|Written by||Paul Ruditis|
|Published by||Simon & Schuster Children's Publishing|
A Tale of Two Pipers
Survival of the Fittest
The Brewing Storm is the 25th novel in the Charmed book series.
- Earth, air, fire, water'—
- A child must bring them all together.
- Calm the shaking, quell the slaughter,
- Tonight's the night'—'it's now or never.
Despite wacky weather threatening the San Francisco area, life for the Charmed Ones is as normal as ever. Normal, that is, until eleven-year-old Tyler Michaels shows up at their door. Tyler, a Firestarter, is on the run from demons. Though the Halliwell sisters have dealt with Tyler before, a glance at the Book of Shadows turns up new, unexpected information about the boy ... and the forces for which his magic can be harnessed.
Once a century the planets align in such a way that the tides shift and the climates changes, causing unpredictable weather and earthquakes. With the world out of balance, the Firestarter is charged with gathering the other Elementals on the Night of Aeolus to perform a sacred ritual. Without this ritual the weather will eventually tear the world apart. But the demons chasing Tyler want to divert the Elemental power and channel it for a dark evil. The Charmed Ones must prevent this from happening at all costs—but the Night of Aeolus is already upon them....
- Tempest - A demon
- Rafe - A windwalker
- Gabrielle Chambers - A waterbearer
- Muriel Hammond - An earthshaker
Piper confirms that she is not pregnant, but that Cole is (supposedly) out of the picture, meaning that this novel would have to take place immediately before the season 4 finale Witch Way Now?. This would actually place it before the 23rd novel Inherit the Witch, even though it was published afterwards.
- The demon Tempest was introduced in this novel. This led to some confusion for fans as to whether they were discussing Tempus, a time demon from season 1, or a new character named Tempest.
- This is one of four stories that the author of the comic book series wrote prior to the comics.
- Goof: Paige says she has been working to finalize Tyler's adoption for almost a year, but the series/novel timeline indicate that it has been less than three months since in his season 4 debut.
- Goof: Paige incorrectly refers to Phoebe as being divorced from Cole. This is likely because of the fact that the novels were written a year out (or behind depending on the point of view) and the author did not know how the show would develop.
- The shot of Darryl Morris dates back to Season 1.
- The person who predicted there would be more earthquakes when planets aligned, admitted he was wrong after nothing happened.