|Something Old, Something New|
Simon & Schuster Children's Publishing
When a vortex appears in the middle of the Charmed Ones' attic, they follow their instincts and land up in Boston in the 1700's. There they meet their ancestor, Prudence Warren, daughter of Melinda. But she wants to give up her powers. And the Charmed Ones in all this; what will they do to keep the magic alive in their family?
In this novel, it is said that Melinda bound her daughter's powers in order to keep her safe.
- Piper Halliwell: The middle sister with the power of Molecular Immobilization and Molecular Combustion.
- Phoebe Halliwell: The third sister with the power of Premonition and Levitation.
- Paige Matthews: The youngest half-sister with the power of Telekinetic Orbing and Orbing.
- Prudence Warren: Melinda Warren's daughter, who is recently discovering her gifts.
- Michael Wentworth: Prudence's fiancé.
- Elizabeth Hasting: Prudence's foster mother, and a former witch.
- Helena: A sorceress who takes other witches' powers to strengthen her own.
- Penny Halliwell: The Charmed Ones' grandmother with the power of Telekinesis.
- Melinda Warren: The sisters' ancestor who prophesized the Charmed Ones' existence. She had all three original powers.
- Telekinesis: Used by Prudence to extinguish fire with water.
- Time Travel: Used by the Halliwell matriarchs to create a time portal.
- Error in Timeline:
- In this story, it is said that Prudence Warren left Salem with a friend of her mother's, Elizabeth, to go to Boston when she was still little. But in Whispers from the Past, it is clear that Prudence was still in Salem when Phoebe landed up there following which Prudence was labelled as a witch, thus necessitating her leaving the town. Additionally, in Whispers from the Past, Prudence's daughter Cassandra is already a young child, but in the Warren Witches, Prudence is getting ready for her marriage to Michael Wentworth (in fact, the story includes his discovery of magic).