Shortly after the birth of Chris, Piper Halliwell and Leo Wyatt went to a Hindu wedding after being pressured by Phoebe and Paige. At the wedding, shortly after their arrival, two bright lights appeared as the priest called on the gods and the couple was possessed by their essence. Piper suddenly grew four extra arms and became Shakti; the Hindu goddess of creation. Leo was turned into the god Shiva, the god of destruction. Piper used her newfound abilities to take care of her son and defended him from Barbas' minions.
Paige later exorcised the gods from them with a spell in Magic School. This encounter was also what led Piper - who had initially been overprotective of Chris to the extent where she refused to leave the house with him - to finally take Chris out to brave the world outside the house.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
As the Goddess Shakti, Piper possessed numerous new powers that enabled her to effortlessly fend off a demon attack directed at her younger son, Chris. She also retained her Wiccan powers, such as molecular combustion, which she used in perfect conjunction with her newfound powers as a goddess.
- Electrokinesis: The ability to fire lightning bolts from one's hands.
- Immortality: The ability to possess an infinite lifespan and an arrested aging process.
- Immunity: The ability to be immune to certain powers, spells or potions.
- Invincibility: The ability to be invincible.
Book of ShadowsEdit
- 'Shakti, the Hindu Goddess
- of Creation and Shiva,
- the God of Destruction
- are commonly invoked at
- weddings because they're
- reconsidered to be the
- Ultimate Lovers.
- Shakti, also called The
- Ultimate Mother, and
- Shiva, together created All
- Things, and if they
- consummate their love
- again, All Things will be
- obliterated and the
- Universe will be reborn.'
Notes and TriviaEdit
- As Shiva, Brahma and Vishnu are aspects of the Supreme Being, so the Great Goddess is split into Sati(Shakti), Kali and Parvati(Shakti) much of the time. Parvati is the reincarnation of Sati.
Shakti appeared in a total of 1 episode over the course of the series.
|Charmed, Season 7|
|#01||"A Call to Arms"||#09||"There's Something About Leo"||#17||"Scry Hard"|
|#02||"The Bare Witch Project"||#10||"Witchness Protection"||#18||"Little Box of Horrors"|
|#03||"Cheaper by the Coven"||#11||"Ordinary Witches"||#19||"Freaky Phoebe"|
|#04||"Charrrmed!"||#12||"Extreme Makeover: World Edition"||#20||"Imaginary Fiends"|
|#05||"Styx Feet Under"||#13||"Charmageddon"||#21||"Death Becomes Them"|
|#06||"Once in a Blue Moon"||#14||"Carpe Demon"||#22||"Something Wicca This Way Goes...?"|
|#07||"Someone to Witch Over Me"||#15||"Show Ghouls"|
|#08||"Charmed Noir"||#16||"The Seven Year Witch"|