|Charmed Season 5|
|Original channel||The WB|
|Original run|| September 22, 2002 – |
May 11, 2003
|Premiere||A Witch's Tail, Part 1|
|Finale|| Oh My Goddess!|
|Region 1||June 6, 2006|
|Region 2||March 6, 2006|
|Region 4||April 7, 2011|
| ← Previous|
| Next →|
The fifth season of Charmed began airing on September 22, 2002 on The WB. Airing on Sundays at 8 P.M., the season consisted of twenty-three episodes and concluded its airing on May 11, 2003.
Charmed: The Complete Fifth Season was released in a six-disc box set on June 6, 2006 and later in a complete collection on November 18, 2008.
Fall under their spell... The Charmed Ones, Phoebe (Alyssa Milano), Piper (Holly Marie Combs) and Paige (Rose McGowan), are simply bewitching and they're here to stay! This season is rich with intense adventure, humor and intrigue as these sizzling supernatural siblings battle the forces of evil.
From the very first Season Five episode, when the sisters rush to the aid of an innocent mermaid, The Charmed Ones invite you into their irresistible magical world of paranormal action, fantasy, and suspense. What else do the Halliwell sisters have in store for you? One of them meets an evil Prince Charming; they become mystical comic book super-heroines and gorgeous Greek Goddesses to save the world from wicked evil, and even join forces with a Leprechaun!
Escape into their magical world... The Charmed Ones welcome you!
Cast and characters
- Holly Marie Combs as Piper Halliwell
- Alyssa Milano as Phoebe Halliwell
- Rose McGowan as Paige Matthews
- Brian Krause as Leo Wyatt
- Julian McMahon as Cole Turner (From "A Witch's Tail (Part 1)" through to "Centennial Charmed", did not appear in "The Eyes Have It" and left the series after "Centennial Charmed")
- Dorian Gregory as Darryl Morris (Does not appear in "Happily Ever After", "Siren Song", "Witches in Tights", "The Eyes Have It", "Sympathy for the Demon", "A Witch In Time", "Sam, I Am", "House Call", "Sand Francisco Dreamin'", "The Day the Magic Died", "Baby's First Demon", "Lucky Charmed", "Cat House", "Nymphs Just Wanna Have Fun" and "Sense and Sense Ability")
- Jennifer Rhodes as Penny Halliwell
- Finola Hughes as Patty Halliwell
- James Read as Victor Bennett
- David Reivers as Bob Cowan
- Rebecca Balding as Elise Rothman
- Eric Dane as Jason Dean
Notes and Trivia
|The Season 5 article has a Photo Gallery.|
- The DVD box-set of this season was released on the sixth of June 2006 in region 1 (The U.S., Canada) and for all other regions in February, March or July 2006. It was not released in Japan and as with previous seasons it doesn't include any bonus features.
- The Region 1 and Region 2 DVD's have different cover art. Region 1 has a blue cover with three individual pictures of the sisters and the triquetra in the background whilst Region 2 has a group picture and a green, cloudy sky as the background. This is the only cover art where the artwork differs completely; both in color and cast photos, between regions.
- This season features both a two hour long season premiere as well as a two hour long season finale, a first in the series. Only the season premiere features the special, short opening.
- The opening credits have changed slightly with new clips for each main cast member and new clips at the end of the opening featuring the three main lead actresses.
- This is the first season to feature Eric Dane as Jason Dean.
- The main three actresses, Alyssa Milano, Rose McGowan and Holly Marie Combs, as well as Brian Krause appeared in every episode of the season. The rest of the male leads did not.
- Julian McMahon left the series after the series 100th episode, saying he had grown tired of the role and that Cole had "told his tale".
- Originally, Brad Kern planned for Paige and Cole to have an affair during this season. The story was intended to start with Paige casting the spell to open Phoebe's heart to Cole and Cole kissing her under the spell's influence. However, both Rose McGowan and Julian McMahon disliked the idea, causing Kern to scrap the idea altogether.
- The sisters' powers develop this season as followed: Piper further improves her ability with her exploding power, Phoebe experiences her first Astral Premonition and Paige learns how to Glamour.
|No in series||No in season||Title||Directed by||Written by||Original air date||Production code|
|89||1||"A Witch's Tail, Part 1"||James L. Conway||Daniel Cerone||September 22, 2002||4301090|
|The Charmed Ones struggle to help a beautiful mermaid from losing her immortality, but are hindered by morphing mishaps and a fiendish water demon Sea Hag.|
|90||2||"A Witch's Tail, Part 2"||Mel Damski||Monica Breen & Alison Schapker||September 22, 2002||4301090|
|Piper and Paige are lost when Phoebe takes off to live in the ocean as mermaid. Meanwhile, a skeletal demon Necron is furious after losing Mylie's immortal life force and now hunts for Phoebe's.|
|91||3||"Happily Ever After"||John T. Kretchmer||Curtis Kheel||September 29, 2002||4301091|
|When an evil witch traps The Charmed Ones in warped classic fairy tales, Phoebe as Cinderella meets evil Prince Charming (Sean Patrick Flanery), Paige eats a poisoned apple, and Piper goes head-on with a big bad wolf.|
|92||4||"Siren Song"||Joel J. Feigenbaum||Krista Vernoff||October 6, 2002||4301092|
|Piper and Paige try to save Phoebe's life from the scandalous Siren while Piper and Leo's personas are switched by their unborn child.|
|93||5||"Witches in Tights"||David Straiton||Mark Wilding||October 13, 2002||4301093|
|A fiensdish demon uses a young boy's magical drawings to transform into a super villain and, in order to stop the demon, the boy must transform The Charmed Ones into comic book super-heroines.|
|94||6||"The Eyes Have It"||James Marshall||Laurie Parres||October 20, 2002||4301094|
|Phoebe loses her powers of permonition and, as she struggles to retrieve them, she sees a terrifying vision of The Charmed Ones' death.|
|95||7||"Sympathy for the Demon"||Stuart Gillard||Henry Alonso Myers||November 3, 2002||4301095|
|The Demon of fear returns to seek vengeance on The Charmed Ones and the sisters become trapped in the manor battling their own fears.|
|96||8||"A Witch In Time"||John Behring||Daniel Cerone||November 10, 2002||4301096|
|Two of The Charmed Ones are killed and the remaining sister must reverse the chain of death when Phoebe inadvertently opens a time tunnel that provides a pathway for a warlock from the future.|
|97||9||"Sam, I Am"||Joel J. Feigenbaum||Alison Schapker & Monica Breen||November 17, 2002||4301097|
|Cole attacks The Charmed Ones as he realizes that he must eventually give in to evil destiny in the hope that the sisters will vanquish him and end his suffering.|
|98||10||"Y Tu Mummy Tambien"||Chris Long||Curtis Kheel||January 5, 2003||4301098|
|A lovelorn demon mummifies Phoebe in his quest to find the perfect body to hold the spirit of his dead lover.|
|99||11||"The Importance of Being Phoebe"||Derek Johansen||Krista Vernoff||January 12, 2003||4301099|
|After kidnapping Phoebe, Cole's scheming spells create mayhem for the remaining Charmed Ones as he tries to gain access to the powerful Nexus in the manor.|
|100||12||"Centennial Charmed"||James L. Conway||Brad Kern||January 19, 2003||4301100|
|Cole's twisted attempts to win Phoebe back destroy the Power of Three. The Charmed Ones must overcome the destruction he has caused and pull together to vanquish the desperate Cole.|
|101||13||"House Call"||Jon Paré||Henry Alonso Myers||February 2, 2003||4301101|
|The Charmed Ones become helplessly self-destructive when the Council of Witch Doctors brings voodoo dolls along on a house call.|
|102||14||"Sand Francisco Dreamin'"||John T. Kretchmer||Alison Schapker & Monica Breen||February 9, 2003||4301102|
|Terrifying nightmares come to life when a demon attacks the Charmed Ones with dream dust. The sister must magically re-enter their nightmares to unmask the symbolic meaning of their dreams.|
|103||15||"The Day the Magic Died"||Stuart Gillard||Daniel Cerone||February 16, 2003||4301103|
|At a summit meeting with the leaders of evil, Phoebe and Paige discover that all magic - both good and bad - has disappeared. Piper needs her sisters' help after she loses her soon-to-be-born baby to the leaders.|
|104||16||"Baby's First Demon"||John T. Kretchmer||Krista Vernoff||March 30, 2003||4301104|
|Demon kidnappers target Piper's baby for the demonic black market, but when their first attempt fails, the demons use Paige as a pawn to launch an attack on Leo and the baby.|
|105||17||"Lucky Charmed"||Roxann Dawson||Curtis Kheel||April 6, 2003||4301105|
|The Charmed Ones join forces with a Leprechaun to banish a deadly demon who is killing Leprechauns and stealing their magic. Good magic battles bad magic as the sisters try to reverse the Leprechauns' bad luck.|
|106||18||"Cat House"||James L. Conway||Brad Kern||April 13, 2003||4301106|
|Piper accidentally casts a spell that sends Phoebe and Paige back in time where, unbeknownst to the sisters, a wicked warlock tries to permanently alter their future by killing the Charmed Ones' cat.|
|107||19||"Nymphs Just Wanna Have Fun"||Mel Damski||Andrea Stevens & Doug E. Jones||April 20, 2003||4301107|
|Piper and Phoebe race against time to rescue Paige after she is transformed into a nymph and then captured by a demon who wants to rule the forest.|
|108||20||"Sense and Sense Ability"||Stewart Schill & Joel J. Feigenbaum||Brian Krause & Ed Bokinskie & Daniel Cerone & Krista Vernoff||April 27, 2003||4301108|
|An old crone who wants to kidnap Piper's baby weakens the Charmed Ones by stealing their senses. The blind, deaf, and mute sisters must overcome their handicaps to defeat her.|
|109||21||"Necromancing the Stone"||Jon Paré||Henry Alonso Myers & Alison Schapker & Monica Breen||May 4, 2003||4301109|
|Halliwell matriarchs who have been summoned to bless Piper's baby fall prey to the Necromancer demon who has returned from the Spirit Realm to absorb their magical powers.|
|110||22||"Oh My Goddess! Part 1"||Jonathan West||Krista Vernoff & Curtis Kheel||May 11, 2003||4301110|
|At the risk of being seduced by their vast new powers, the Charmed Ones are transformed into gorgeous Greek Goddesses possessing the ultimate power to defeat a band of angry Greek mythic gods, the Titans.|
|111||23||"Oh My Goddess! Part 2"||Joel J. Feigenbaum||Daniel Cerone||May 11, 2003||4301111|
|The Charmed Ones have become powerful Goddesses able to defeat the mighty Titans. Meanwhile Leo gets a promotion which leads to Piper taking off and leaving behind her sisters and son.|