The eighth season of Charmed aired from September 2005 to May 2006 and consists of 22 episodes. It was released on DVD in 2007 as a box-set including extras. It was re-released as part of a complete collection in 2008.
Get ready for the ultimate ride in supernatural entertainment! In Charmed: The Final Season, the magical Halliwell sisters Phoebe (Alyssa Milano), Piper (Holly Marie Combs) and Paige (Rose McGowan) face their biggest challenges in love, life and death as they try one last time to fulfill their destiny! Join them in their fight to protect Leo from the Angel of Death, and witness their devastating battle when demons conspire to take over the Underworld! Charmed: The Final Season's 6 discs deliver 22 episodes of nonstop thrills, suspense and a climactic finale! The Charmed Ones are ready. Are you?
- Holly Marie Combs as Piper Halliwell (22/22)
- Alyssa Milano as Phoebe Halliwell (22/22)
- Rose McGowan as Paige Matthews (22/22)
- Kaley Cuoco as Billie Jenkins (22/22)
- Brian Krause as Leo Wyatt (12/22)
- Ivan Sergei as Henry Mitchell (11/22)
- Jason & Kristopher Simmons as Young Wyatt (9/22)
- Marnette Patterson as Christy Jenkins (8/22)
- Victor Webster as Coop (7/22)
- Jason Lewis as Dex Lawson (6/22)
- Christina Ulloa as Jo Bennett (5/22)
- Monica Allgeier as Julie Bennett (4/22)
- Brandon Quinn as Agent Murphy (4/22)
- James Read as Victor Bennett (3/22)
- Béatrice Rosen as Jenny Bennett (3/22)
- Andrew McGinnis as Louis (3/22)
- Jennifer Rhodes as Penny Halliwell (2/22)
- Rebecca Balding as Elise Rothman (2/22)
- Wes Ramsey as Adult Wyatt (1/22)
- Drew Fuller as Adult Chris (1/22)
- Finola Hughes as Patty Halliwell (1/22)
Notes and Trivia
|The Season 8 article has a Photo Gallery.|
- The DVD box-set of this season was released on the eleventh of September 2007 in region 1 (The U.S., Canada) and for other regions in February, March, April and September 2007, it wasn't released in Japan. Unlike the previous seasons it does include bonus features.
- The Region 1 DVD's title is "The Final Season" instead of the regular "The Complete Eighth Season". The regular title was used for the Region 2 DVD's.
- Due to licensing issues with the normal opening theme, How Soon Is Now?, it was replaced with the New Instrumental Theme Music for the DVD release.
- The DVD box-set for region 2 is different than the box-set for region 1. Rose McGowan is lowered to the height of Alyssa Milano and Holly Marie Combs, Holly's shirt changes color from green to black, the color is black instead of yellow, and the scrying crystal is replaced with red crystal ball. It also says "The Complete Eighth Season" instead of "The Final Season".
- In the region 2 version of the "Charmed: The Complete Series" Book of Shadows set, season eight's color scheme is dark blue. This was released in Europe prior to the eighth season's individual release, so this may indicate that an early cover art idea for region 2's season 8 set was dark blue in color.
- The opening credits have changed slightly with mostly new clips for each main cast member and new clips at the end of the opening featuring the three main lead actresses and Kaley Cuoco.
- Kaley Cuoco is added in between Holly Marie Combs and Brian Krause in the opening credits, moving Krause back to the end of the credits. Brad Kern stated that the credit was initially going to be either "with Brian Krause" or "and Brian Krause", but since this would have raised the costs, the idea was scrapped. The last time Brian was the last cast member in the opening was during season 2, when he himself was added to the opening.
- The three main actresses, Alyssa Milano, Rose McGowan, and Holly Marie Combs, insisted that they would not wear any costumes or prosthetic make-up this season.
- The main three actresses, Alyssa Milano, Rose McGowan, and Holly Marie Combs, as well as Kaley Cuoco appeared in every episode of the season. Brian Krause did not appear in "Mr. & Mrs. Witch", "Payback's a Witch", "Repo Manor", "12 Angry Zen", "The Last Temptation of Christy", "Engaged and Confused", "Generation Hex", "The Torn Identity", "The Jung and the Restless" and "Gone with the Witches" because he was temporarily written out of the show due to budget cuts and the arrival of three new characters, Henry Mitchell, Christy Jenkins and Coop (which was forced onto the writers by the network).
- Both the season premiere and the season finale have the word 'Charmed' in the title.
- The sisters' powers each see some develop this season: Piper can easily deviate projectiles by exploding them and can freeze upper-level demons to some success, Phoebe starts receiving premonitions that make her think of her long-term future and Paige can now independently heal along with being able to access more Whitelighter powers such as Photokinesis and Hovering.
- Darryl Morris is absent this season after leaving for the East Coast at the end of the previous season. This makes season 8 the only season to not feature him.