|Run, Piper, Run|
|Season 8, episode 3|
|Piper is caught by the police.|
October 09, 2005
|For a complete plot of Run, Piper, Run, go here.|
Piper's alias looks like Maya Holmes, a model who is sought for killing her lover. Piper gets caught instead, and is put in jail. In prison, Piper meets Walter Nance, Maya's ex and an ADA. She discovers Walter is the real killer, and when Paige switches Piper with the real Maya, the sisters try to let Walter confess the crime by preying on his biggest fear.
- Alyssa Milano as Phoebe Halliwell
- Rose McGowan as Paige Matthews
- Holly Marie Combs as Piper Halliwell
- Kaley Cuoco as Billie Jenkins
- Brian Krause as Leo Wyatt
- Béatrice Rosen as Maya Holmes and Jenny Bennett
- Davis Gaines as Walter Nance
- Jennifer Taylor as Eve
- Charles Emmett as Harper Jennings
- Ken Garito as Walter Nance's Aide
- Jason Lewis as Dex Lawson
- Robert Mammana as Inspector Parker
- Ramona Gaddis as Kate
- Yvette Tucker as Lois
- Tina Morasco as Vivian
- Monica Allgeier as Julie Bennett
- Christina Ulloa as Jo Bennett
- Joshua Lopez as Tommy
- Stefan Marks as Seth Perra
- Harry Dillon as Gregg
- Gayla Goehl as Female Cop
- Scott Michael Morgan as Security Tech
- Johnny Holiday as Old Walter Nance
- Katie Rowe as Jax
Book of ShadowsEdit
- Also known as Barbas, appears on earth once every 1300 years on a Friday the 13th for twenty four hours.
- His appearance is attributed to the universal convergence of negative energies as derived from astrological charts.
- He derives his life force by feeding off the fears of witches. If he
- can kill 13 unmarried female witches before the stroke of midnight on the 13th he will be able to break free from his eternal bonds and walk the earth for eternity. A witch's only defense is to identify and then release her greatest fears. Do not rely on your wicca powers for defense, for in the face of your greatest fear, those powers are paralyzed.
Ex Libris EntryEdit
Billie read an entry, written by the sisters, which talks about the events from Ex Libris. It says that they used a ghost to scare someone into confessing a murder.
- The sisters and Billie cast a spell (offscreen) to show Nance's biggest fear; him aging.
- Paige makes a Scrying Potion, including the photo of Maya Holmes from 415 magazine.
- Premonition: Phoebe has a premonition of Dex's art show being ruined by an earthquake.
- Orbing: Type of Teleportation used by Paige.
- Telekinetic orbing: Used by Paige to orb a lamp against Maya's head and to orb a matras under Maya.
- Molecular Immobilization: Used by Piper to freeze her cell-mate, Carl, Maya and Walter Nance.
- Remote Orbing: Used by Paige to orb Piper out of jail and to orb Maya into jail.
- Glamouring: Used by Billie, Paige and Phoebe to glamour into Maya. Also, presumably used to make Walter Nance see his reflection as an elderly man.
- Telekinesis: Used by Billie to fling Walter Nance through his apartment.
- The Book of Shadows - The Halliwell Family's magical tome. In addition to spells and potion recipes, The Book of Shadows contains information on warlocks, demons, and other supernatural beings. It was created by their ancestor, Melinda Warren, and was passed down every generation.
- Maya Holmes - A model. She left Walter Nance for a photographer who is younger. She was sought for killing the photographer, but Walter Nance was the real killer. After Piper (as Maya) said she had evidance that he was the killer, Walter tried to kill Maya but she was saved by the Charmed Ones.
- Walter Nance - An ADA. He killed Maya's new boyfriend and after he thought she had evidance that he did it, he tried to kill her but she survived, thanks to the Charmed Ones. He was afraid of aging, and the Charmed Ones used it to force him to confess he was the real murderer.
Notes and TriviaEdit
- This is the second and last episode with "Piper" in the title. The other episode is "Coyote Piper". There is also one comic with the title: Piper's Place.
- Phoebe mentions that Darryl is on the East Coast now. Dorian Gregory left the show because The WB cut the budget for this season. However the storyline of his character was closed in "Something Wicca This Way Goes...?".
- Piper only uses her Molecular Immobilization power this episode.
- Paige finds the photo of Maya Holmes in 415 Magazine, which is where Prue used to work.
- This is the last time one of the sisters goes to jail. They have all been in jail at least once. Piper is in jail for the fourth time this episode.
- Billie takes inspiration from Barbas' powers to defeat Nance.
- It is revealed that the sisters write down some of their experiences in The Book of Shadows.
- A new page for the Demon of Fear is revealed, though the text remains the same.
- The sisters and Billie talk about the events of "Ex Libris", when a ghost, Charlene Hughes, helped them to make a pawn shop owner confess a crime.
- This is one of the few episodes where there is no threat from a supernatural evil. The other times were in "Dream Sorcerer," "Secrets and Guys," "Morality Bites," "Awakened," and "Just Harried".
- This is the second time that we see an earthquake on the show. The first time was in "Is There a Woogy in the House?".
- Piper appears to break the fourth wall at the beginning of this episode when she asks Leo: "Who writes your stuff?"
- Billie questions how dumb demons must be if they cannot figure out the sisters are alive, considering three women moved into the manor.
- When Piper hits her frozen cellmate, cancelling the freeze, the sound effect isn't heard.
References to other movies, books, mythology etc.Edit
- The title is probably a reference to the movie "Run, Lola, Run" , the famous phrase "Run, Forrest, run" from the movie "Forest Gump" or the song titles "Run, Joey, Run" & "Run, Rabbit, Run, Rabbit, Run, Run, Run".
- Piper, Paige and Leo talk about "All About Eve", one of them says it's a movie.
Behind the ScenesEdit
- French: Au-delà des apparences (Beyond Appearances)
- Slovak: Piper beží o život (Piper Runs for Her Life)
- Russian: Begi, Piper, begi! (Run, Piper, Run!)
- Spanish (Spain and Latin America): Corre, Piper, corre (Run, Piper, Run)
- Czech: Piper na útěku (Piper On The Run)
- Italian: Corri, Piper, corri! (Run, Piper, Run!)
- German: Lauf Piper, lauf (Run Piper, Run)
- Serbian: Beži Pajper, beži (Run Piper, Run)
Malice in Wonderland
|Episodes: Season 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8|