|Season 5, episode 4|
|Piper and Leo's unborn baby switches their powers.|
October 6, 2002
|For a complete plot of Siren Song, go here.|
The Siren, who preys on married men and their wives, puts Cole under a spell and Piper and Paige must try and figure out how to save Phoebe from certain death. Piper and Leo argue and baby Wyatt swaps their powers, also causing Leo to feel the symptoms of Piper's pregnancy. Cole continues trying to convince Phoebe that he is good.
- Alyssa Milano as Phoebe Halliwell
- Rose McGowan as Paige Matthews
- Holly Marie Combs as Piper Halliwell
- Brian Krause as Leo Wyatt
- Julian McMahon as Cole Turner
- Melinda Clarke as The Siren
- Amy Laughlin as Melissa
- Rebecca Balding as Elise Rothman
- Hawthorne James as Demonic Healer
- Branton Boxer as David
- Greg Provance as Darklighter
- Robert Merrill as Married Man
- Tisha Gonsalves as Nurse
- Tera Hendrickson as Simone
- Daniel Betances as TV Reporter
Book of ShadowsEdit
- As a mortal the Siren fell in
- love with a married man, but
- when they were caught, the man
- was held blameless. The village
- women cheered as they burned
- her to death and her rage turned
- her into a Siren; a vengeful demon
- who seduces married men with her
- song, then destroys the couples
- with the very flames that consumed her.
Paige nonverbally cast a spell from the Book of Shadows to fix the front door. After casting it, she said "Abracadabra!" like that spell fixed the door. The spell she cast could've been the Vanishing Spell, as it is seen fixing things before, like the broken windows in Cole's penthouse in Womb Raider. However, the spell Paige cast wasn't seen, so it remains unsure whether it was the Vanishing Spell or another spell that was capable of fixing broken things.
To Summon a SirenEdit
Leo wrote this spell to summon a Siren. He gave the spell to Phoebe, who made fun of it. However, they didn't need the spell, because Phoebe was lured to the Siren and Piper was then able to sense her.
- Oh singing lady of the dusk,
- Who preys on men, turns love to lust,
- We hearken ye into presence,
- To vanquish thee evil essence.
- Luring: Used by the Siren to lure her victims: David and Melissa, a Married Man, Leo and Piper and Cole and Phoebe.
- Kiss of Death: Used by the Siren to kill David and to try and kill Leo and Cole.
- Super Strength (through Telekinesis): The Siren used her power of Telekinesis to increase her strength to throw Melissa against a wall.
- Pyrokinesis: Used by the Siren to set David and Melissa's apartment on fire. Cole uses this power to destroy the potion bottle with the Siren Vanquishing Potion.
- Technopathy: Used by Cole to turn up the TV's volume.
- Fading: Type of Teleportation used by Cole and a Demonic Healer.
- Orbing: Type of Teleportation used by Leo, Paige and Piper (with Leo's Whitelighter powers).
- Apportation: Used by the Darklighter to apport his crossbow and an arrow.
- Pyrotechnics: Piper's baby turned her power of Molecular Combustion into this power, causing Piper to create fireworks around the Darklighter instead of blowing him up.
- Projection: Used by unborn Wyatt to pacify Piper's power of Molecular Combustion.
- Telekinetic orbing: Used by Paige to orb the darklighter crossbow into her hands.
- Smoking: Type of Teleportation used by the Siren.
- Telekinesis: Used by the Siren to throw Piper out of a window and to fling Phoebe.
- Healing: Used by Leo to heal Melissa and by Piper to heal Phoebe.
- Molecular Immobilization: Used by Piper to freeze Melissa.
- Power Swapping (through Projection): Piper and Leo's baby swapped their powers, using Projection from the womb. Later, their powers were swapped back.
- Molecular Combustion: Used by Leo to blow up the glass of the front door and the glass of a cabinet in the kitchen. He also blew up several things in the Siren's lair, aiming for her, before he succeeded in blowing her up. Piper blew up a bagel to show her power was restored.
- Enhanced Senses: The Demonic Healer was able to smell that the Siren was attacked by a Charmed One.
- Omnilingualism: Used by Piper to speak French, like her charge.
- Sensing: Piper sensed Phoebe.
- Darklighter Arrows - An arrow, poisonous to Whitelighters, used by Darklighters to kill Whitelighters. The poison will slowly kill them, if not healed in time.
- Darklighter Crossbow - Used to shoot Darklighter Arrows with.
Notes and TriviaEdit
- It's revealed in this episode that Whitelighters speak the language their charges speak.
- Cole finds out about Piper's pregnancy when he witnesses Leo's pregnancy symptoms.
- This is the second time Piper heals a loved one, the first time was in "Love Hurts". She displayed far more control of the power. However, she had more trouble sensing a charge. She also displayed much greater control over Orbing than Paige did in the beginning, despite it being the first time she used it. In fact, she displayed great control over all of Leo's Whitelighter powers, showing a natural affinity for them especially as besides Paige showing her how to orb and Leo showing her how to sense, she had to figure them all out on her own.
- Leo is only seen using Piper's Molecular Combustion power, not Molecular Immobilization. He attempts to create a spell, but proves terrible at it and it is never used. Last time they switched powers, Leo was too weak to use any of them.
- Cole saves the future whitelighter Melissa, and Leo says that the Elders said if he hadn't, she wouldn't have been able to do the good she was destined to do. It is unknown whether or not she had a Whitelighter at that point in her life.
- This is the only episode in the entire series where Leo kisses someone other than Piper.
- When Leo is writing the spell, Phoebe mentions trying to summon a leprechaun, perhaps foreshadowing what happens in "Lucky_Charmed".
- When Piper tries to blow up a Darklighter the baby changes her power to fireworks and when she tries to blow up the Siren the baby changes it to flowers.
- This episode scored 5.3 million viewers.
- Phoebe's dream flashes moments from the episodes:
- In this episode, Paige's orbs are a mixture of purple and blue, which recurrs in few episodes.
- Phoebe mentions the "apocalypse guys," referring to the 4 Horseman of the Apocalypse.
- The Siren is based on the Siren from Greek mythology.
- On the DVD's French audio track, Piper and the charge are speaking Spanish, even though the scene is still in France.
- In Phoebe's dream at the beginning of the episode, there is a scene from the Season 3 episode "Sleuthing with the Enemy", in which Cole raises a dagger whilst he and Phoebe kiss. As she was distracted at the time, there is no way Phoebe would remember this (unless her premonition powers influenced her dream).
- Piper mentions that Paige's father is half-Whitelighter instead of a pure Whitelighter.
- After the Siren sets the house on fire, Melissa is heard coughing even though her mouth is not moving.
- Piper refers to her Molecular Combustion as her "best offensive power", despite it being her only offensive power.
- Paige says that her father also has blue eyes, which is impossible for her to know since she doesn't meet him until "Sam, I Am".
- Phoebe: Most men don’t try to kill their wives when they're under the Siren's spell. Most men just kiss and die. But because you're a demon…
- Cole: I'm not…
- Phoebe: Okay. Well, because you have demonic powers and a lot of them, you became a bigger threat… than the Siren. And that's only one way out of a thousand that your powers can turn against me.
- (Cole pauses)
- Cole: I guess I didn’t want you to be right.
- Phoebe: (sadly) Neither did I.
- Piper: You know, Paige, there is another part of you. Your birth father was half whitelighter.
- Paige: Yeah. He also had blue eyes. Doesn't mean that I do!
- (Leo has an emotional outburst)
- Leo: I don't know what's wrong with me.
- Paige:: Dude, it's the crying thing.
- Phoebe:: It's the hormones.
- Leo: Really? I just thought that was an excuse.
- Phoebe: Welcome to our world.
- Leo: Uh, shouldn't we concentrate on swapping our powers back?
- Paige: Now, Leo, you know how that works. You two are only going to get your powers back once you've learned your lessons.
- Piper: Ugh. I hate that. It's just so very after-school special.
- Paige: Abracadabra!
- (The manor doors magically repair)
- Phoebe: Nice job!
- Piper: You did all that with 'abracadabra'?
- Paige: Nah. I used a spell. I just always wanted to say that.
- (Piper and Leo are arguing, when Paige enters with the Book of Shadows)
- Paige: I think I found the demon. (pauses) Am I interrupting something?
- Piper: Yes. What does the book say?
- Paige: Well, "As a mortal, the siren fell in love with a married man, but when they were caught, the man was held blameless."
- Piper: Typical.
- Piper: Fine. Go.
- Leo: Oh, not the "crying" thing.
- Piper: Leo, I have growing powers inside of me, powers that I do not understand. And the only person who does understand them never has time to talk. Add that to raging hormones, and I guarantee you I am absolutely entitled to do the crying thing.
- (Leo tries to write a spell to summon the Siren)
- Leo: Oh singing lady of the dusk, who preys on men, turns love to lust, we hearken ye...
- Phoebe: "We hearken ye"? What, are we trying to summon a leprechaun?
- Leo: (after their powers/pregnancy switch back) Hey I'm not nauseous anymore.
- Piper: Hey I am! Wait that's not good news.
- Cole: So, uh, did you get my flowers?
- Phoebe: Yep. (quoting the card) "Sorry I tried to strangle you"? Probably not a card that the florist gets to write everyday huh?
- Leo: I'm sure that it's just all this arguing that's got the baby upset.
- Piper: Leo, the baby is an inch long. All this arguing is upsetting the mommy!
- Piper: Okay, vanquish demon first, kill husband later.
- French: Embrasse moi (Kiss Me)
- Czech: Zpěv Sirény (Singing of a Siren)
- Slovak: Pieseň Sirény (Siren's Song)
- Russian: Песнь сирены [Pesn′ Sireny] (Siren's Song)
- Spanish (Spain): Cantos de sirena (Song of Siren)
- Spanish (Latin America): El canto de la sirena (The Song of the Siren)
- Serbian: Sirenina Pesma (Mermaid Song)
- Hebrew: shirath ha-sirena (Siren Song)
- German: Sirenengesang (Siren Song)
- Italian: Il canto della sirena (The Song of the Siren)
- Hungarian: Szirénének (Siren's Song)
Happily Ever After
Witches In Tights
| Episodes: Season 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8|
Comics: Season 9 - 10