|Charmed Season 2|
|Original channel||The WB|
|Original run||September 30, 1999 – May 18, 2000|
|Finale|| Be Careful What|
You Witch For
|Region 1||September 6, 2005|
|Region 2||August 1, 2005|
|Region 4||July 21, 2005|
| ← Previous|
| Next →|
Charmed: The Complete Second Season was released in a six-disc box set on September 6, 2005 and later in a complete collection on November 18, 2008.
The Halliwell sisters are back... and they've got "the Power of Three!" This season casts a spell of excitement, adventure and fun as Prue (Shannen Doherty), Piper (Holly Marie Combs), and Phoebe (Alyssa Milano) continue their journey as modern-day witches.
From the intense season opener, when the trio battles an old foe who attempts to render them powerless, to the suspense-filled, and at times very humorous season finale, these beautiful heroines will have you wishing for more. Their foes are stronger. Their powers are growing. And the supernatural has even more unique ways of disrupting their drama-filled personal lives just when they seem to get it together. Each exciting episode of this season continues to work the magic that made this critically acclaimed audience favorite a force to be reckoned with.
Cast and characters
- Shannen Doherty as Prue Halliwell
- Holly Marie Combs as Piper Halliwell
- Alyssa Milano as Phoebe Halliwell
- Greg Vaughan as Dan Gordon (Does not appear in "Morality Bites", "Give Me a Sign", "Astral Monkey" and "Apocalypse, Not")
- Dorian Gregory as Darryl Morris (Does not appear in "Morality Bites", "The Painted World", "That Old Black Magic", "They're Everywhere", "P3 H2O", "Heartbreak City", "Awakened", "Pardon My Past" and "How to Make a Quilt Out of Americans")
- Karis Paige Bryant as Jenny Gordon (From "Witch Trial" through to "That Old Black Magic", did not appear in "Morality Bites" and "She's a Man, Baby, a Man!")
- Brian Krause as Leo Wyatt (From "Pardon My Past" onwards; recurring previously, did not appear in "How to Make a Quilt Out of Americans)
- Jennifer Rhodes as Penny Halliwell
- Finola Hughes as Patty Halliwell
- Lochlyn Munro as Jack Sheridan
- Antonio Sabàto Jr. as Bane Jessup
- Billy Drago as Barbas
- Matthew Glave as Dr. Curtis Williamson
Notes and Trivia
|The Season 2 article has a Photo Gallery.|
- This season introduces two new main characters to the series: Dan and Jenny Gordon, portrayed by Greg Vaughan and Karis Paige Bryant respectively. Bryant left the series after "That Old Black Magic" due to her character not being popular amongst fans, who considered Jenny more annoying. Although her character was only in 4 episodes of the season she was still credited as a main character in those episodes.
- From "Pardon My Past" on, Brian Krause, who portrays Leo Wyatt in the series, joins the main cast. He is included in the opening credits after Greg Vaughan and Dorian Gregory.
- The DVD box-set of this season was released on the September 6, 2005 in region 1 (The U.S., Canada), however it was released in June, July and August in other regions. It also does not include any bonus features as with the previous season.
- The sisters' powers start to grow as Phoebe learns how to command premonitions as well as see visions of the present, Piper learns how to selectively freeze objects, and Prue gains more control over her telekinetic power, while also gaining a new power, Astral Projection. The sisters also learn how to write their own spells and create their own potions.
- Darryl Morris becomes a more prominent character after the death of Andy Trudeau as he begins to learn about the sisters' secret lives and helps them out in certain situations.
- The main three actresses, Holly Marie Combs, Shannen Doherty, and Alyssa Milano appeared in every episode of the season. The male leads and Karis Paige Bryant did not.
- This is the only season not to feature Energy Balls.
- This is the only season not to feature Victor Bennett.
|No in series||No in season||Title||Directed by||Written by||Original air date||Production code|
|23||1||"Witch Trial"||Craig Zisk||Brad Kern||September 30, 1999||4399022|
|When a demon steals the Book of Shadows, the Halliwell sisters have just one chance to recapture it or they will lose their powers forever.|
|24||2||"Morality Bites"||John Behring||Chris Levinson & Zack Estrin||October 7, 1999||4399025|
|Phoebe has a horrifying premonition of her own execution, so the sisters cast a one-time spell that catapults them into the future to try to change her fate.|
|25||3||"The Painted World"||Kevin Inch||Constance M. Burge||October 14, 1999||4399023|
|Two of the sisters are trapped in a painting by a warlock who plans to torch it and destroy them, unless Phoebe can reverse their impending doom.|
|26||4||"The Devil's Music"||Richard Compton||David Simkins||October 21, 1999||4399024|
|Leo returns to help the sisters save their young neighbor when the manager of a band scheduled to play on Piper's nightclub makes a demonic deal.|
|27||5||"She's a Man, Baby, a Man!"||Martha Mitchell||Javier Grillo-Marxuach||November 4, 1999||4399026|
|When Prue casts a spell to catch a demon who kills only men, she turns into a guy who is rendered powerless when the demon's fatal charms zero in on her/him.|
|28||6||"That Old Black Magic"||James L. Conway||Valerie Mayhew & Vivian Mayhew||November 11, 1999||4399027|
|An evil witch hunts for her magic sceptre, which Prue has found, while Leo, Piper and Phoebe must locate the Chosen One to keep the powerful sceptre out of evil's hands.|
|29||7||"They're Everywhere"||Mel Damski||Sheryl J. Anderson||November 18, 1999||4399028|
|The Charmed Ones must save a young man from brain zapping Warlocks who are after the power he has collected from ancient tablets.|
|30||8||"P3 H2O"||John Behring||Chris Levinson & Zack Estrin||December 9, 1999||4399029|
|Prue must face her greatest fear in order to destroy a watery demon when the sisters revisit the place where their mother mysteriously drowned. In the process they meet a mysterious stranger from their mother's past.|
|31||9||"Ms. Hellfire"||Craig Zisk||Sheryl J. Anderson & Constance M. Burge||January 13, 2000||4399030|
|Prue assumes the identity of a mysterious assassin, while Piper and Phoebe race against time to protect the next intended victim.|
|32||10||"Heartbreak City"||Michael Zinberg||David Simkins||January 20, 2000||4399031|
|A Demon of Hate steals Cupid's powerful love ring and set out to destroy all his recent love matches, including the relationships of the Charmed Ones.|
|33||11||"Reckless Abandon"||Craig Zisk||Javier Grillo-Marxuach||January 27, 2000||4399032|
|Phoebe brings home an abandoned baby boy so the Charmed Ones can protect him from a vengeful ghost who has been killing off the men in his family.|
|34||12||"Awakened"||Anson Williams||Valerie Mayhew & Vivian Mayhew||February 3, 2000||4399033|
|Prue and Phoebe ignore the code preventing witches from using spells for personal gain when Piper comes down with a mysterious life-threathing illness.|
|35||13||"Animal Pragmatism"||Don Kurt||Chris Levinson & Zack Estrin||February 10, 2000||4399034|
|When Phoebe's friends use a book of spells to turn animals into men, her attempt to reverse the spell goes horribly wrong.|
|36||14||"Pardon My Past"||Jon Paré||Michael Gleason||February 17, 2000||4399035|
|Phoebe risks her life by travelling back in time in order to reverse the past in which she was seduced by an immortal warlock to give in to the dark side of her power.|
|37||15||"Give Me a Sign"||James A. Contner||Sheryl J. Anderson||February 24, 2000||4399036|
|When criminal mastermind Bane Jessup (Antonio Sabato, Jr.) narrowly escapes an attack by a powerful demon, he kidnaps Prue and forces her to use her powers to save him.|
|38||16||"Murphy's Luck"||John Behring||David Simkins||March 30, 2000||4399037|
|When Prue rescues a woman who has been driven to attempt suicide by a Darklighter, she finds herself his next tormented victim.|
|39||17||"How to Make a Quilt Out of Americans"||Kevin Inch||Javier Grillo-Marxuach & Robert Masello||April 6, 2000||4399038|
|The sisters are asked by a family friend to stop a demon who steals skin from corpses, and soon learn that the woman is actually trading their powers for eternal youth and beauty.|
|40||18||"Chick Flick"||Michael Schultz||Zack Estrin & Chris Levinson||April 20, 2000||4399039|
|The Halliwell sisters battle a demon who is bringing horror film characters to life and has called upon a knife-wielding corpse to kill them.|
|41||19||"Ex Libris"||Joel J. Feigenbaum||Peter Chomsky & Brad Kern||April 27, 2000||4399040|
|Phoebe tries to help the ghost of a former student who was killed by a demon wanting to stop the publication of the student's thesis proving the existence of evil.|
|42||20||"Astral Monkey"||Craig Zisk||David Simkins & Constance M. Burge||May 4, 2000||4399041|
|A doctor accidentally acquires the powers of all three Halliwell sisters during a blood transfusion and begins using them to harvest organs from innocent victims.|
|43||21||"Apocalypse, Not"||Michael Zinberg||Sanford Golden & Sheryl J. Anderson||May 11, 2000||4399042|
|Piper, Phoebe and Leo must rescue Prue, who has become trapped in a vortex with one of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse.|
|44||22||"Be Careful What You Witch For"||Shannen Doherty||Chris Levinson, Zack Estrin & Brad Kern||May 18, 2000||4399043|
|Prue is killed and Piper and Phoebe are powerless to reverse the deadly damage when a fast-talking genie working for a Dragon Warlock grants each of the sisters a wish.|