Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
A flat wooden board marked with alphabetical letters, numbers and symbols
The spirit board also known as the Ouija board or talking board, is a flat wooden board marked with the letters of the alphabet, the numbers 0-9, the words "yes", "no", "hello" (occasionally), and "good-bye", along with various symbols and graphics.
It uses a planchette (small heart-shaped piece of wood) or movable indicator to indicate the spirit's message by spelling it out on the board during a séance. Participants place their fingers on the planchette and it is moved about the board to spell out words.
The Halliwell Spirit board
The Halliwell family has its own spirit board. It was stored in the manor's basement for several months until Prue Halliwell found it again when searching for the circuit tester, in early October of 1998. When she showed the board later that evening to Piper, they both discovered they had forgotten that their deceased mother had inscribed a message on the back:
- To my three beautiful daughters, may this give you the light to find the shadows. The power of three will set you free. Love, Mom.
According to Piper they never understood what their mother meant to which Prue replied that they should send it to Phoebe because she was so in the dark and maybe a little light could help.
Notes & Trivia
- The spirit board was crafted by Sword and Stone (who also created one version of the Book of Shadows, Tuatha's wand, and several other props) and was sold on eBay after the show ended its run in 2006.
- It appears that Patty's message was not carved into the actual prop board. Looking at the screencap (right) one can see that there is no engraving to be seen.
- The spirit board was last seen in the rubble of the destroyed manor in "Kill Billie: Vol. 2". It didn't appear to have any real damage but was covered in dust.
- The Halliwell spirit board does not include "yes" and "no" or a "goodbye", like most traditional spirit boards do.
- The sisters incorrectly referred to the planchette as the pointer. An understandable mistake seeing as the sisters themselves were not involved with the craft during their youth. However, in Prue's line of work at museum's and an auction house, one would presume her to know the correct term.
- SOTA Toys released an official replica of the Charmed Ones' spirit board in 2004. It is rumored that SOTA Toys would only make a replica of the Charmed Ones' Book of Shadows if the spirit board sold well, which it didn't.
- The official replica had some noticeable differences from the real prop; it was much thicker and was not made from real wood (rather painted hard plastic). The triquetra on front was also 'carved' in the board instead of painted, however, Patty's message was replicated in detail.