to shapeshift into a bail bondsman.
- Molecular Combustion: Used by Piper to blow up bar chair, while trying to blow up a rat.
- Blinking: Type of Teleportation used by Rat Warlocks.
- Orbing: Type of Teleportation used by Paige and Leo.
- Energy Balls: Used by Cole to vanquish Dex.
- Force Field: Cole created Force Fields around his penthouse so Phoebe couldn't get out. He later created one around the Manor so the sisters and Leo couldn't enter.
- Remote Teleportation: Used by Cole to teleport Kaia to his penthouse.
- Pressurization: Used by Cole to kill the young woman whose car had been in an "accident" with Paige's.
- Levitation: Used by Phoebe to levitate to the air vent in the roof of Cole's penthouse. She later used it to dodge a dagger thrown by Kaia and to levitate though the opened air vent. Kaia showed that she could not levitate at manor when posing as Phoebe.
- Telekinesis: Used by Cole to open and close the manor doors and move Piper, Paige and Leo out of the manor in a blurry motion.
- Super Strength: Used by Kaia to throw Phoebe against a wall in Cole's penthouse.
- Healing: Used by Leo to heal Phoebe.
Notes and Trivia
- This is one of four episodes with "Phoebe" in the title.
- This is the last time that Phoebe, Piper and Leo will see Cole alive in the normal timeline in the series. Paige will last see him in the alternate timeline in Centennial Charmed. Piper meets him in the cosmic void in The Seven Year Witch, though he is hovering between life and death. In the comics, all sisters eventually see Cole again.
- Paige mentioned that before she orbed out of jail, she put pillows under the sheets, ironically, Prue did the same thing in "Wicca Envy", when she escaped from jail.
- Phoebe loses her powers for the ninth time in this episode.
- This is one of the many episodes in which an evil being attempts to gain access to the nexus. Zankou will attempt the same several times in season 7.
- The title of this episode is a reference to Oscar Wilde's comedy The Importance of Being Earnest (1895). As it has two men claiming to be Earnest.
- Early in the episode Paige mentions "eye of newt" as an ingredient Shakespeare's witches use in Macbeth . Eye of Newt was another name for mustard seeds.
- When an unconscious Phoebe is lying on the ground, Cole picks her up. You can clearly see that Alyssa puts her arms around Julian's neck.
- When Kaia throws the knife at Phoebe, if you watch in freeze-frame, you can see that for the shot from behind her, there's no knife in her hands.
- In the scene where Paige is talking to Darryl while having her mugshot taken, the sleeve of her yellow shirt is on her arm, but when she is next seen, it is on her shoulder, despite nobody having moved it.
- Starting with this episode, the Woogyman, now called the Shadow, and the Nexus become intertwined, while they previously were separate entities.
- Cole mentioned that Phoebe doesn't drink. However, she is seen and has mentioned drinking several times across the series.
- Russian: Так трудно быть Фиби [Tak trudno byt′ Fibi] (So Hard to Be Phoebe)
- French: Nexus (Nexus)
- Czech: Jak je důležité míti Phoebe (How Important is to Have Phoebe)
- Slovak: Dôležitá je PhoebeI (Important is Phoebe)
- Spanish (Spain and Latin America): La importancia de ser Phoebe (The Importance of Being Phoebe)
- Serbian: Koliko je Važno Biti Fibi (The Importance of Being Phoebe)
- German: Der Nexus (The Nexus)
- Italian: L'importanza di essere Phoebe (The Importance of Being Phoebe)
- Hungarian: Phoebe az elérhetetlen (Phoebe the Unattainable)
Y Tu Mummy Tambien
| Episodes: Season 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8|
Comics: Season 9 - 10