|Sleuthing with the Enemy|
|Season 3, episode 8|
|Phoebe says goodbye to Cole.|
December 14, 2000
|For a complete plot of Sleuthing with the Enemy, go here.|
After suffering a serious injury at the hand of The Charmed Ones, Cole disappears leaving Phoebe to worry. As the girls prepare a potion to destroy Belthazor, they encounter Krell, a demon bounty hunter sent by The Source to kill Belthazor. Piper reluctantly agrees with Prue to join forces with Krell to find Belthazor so they can vanquish him, as Phoebe searches for information as to the current whereabouts of Cole. Later Prue, Phoebe and Piper learn that Cole is the demon that has been trying to kill them and Phoebe faces the tough decision of killing the man she loves or defying her sisters by letting him go free.
Characters in bold appear for the first time in the series.
- Prue Halliwell
- Piper Halliwell
- Phoebe Halliwell
- Leo Wyatt
- Reece Davidson
- Homeless Man
Book of ShadowsEdit
- The Belthazor Vanquish Potion is opposite (to the left) of the Belthazor page.
- Prue says that everything Krell said about Zotars was in the Book of Shadows.
- The Charmed Ones recite the Belthazor Vanquish Potion Spell from the Book of Shadows. The result is a successful Belthazor Vanquishing potion.
- Prue re-wrote the spell used to summon Melinda Warren to create the Belthazor Summoning Spell.
- The first time Prue and Piper cast the Belthazor Summoning Spell they are surprised to get Krell.
- The second time Prue and Piper cast the Belthazor Summoning Spell they were looking for Krell.
- Spirits of Air
- Forest and Sea
- Set us of this
- Demon free:
- Beasts of hoof
- And Beasts of shell
- Drive this evil
- Back to hell
- Magic forces
- Black and White
- Reaching out
- Through Space and Light
- Be he far
- Or be he near
- Bring us the demon
- Belthazor here.
- Prue created this spell in 2000 by altering the spell used to summon Melinda Warren. When first cast, Prue and Piper were shocked that Krell, a bounty hunter, intercepted their "calling card" and showed up instead of Belthazor. In later episodes a page with the spell can be seen.
- Prue and Piper made the Belthazor Vanquish Potion which includes, but is not limited to: Mandrake, Cockles, Pig's Feet, and Belthazor Flesh
- Glistening: Used by Krell to teleport.
- Shimmering: Used by Cole to teleport.
- Electrokinesis: Used by Krell to attack Cole, the sisters, and torture a homeless man.
- Energy Balls: used by Cole to attack Krell.
- Telekinesis: Used by Prue to fling Krell
- Molecular Immobilization: Used by Piper to freeze Krell and to unfreeze his head only.
- Healing: Used by Leo to partially heal Cole.
- Orbing: Used by Leo to teleport.
- Apportation: Used by Cole to summon an athame.
Notes and TriviaEdit
- In this episode we learn that Evil often congregate in cemeteries. It's more difficult to track demons there and it has thus turned into a good hiding place for evil beings.
- Darryl does not appear in this episode.
- Prue doesn't use her Astral Projection power.
- Phoebe doesn't use her Premonition and Levitation powers.
- Throughout this episode, every time Leo says Belthazor (pronounced Bel-Ther-Zor) He would pronounce it Bol-Ther-Za, more closely mirroring the way it would be said with a demon accent.
- The title is a reference to the title of the movie "Sleeping With The Enemy " (1991), starring Julia Roberts and Patrick Bergin, about a dangerous, controlling husband.
- The Charmed Ones discover that Cole is a demon in this episode.
- This is the third time that the Charmed Ones (in this case Prue and Piper) work with a demon or warlock. It happens before in "When Bad Warlocks Go Good" and "Apocalypse, Not".
- It is explained that Leo is only able to heal half of Cole's injuries because his healing power does not work on demons, of which Cole is half. In the Season 4 episode "Charmed Again, Part 2" Cole is fully healed via the Whitelighter healing power, with Paige's whitelighter half complimenting Leo's healing touch. This means Leo's limitation is probably only resident with regular pure whitelighters, or more whitelighter power is required for it than one can have.
- Prue and Piper create the Belthazor vanquishing potion in this episode. One of the ingredients is a pig's foot, at which Piper says, "Poor Piggy". Paige says the same thing when mixing the same potion in the Season 4 episode "Black as Cole".
- This is the first time Piper froze a being and then only unfroze its head afterward. Piper uses this a few times to interogate demons, once freezing a demon in mid-shimmer and then unfreezing his head so that they could interogate him. Piper, in "Centennial Charmed", uses this to interrogate the Lazarus Demon and is selectively able to just blow up one of his arms.
- Prue said she is a Scorpio in this episode backing up her birth date as 28th October 1970.
- Krell gets smashed into the Grandfather Clock when Prue telekinetically knocks him across the room.
- This episode reunites Holly Marie Combs with Keith Diamond, they last worked together in the 1992 film "Dr. Giggles ". In the horror movie, Holly played the part of Jennifer Campbell and Keith Diamond played Officer Rietz.
- At the end of the episode, when Phoebe reassured Prue that she was right about Cole, Prue said, "I didn't want to be right." Paige said the same thing in season 4, when Phoebe found out that Cole was the Source.
- From this moment on, Prue is never fully able to trust Cole again. Which is immediately ironic considering Prue felt both Phoebe and Cole's love for each other during "Primrose Empath" and convinced Phoebe to go after Cole, leading to the two of them sleeping together.
- This episode scored 5.7 million viewers.
- This is not the only time that Phoebe runs into a room, screams "demon" and runs at him and kicks. The second time is in "We're Off to See the Wizard" when the wizard creates an underworld illusion.
- This is the first time Shimmering is referred to in dialogue.
- When Krell attacks Prue and Piper with his lightening bolt and hits the table they are hiding behind, the wiring of the explosive used to blow the pieces of the table out is visible.
- French: Démon contre démon (Demon Against Demon)
- Polish: Sypiając z wrogiem (Sleeping With the Enemy)
- Czech: Stopování s nepřítelem (Tracking With the Enemy)
- Slovak: S nepriateľom v pätách (With Enemy At Heels)
- Russian: По следу врага [Po sledu vraga] (On the trail of the Enemy)
- Spanish (Spain): Indagando con el enemigo (Investigating With The Enemy)
- Spanish (Latin America): Salvando al enemigo (Saving The Enemy)
- Serbian: Istraziti neprijatelja (Explore the Enemy)
- Italian: La Confessione (The Confession)
- German: Balthasar (Belthazor)
- Hungarian: Belthazor (Belthazor)
- Finnish: Rakas vihollinen (Beloved Enemy)
| Episodes: Season 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8|
Comics: Season 9 - 10