|Season 8, Episode 3|
|Piper is caught by the police.|
|Air date||October 09, 2005|
|Written by||Cameron Litvack|
|Directed by||Derek Johansen|
|Jason Lewis||Dex Lawson|
|Béatrice Rosen||Maya Holmes and Jenny Bennett|
|Davis Gaines||Walter Nance|
|Johnny Holiday||Old Walter Nance|
|Stefan Marks||Seth Perra|
|Jennifer Bini Taylor||Eve|
|Christina Ulloa||Jo Bennett|
|Monica Allgeier||Julie Bennett|
|Ken Garito||Walter Nance's Aid|
|Charles Emmett||Harper Jennings|
|Scott Michael Morgan||Security Tech|
|Robert Mammana||Inspector Parker|
|Gayla Goehl||Female Cop|
Malice in Wonderland
|For a complete plot of Run, Piper, Run, go here.|
Piper's alias looks like Maya Holmes, a model who is sought for killing her lover. Piper gets caught instead, and is put in jail. In prison, Piper meets Walter Nance, Maya's ex and an ADA. She discovers Walter is the real killer, and when Paige switches Piper with the real Maya, the sisters try to let Walter confess the crime by preying on his biggest fear.
CharactersEditCharacters in bold appear for the first time in the series.
Book of ShadowsEdit
- Also known as Barbas, appears on earth once every 1300 years on a Friday the 13th for twenty four hours.
- His appearance is attributed to the universal convergence of negative energies as derived from astrological charts.
- He derives his life force by feeding off the fears of witches. If he
- can kill 13 unmarried female witches before the stroke of midnight on the 13th he will be able to break free from his eternal bonds and walk the earth for eternity. A witch's only defense is to identify and then release her greatest fears. Do not rely on your wicca powers for defense, for in the face of your greatest fear, those powers are paralyzed.
Ex Libris EntryEdit
Billie read an entry, written by the sisters, which talks about the events from Ex Libris. It says that they used a ghost to scare someone into confessing a murder.
- The sisters and Billie cast a spell (offscreen) to show Nance's biggest fear; him aging.
- Paige makes a Scrying Potion, including the photo of Maya Holmes in 415 magazine.
- Premonition: Phoebe has a premonition of Dex's artshow being ruined by an earthquake.
- Orbing: Type of Teleportation used by Paige.
- Telekinetic Orbing: Used by Paige to orb a lamp against Maya's head and to orb a matras under Maya.
- Molecular Immobilization: Used by Piper to freeze her cell-mate, Carl, Maya and Walter Nance.
- Remote Orbing: Used by Paige to orb Piper out of jail and to orb Maya in jail.
- Glamouring: Used by Billie, Paige and Phoebe to glamour into Maya.
- Telekinesis: Used by Billie to fling Walter Nance through his apartment.
- Book of Shadows - The Halliwell Family's magical tome. In addition to spells and potion recipes, the Book of Shadows contains information on warlocks, demons, and other supernatural beings. It was created by their ancestor, Melinda Warren, and was passed down every generation.
- Maya Holmes - A model. She left Walter Nance for a younger photographer. She was sought for killing the photographer, but Walter Nance was the real killer. After Piper (as Maya) said she had evidance that he was the killer, Walter tried to kill Maya but she was saved by the Charmed Ones.
- Walter Nance - An ADA. He killed Maya's new boyfriend and after he thought she had evidance he did it, he tried to kill her but she survived, thanks to the Charmed Ones. He was afraid of aging, and the Charmed Ones used it to force him to confess he was the real murderer.
Notes and TriviaEdit
- This is the second and last episode with "Piper" in the title. The other episode is Coyote Piper in Season 3. There is also one comic with the title: Piper's Place.
- Phoebe mentions that Darryl is on the East Coast now. Dorian Gregory left the show because The WB cut the budget for this season. However the storyline of his character was closed in Something Wicca This Way Goes?.
- Piper only uses her Molecular Immobilization power this episode.
- Paige finds the photo of Maya Holmes in 415 Magazine, which is where Prue used to work.
- This is the last time one of the sisters goes to jail. They have all been in jail at least once. Piper is in jail for the fourth time this episode.
- Billie takes inspiration from Barbas' powers to defeat Nance.
- It is revealed that the sisters write down some of their experiences in the Book of Shadows.
- A new page for the Demon of Fear is revealed, though the text remains the same.
- The sisters and Billie talk about the events of "Ex Libris", when a ghost, Charlene, helped them to make a pawn shop owner confess a crime.
- This is one of the few episodes where there is no threat from a supernatural evil. The other times were in "Dream Sorcerer," "Secrets and Guys," "Morality Bites," "Awakened," and "Just Harried".
- This is the second time that we see an earthquake on the show. The first time was in "Is There a Woogy in the House?".
- When Phoebe and Paige meet Piper in prison, Paige makes a remark about the colour of Piper's prison clothes saying "Oh, honey, orange is so not your colour." She is obviously referring to the colour of Holly's tapeball.
- Piper appears to break the fourth wall at the beginning of this episode when she asks Leo: "Who writes your stuff?"
References to other movies, books, mythology, etc.Edit
- The title is probably a reference to the movie "Run, Lola, Run" , the famous phrase "Run, Forrest, run" from the movie "Forest Gump" or the the song title "Run, Joey, run".
- Piper, Paige and Leo talk about the movie "All About Eve".
- French: Au-delà des apparences
- Slovak: Piper beží o život (Piper Runs for her Life)
- Russian: Begi, Piper, begi! (Run, Piper, Run)
- Spanish (Spain and Latin America): Corre, Piper, Corre
- Czech: Piper na útěku (Piper On The Run)
- German: Lauf, Piper, lauf (Run, Piper, Run)
- Serbian: Beži Pajper, beži (Run, Piper, Run)
Behind the ScenesEdit
Malice in Wonderland
|Episodes: Season 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10|