|Survival of the Fittest|
|Someone is exercising control of San Francisco…|
Simon & Schuster Children's Publishing
Survival of the Fittest is the 26th book of the Charmed novel series.
Despite the Season 6 promo picture on the cover, the novel actually takes place right before the Season 4 finale, as Piper is not yet pregnant. This causes some conflict with the actual series timeline, as Paige clearly states it is the end of June (they celebrated the summer solstice).
Alien abduction fever has gripped San Francisco. People everywhere are reporting loved ones missing… only to have them show up at home with no recollection of having been gone. The Charmed Ones can't help but become involved, especially when Phoebe receives a letter to her advice column from a woman who's convinced her sister was "taken." The victim says she was just out, but since she's returned, she's developed an almost demonic devotion to a new workout program.
The workout program in question, created by Meg Winship, has become incredibly popular in the Bay Area. Even Piper, after seeing an infomercial, suddenly finds herself jogging to the "Winship Way." Luckily there's a rally being held in San Francisco in the next few days. Meg Winship herself will appear to further inspire and thank her new disciples. If there's something supernatural involved, as the sisters suspect, the fitness fiesta is their best bet to figure out who—or what—is in charge of the chaos.
- Piper Halliwell: The eldest sister with the powers of Molecular Immobilization and Molecular Combustion.
- Phoebe Halliwell: The middle sister with the powers of Premonition and Levitation.
- Paige Matthews: The youngest half-sister with the powers of Telekinetic Orbing and Orbing.
- This is the last Charmed novel to be translated to and published in Russian.
- Russian cover: Vyživajet sil'ǌejšĳ (Survive strongest)