- "A lot has happened to me in the past year and a half. I've seen… I've seen things I never imagined existed and it's changed me. It's made me wanna make changes."
- —Prue reflecting on her life.[src]
Prudence "Prue" Halliwell was the oldest Charmed One, and had always been regarded as the bravest and most powerful of the four sisters, to the extent that she was granted the nicknames "Super Witch" and "Wicca Wonder".
Her Wiccan powers were focused on mind and movement: the ability to move objects with her mind, and the ability to project herself in an astral form. Besides this, Prue possessed the basic powers of a witch: the ability to cast spells, brew potions and scry for lost objects or people. She could also access The Power of Three, the collective power of the Charmed Ones.
Prue worked as a successful photo journalist at 415 Magazine, a career she wanted to pursue since her youth, but had given up until being introduced to the world of magic made her realize that her dreams were worth fighting for.
Despite her formidable powers and sharp intellect, Prue was tragically murdered on May 17th, 2001, in her own home by the Source of All Evil's personal assassin, Shax, which temporarily severed The Power of Three altogether.
For years, her sisters thought that she was living happily in the afterlife with their mother and grandmother, though they were eventually told that Prue had been reincarnated. However, Prue had actually disappeared and Patty gave Cole Turner the task of finding her. Cole eventually discovered that Prue had inhabited the body of a comatose witch, and taken the identity of Patience. As Patience, Prue lived in Salem, Massachusetts and runs "Salem Witch House", a tourist attraction.
Though Prue initially chose to keep her distance from her sisters out of fear of the cataclysmic consequences, she eventually decided to return to San Francisco when her youngest sister, Paige Matthews, arrived in search of a candidate for Magic School who worked at "Salem Witch House", and was happily reunited with Piper and Phoebe.
Ultimately, after vanquishing the Darklighter Rennek and absorbing the Empyreal Sword and the Grimoire into herself, she became the caretaker of the connection between Earth to the Upper Regions and to the Underworld.
|This article discusses the most significant events in the life of Prue Halliwell. For a complete version go here.|
On March 24th, 1975, she was visited by a future version of herself, alongside a future version of her younger sister Piper, and a future version of her unborn sister, Phoebe Halliwell. After Phoebe was born, their grandmother, Penny, bound their powers in order to prevent the warlock Nicholas from killing them and possessing their powers after he was given immunity from them by Patty against her will. Penny also erased her and Piper's memory of even being witches and having powers. 
Three years later, Prue witnessed her mother's corpse get taken away after the Water Demon killed her. This transpired to be a crushing sadness for her to bear, causing a dramatic influence on her psyche: from that day on, she was not able to say "I love you" to anyone, as it was the last thing she ever said to her mother.
She formally had a good relationship with her father, Victor. However, continuous heated arguments between her father and maternal grandmother resulted in him leaving the family, which also caused Prue to resent him bitterly.
Not long after Prue's mother, Patty died, and Victor was still living in the manor, Prue heard the devil's chord, which is a mixture of notes used to attract and capture demonic children. She then saw a demonic child get pulled into the ice cream van and went to try to save him, but got subsequently pulled into the truck, trying to save the "child" and suddenly found herself in the playground where the Nothing resided. A frightened Victor went to check on Prue and noticed she's not in her bed anymore, he ran outside and saw a van, thus, making him think something bad had happened. He opened the door and found himself in the playground as well. He was able to find Prue and return her safely back. However, Grams wasn't too happy about it when she found out. 
From a very young age, especially after their mother's death and later their father's abandonment, Prue had to look after her younger sisters, to the extent of sacrificing a majority of her childhood to help raise them. Piper even stated that she and Phoebe were lucky and had an easy life because Prue was so responsible, while Phoebe confessed that Prue took her surrogate-maternal duties so well yet so seriously that she always felt Prue was a strict mother to her than an older sister.
Despite her serious nature and her myriad of responsibilities, during her high school years, Prue was a very popular student. She was the president of the student council and the head cheerleader in her squad. She had an on and off relationship with her and her sisters' childhood friend Andy Trudeau. The relationship would then pick up again in their late twenties. At the age of seventeen, the boy Prue thought she was in love with attacked her incurring the wrath of an indignant Grams. According to Piper, Grams presumably used witchcraft to deal with him as the boy was never seen again afterwards. 3 years later, herself, as well as Phoebe, were in a car accident, resulting in Phoebe getting hospitalized, Prue then blamed herself for hurting her. Grams tried her best to keep them together so they would be able to fulfill their destiny of being the Charmed Ones.  However, because Prue and Phoebe could never get along, she believed that they would never mature enough to handle their powers once they're back. Right before Prue's wedding to Roger, Grams went into cardiac arrest and died.
Destiny as a Charmed One
She first learned of their legacy from Phoebe and, despite her initial skepticism, was forced to accept it as truth when she unintentionally used telematerialization to fill her cup of coffee with cream. While Prue was reluctant to the idea of being a witch, and a most powerful one at that, she learned to embrace it, especially after Phoebe forced her to acknowledge her suppressed anger at Roger and their father, which also led the sisters to realize the trigger to her primary power of telekinesis: the emotion of anger. 
Despite her attempts to keep a life outside of magic, Prue's witchcraft responsibilities frequently ruin her efforts, especially when it came to her relationship with Andy; her high school flame who works on the supernatural phenomenon cases at the San Francisco Police Department. Although they were genuinely in love with each other, the relationship ended when she realized his true feelings about her being a witch. Andy later also sacrificed himself to ensure that Prue and her sisters could carry on doing the good work that they were destined to do. His death was such a crushing emotional blow to Prue that she had even contemplated giving up her magic to a demon, but Piper and Phoebe managed to help her move on from his death, convincing her that he had died a hero's death and that it was not her fault that he was gone forever.
However, Andy's death still had a considerable impact on Prue for the rest of her life, given that she did not have any serious relationships after him, and she herself had once confessed that she had not felt true love since he died.
Over the next two years, she learns to thoroughly embrace her destiny as a Charmed One, and overall became the strongest, bravest, and most dedicated out of the four sisters (even later when compared to Paige, who initially felt that her oldest half-sister's memory was a constant competitor). However, her own fight to protect the Greater Good and her family essentially gets her killed.
Reuniting with Andy Trudeau
In 1998, after Prue first received her powers she reunited with her high-school flame, Andy Trudeau. They unintentionally met at the San Francisco Memorial Hospital because Andy was there on the murder of Serena Fredrick while Prue was there became her youngest sister, Phoebe get in an accident after getting her first Premonition. Andy offers to buy her a cup of Coffee and admits to checking up on her over years, knowing about her engagement to Roger. Over the next few months, Prue and Andy continue to date, however they additionally deal with some major roadblocks. In 1999, Prue cast the Truth Spell on him in order to find out what he really thinks of her being a witch and much to her chagrin, he's not able to come to terms with it and ultimately Prue was forced to break up with him even though he forgets the effects of the spell after 24 hours.  They remained friends but Andy's suspicions towards Prue and her secret makes both of them grow further apart from each other. 
In the end, Andy follows Prue down to a storm drain where the grimlocks had kidnapped two boys in order to steal there eye sight to see the auras that surround good mortals. Andy comes face to face with one of them, and Prue flings a pole at it, saving him however finally revealing her secret to him. Andy becomes more visible in the sisters' lives again and helps them cover up their own tracks. When forced to choose between his job as a Police Officer or to save Prue, he picks Prue and quits his dream job to protect her and her sisters. 
Saying Goodbye to Andy
- "You need to go back. You need to keep the time loop from being reset again or you and your sisters will be killed. And I will have died in vein"
- —Andy letting Prue go[src]
In 1999, her ex-boyfriend and best friend, Andy Trudeau died after being hit by an Energy Ball by the demon, Rodriguez. The force of the attack killed him instantly. Moments before Andy's death, Prue was knocked out when Piper pushed her out of the way of an incoming Energy Ball. She loses conciseness and finds herself in the Ghostly Plane, with Andy by her side. Andy explains to her that his death was one they couldn't stop and had to accept his death. Prue didn't want him to leave her but Andy knew Prue would be all right. They say their goodbyes and he kisses Prue for the last time. Andy then fades out and Prue watches on and cries.
Blaming herself for Andy's Death
- "Andy died because of me, it doesn’t matter what he said, it was my fault. How could it be good to be witches if all it does is get the people we love killed?"
- —Prue blaming herself for Andy's death[src]
A month later, it's the sisters one year anniversary of being witches. They face off with the demon, Abraxas, who steals the Book of Shadows. Prue couldn't face another demon, as Abraxas was the first one since Andy's death. Prue wants to give up her powers once and for all and just allow the demon to keep the Book. She then seeks solace in Darryl, Andy's partner at the police department. Darryl told Prue that he wanted him to give her a message from him. That morning, after he saw her, Andy told him to tell her that if anything were to happen to him, that it wouldn't be her fault. He didn’t want her to blame herself.
She and her sisters then tried to go up against Abraxas again, but Prue was unable to channel her powers and get the Book. She then shared her feeling that she was to blame for Andy's death. Piper and Phoebe comforted her and afterwards, she was able to go up against Abraxas with her sisters and reclaim the Book of Shadows.
Working at Buckland Auction House
- "Of course I'm you know, totally wrong for it anyway, stuffy old auction house. I don't even know why they called"
- —Prue describing the Auction House[src]
Originally, Prue worked at the Museum of Natural History. She had worked there since college and met her ex-fiancee there, Roger. Prue breaks off the engagement because Roger kept coming onto her youngest sister, Phoebe Halliwell, and eventually quit. After a week of being jobless, she receives a call from Buckland Auction House, insisting she comes for an interview there. Although unknown to her, she was actually getting set up by two warlocks, Rex Buckland and Hannah Webster who wanted her, as well as her sisters' powers.  Over the period of working at the Auction House, Rex and Hannah tried countless times to reveal Prue's identity and kill her. Finally, they devised a plan to frame Prue for stealing a tiara and leave the Power of Three in need of help. Rex got as far as sending Prue to jail and capturing her and her sisters' active powers. Although, unknown to the sisters, their handyman was actually their Whitelighter and he was able to heal the book, thus restoring their powers in time enough for them to defeat both Rex and Hannah before they are sent back to the Underworld by an unseen force. 
Prue continued to work there for the next year. When she and her sisters traveled ten years into the future she discovered that she was a blonde, cold hearted tyrant and owned the Buckland Auction House, as well as its other offices in other countries. However, she decided to quit once and for all because of her dishonest boss and boyfriend who wanted to sell a false painting, trying to disguise it as the real one. Her decision to quit, also helped her find out that her life is worth exploring. She broke off the relationship with Jack and walked out of the building for the last time. 
Fulfilling Her Professional Destiny
After Piper nearly died due to Oroya Fever, Prue decides to quit her job at Buckland Auction House, and attempts to lead a free life. However, she soon finds out that being unemployed is not something she would like to continue doing and sets out to be a Photo Journalist, something she has always aspired to be. Prue became even more determined when she found out that in her past life, she was a successful photographer. She orders numerous camera equipment for her job interview at 415 Magazine. . Although, her reputation and her chance of receiving the job were almost shattered when a Darklighter known as a spirit killer, sets his sights on Prue after she helped a victim of his. The Spirit Killer nearly makes Prue commit suicide after her very first assignment from the magazine, recalling a time in her 20's when she was once suicidal due to the pressures in her life. The Spirit Killer toyed with her emotions and used his powers to ruin the photo and made it come out pixelated. However, in the end she was able to overcome him and fight him off long enough for Leo to orb him someplace else. She then was able to take another photo of Maggie, and finally became a professional Photo Journalist. Over the next year of working at 415, she became one of the top photographers at the magazine.
Dedication to the Craft
- Prue: "How do you know we didn't catch a demon? I mean, think about it, Phoebe. He is always around when something is going on. I mean, look at tonight"
- Phoebe: "You're right, he's a plant. Trying to get close to me so he can kill us. Now is everyone a demon, Prue? You are crazy right now"
- — Phoebe talking to a demon obsessed Prue.[src]
After finding out that the Triad was behind the constant warlock and demon attacks on them, Prue becomes more determined in her Wiccan duties and takes on the proper role of the oldest and most powerful Charmed One. She became increasingly confident and aggressive, and devoted more time to studying witchcraft, leading her to create the crystal cage to trap demons: an immensely useful device which was continually and consistently used by her sisters for years even after her untimely death. However, serious problems surfaced in the sense that she also grew to harbor a dark obsession towards vanquishing demons, to the extent where she nearly killed Phoebe's new found boyfriend, Cole Turner, who actually in the end turns out to be the infamous demon, Belthazor. Additionally, Prue is too blinded by her obsession with demon hunting to see that the mortal woman Abbey was stalking her and plotting to kill her in order to take her life.
Another factor would be that she came to suppress her desires in an unhealthy way. Ultimately, she snapped on the day of Piper and Leo's Wedding. About a week before the wedding, Prue started having recurring dreams of going out to a nearby bar and flirting with a bad boy named T.J. What Prue didn't know was that her astral form was being used by her repressed emotions to get away from her responsibilities. After a murder outside the bar was blamed on Prue, the police started to look for her. At Piper and Leo's wedding, T.J. crashed the ceremony on a motorcycle to rescue her just before the police came. Prue's inner desires got the better of her and projected out of Prue's body and rode out on T.J.'s bike.
Phoebe eventually talked Astral Prue into getting herself together and Darryl, Leo, and Cole found the real killer.  After this experience, she learned how to organize her life better. At one instance, she was able to schedule a photo shoot in the afternoon, go on a date in the evening, and then hunt demons in the morning.
- "This whole year has just been a series of tests, right? To see what we're made of. Well, maybe this is one more test"
- —Prue trying to stay positive and take charge of the situation after they were exposed[src]
Shax attempts to attack Dr. Griffiths, but Prue gets up just in time to take his attack, and crashes through the conservatory walls. A distraught Piper attempts to save her sister, but Shax fires at her and she crashes next to Prue leaving both unconscious. He turns to Dr. Griffiths and starts to fire at him, but Phoebe runs down the stairs, says the spell, and Shax turns into the wind. Phoebe leans over Prue and Piper's nearly lifeless bodies and calls out to Leo. Leo orbs down and he heals both of them.
Piper and Prue chase Shax down the street. Shax attacks Prue but she sends it back at him. Piper attempts to blow him up but it only wounds him and he turns back into the wind, once again. Although, unknown to both of them, a reporter from KCSF Channel 8 was able to film the whole attack, live. Darryl Morris starts bringing in numerous parolee's when one of his co-workers, says that the rumors of him and the Halliwell sisters may be true and points to the TV. Back at the Manor Darryl calls the sisters and tells them to turn on a TV. They watch themselves vanquish Shax on live television, and both angrily call down Leo. However, the Elders don't want to get involved in case Whitelighters get exposed as well. Although, they have an idea; they want them to contact Tempus, the Devil's sorcerer that the sisters' defeated, since he's the only one on either side that has the power to manipulate time. Leo then orbs down to the underworld, where Phoebe and Cole are waiting.Meanwhile, back at the Manor, Piper and Prue are making sure no one else can get into the Manor. They walk into the next room, when they suddenly hear a loud bang. Prue looks down to Piper's stomach, where she can see her blood stained hands. A witch practitioner, Alice Hicks shot Piper due to them not letting her into their "coven." A distraught Prue calls out to Leo, but gets no answer since he is in the underworld. She carries Piper's slowly dying body outside and carefully seats her in the car. She attempts to drive out of the driveway but the crowd of people refuses to get out of her way. Without any way to get out, she uses her power to fling the innocents out of the way; making room to get Piper to the hospital. Once there, they are met by Dr. Griffiths who takes Piper into the emergency room. They attempt to save her, however, it fails and Piper's last words to Prue were "I love you" before she dies. Prue cries as she stands there holding Piper's hand. In the Underworld, Cole has made a deal with the Source so that he'll get Tempus to reset time if Phoebe stays down there with him. She agrees and the time change starts to get effect, right before Prue is shot at by SWAT with wall-penetrating rounds.
Time is reversed back to Prue and Piper taking Dr. Griffiths at the Manor. Shax whirls in once again and attacks Prue, blasting her through a wall. Piper runs after her sister, and gets severely wounded. He then fires at Bo, throwing him at the window. He smiles as he has completed his task. Unfortunately, because Phoebe was stuck in the Underworld, she couldn't say the spell to temporarily defeat Shax as she had done before. Shax then whirls out of the manor, slamming the Manor doors and shattering the glass; symbolizing the end of the Power of Three.  By the time that Phoebe and Leo arrived back at the manor, Prue had already died from blood loss and her sustained injuries though Leo was able to heal Piper.
According to Grams, Prue didn't take her death well, just like Phoebe and Piper. Because of this, added to the fact that Piper and Phoebe wouldn't be able to move on properly if they had seen her, Prue was not able to be summoned from the afterlife.
Even after her death, it was revealed that Prue was still watchful and concerned for her sisters, including Paige, her long-lost half-sister whom she had never met. She would silently help the sisters from the afterlife. After her funeral, she flipped the pages of the Book of Shadows so Piper and Phoebe would be able to help Paige with an Enchantment Spell also confirming that she had a pretty good knowledge of the Book of Shadows before she died. .Prue played an important role in helping her sisters win their battle against the demon Zankou: she had, apparently, written a spell on how to channel her power to astral-project, and taught it to Leo sometime before she died. This enabled her sisters to utilize her astral-projection powers to say a vanquishing spell from the basement of the manor in astral form, while their actual bodies were left outside, hidden. When Zankou was vanquished, they astral-projected back into their bodies. As her sisters and Leo left Prescott Street to start a new life, we see Darryl walking down the steps of the Halliwell Manor for the last time, and Prue uses her telekinesis to close the door, just like she did when she was alive. 
Piper Breaks Down
A few weeks after Prue's death, Piper consumed herself with hunting demons, vanquishing any demon she could find, trying to get revenge on evil for killing Prue as well as distracting herself from thoughts of her sister. Unfortunately, this also made her vulnerable to the Furies, a race of magical dog-faced women, who attack anyone they think is doing anything "evil." However with a good person, the furies' smoke opens a portal of an unexpressed anger and due to Piper being furious at Prue for dying, turned her into a fury.
With the help from Paige and Cole, Phoebe was able to track down Piper by using Cole's blood as bait to make her come back to the manor. Piper attempts to kill Cole and goes into battle with her sisters. Phoebe tried to reason with Piper, believing that she was angry with her for abandoning them when she went to the Underworld to help Cole, thus being responsible for Prue's death. However, Piper grabs Paige's neck as she relates to her anger and tells her that it's not about herself or Phoebe, and Phoebe calls Leo down who orbs them to the mausoleum where Prue's plaque resides.
There, Paige tells Piper to let out all of her anger towards Prue and to tell her that she's furious at her for dying and leaving her all alone. Piper finally lets it out, breaking down right in front of Prue's grave, while her newly found half-sister, watches on, crying. 
Paige's Inferiority Complex towards Prue
- Paige: "Okay, Prue was this awesome witch with a full time job and I quit my job to be a full time witch and I still haven't reached her level yet which makes me feel incredibly frustrated and lame. "
- Leo: "Well, I thought you were done comparing yourself to Prue?"
- — Paige venting to Leo about how she thinks she's not as powerful as Prue[src]
Throughout 2002 to 2003, Paige had a slight inferiority complex towards Prue. Paige was jealous by the fact that Prue was this powerful witch with a full-time job, but Paige, who quit her job in September 2002,  hadn't quite mastered the skills Prue had. Besides this, Paige felt that she had to work extremely hard to become accepted by her sisters and tried to fill Prue's shoes. When Barbas, the Demon of Fear attacked the Charmed Ones, he used that weakness to shake her. She was also disappointed that she hadn't mastered Prue's animal conjuring spell which added to her fear. Over-all, Paige was able to overcome it once and for all when he attacked them head-on.
The potion originally meant to vanquish him was knocked back and smashed on the floor. Phoebe and Piper told her to orb the potion onto him, like Prue did using Telekinesis . Although, at first she didn't think it would work, she proceeded to do it and it vanquished him. Later that night, Paige is then seen finally mastering Prue's Animal Conjuring spell by conjuring doves. 
- "We've been misleading you for a while now. About Prue. As you know, she took her death pretty hard.[…]But not everyone copes with their own death in the same way. As a Charmed One she had yet to fulfill her potential when the prophecy transferred to Paige. Prue's spirit moved on, but she was still bound to Earth. Bound to her unfinished business."
In 2008, seven years after her death, the Warren Witches gathered from the other side to help The Charmed Ones fight Neena, the first witch. When the sisters ask their mother and grandmother about Prue's whereabouts, Patty and Grams inform them that Prue was reincarnated into her next life due to the fact that her destiny was not completed when she died. She made a deal with the former Elders and was reborn into the body of a stranger. She would not recognize her sisters but maybe sometime in the future, they would recognize her soul. However, they would not be able to speak with her. All of the sisters seem to be angry at this, since they wanted to be reunited with Prue after all those years.
After the Warren witches defeated Neena and her army, Cole Turner confronts Penny and Patty about lying to the sisters. Cole tells them that he did what they asked by previously helping Piper and wants his reward. Patty and Penny tell him that if he wants redemption he will have to do something bigger; they want him to find Prue, who has apparently gone missing since the Ultimate Battle.
Later, Cole finds a woman named Patience in Salem, Massachusetts and tells her that he knows she is Prue. After playing dumb, she then asks if Phoebe sent him, but he says that he's there on behalf of her mother and Grams. Prue explains that she was never truly allowed to move on into the afterlife due to the prophecy of the Charmed Ones keeping her tied to her sisters. With the prophecy unfulfilled, she couldn't entirely move on. The Angels of Destiny allowed her to join her family and Andy in the beyond but part of her was still trapped between life and death. It was tearing her soul apart. She lashed out at everyone for no reason, especially Andy but he wouldn't let her go. Prue thought that if she helped Piper and Phoebe find Paige, the prophecy would transfer to her and everything would be fine. She then left them alone to let the power grow without any interference, however, the prophecy was meant for Piper, Phoebe, and herself; the power wasn't supposed to transfer to anyone. As long as Prue still had a connection to the Warren line, she would always be tied to her sisters, stopping them from realizing their full power. She had to go someplace to be alone and chose a quiet corner of the Astral Plane.However, she could still feel their bond tearing away at her. Even worse, she was holding them back; the only reason why Billie and Christy could stand against the Charmed Ones. Prue thought if she returned to the Earthly plane and used her magic to help the innocent as it was intended, that might make a difference. She found a witch that Charon the soul collector had gone after, who was in a coma with no chance of recovery, and took over her
Prue finally felt complete once again, and the bond with her sisters was back immediately. In her new body, she could feel it every time she used magic. It did not take long for her to realize that now she was no longer holding her sisters back from coming into their fullest potential. In fact, they were all growing stronger: her own telekinetic powers had advanced to the point where she could levitate chalk drawings, cars, and even refill glasses with water; Piper had acquired the power of molecular acceleration; Phoebe had not only regained her powers of levitation and empathy, but had also developed an advanced form; and Paige could now generate a protective forcefield from orbs.
However, because Melinda Warren did not prophesy a Power of Four, Prue chose to stay in hiding. She and Paige shared one of Melinda's three powers, and Piper and Phoebe have the other two; the only way the Power Of Three could continue on without her is with her out of the way. If the four sisters were to ever unite, it would not make them stronger, but would probably weaken the power of the Charmed Ones even more and could potentially be cataclysmic. So Prue decided to keep her distance from all of the Warrens as she felt that it was the only way to keep the family safe. She then asked Cole to keep her secret.
Helping witches in Salem
Prue, living as Patience, operates "Salem Witch House," a tourist attraction where she even dresses in clothes reminiscent of the time during the Witch Trials.
Before being discovered by Cole, she began to mentor a neophyte witch called Sarah, helping her to become comfortable with her new found powers. It is revealed that she doesn't like being called "Ma'am," and tells Sarah that she "looks good for her age." She calms the girl down, and shows her power of Telematerialization to refill two glasses with water. Patience tries to ease Sarah into the fact that she is a witch and makes sure to inform her that she is not alone. Sarah finally accepts what she is and leaves her shop. After doing so, "Patience" telekinetically closes the door, in a fashion similar to Prue.
Reuniting With Her Sisters
Paige arrives to the Salem Witch House in search of Sarah who is a candidate for acceptance to Magic School. Getting past Cole into the house, Paige confronts Patience (Prue) about Sarah's whereabouts. Prue immediately tries to urge Paige to leave, but her sister is persistent. Paige reaches out to Prue and upon their touch, a red aura erupts and causes the two witches to be violently thrown away from each other. In the meantime, Piper and Phoebe's powers also work off balance.
Paige accuses Prue of attacking her. She tries to explain that it was an accident, but Paige refuses to listen and wonders why the place was being guarded by a dead demon. Prue then tries to explain that she is in fact her sister, but Paige doesn't believe her because of her appearance. Prue tries to explain and reaches out to Paige, but Paige recoils and throws Prue across the room in orbs. Prue retaliates, holding Paige in the air with telekinesis, pleading with her to calm down.
Eventually, Prue finally starts to get through to Paige, though she is still reluctant to believe her words. Prue maintains that their powers affected each other when they touched and the rest was self-defense. Prue decides to get to the Manor and see Piper and Phoebe. They orb into the attic to find it wrecked, though Prue is not surprised. Despite still not believing Prue's claims, Paige notes that the Book of Shadows likes her. She is about to find Piper and Phoebe when they meet at the attic's doorway. Upon seeing the woman, Piper and Phoebe immediately recognize Prue's soul. Piper embraces Prue with a huge smile as Phoebe runs for a hug too, leaving Paige amazed.
After a short reunion with her sisters and properly meeting Paige, Prue maps out a plan; she and Piper will take to the streets, vanquishing demons who are now attacking the frozen mortals, while Phoebe tries to find a way to contain their out of control powers, and Paige brews vanquishing potions. Later, Paige proposes to strip her powers in order to stabilize the Power of Three, ready and willing to give Prue her spot back. While Piper and Phoebe debate the issue with Paige, Prue talks it over with Cole who tells her that maybe it wasn't the Power of Three that wouldn't let her go, but perhaps she was still holding on to it. Prue tells her sisters that it is time for her to allow herself to move on so she strips her powers, bringing the Power of Three back under control, and untethering herself from its bonds. Though getting a chance to finally reconnect with her sisters, Prue decides to return to Salem and continue living as Patience, stating that she'll never be far away from magic. However, the darklighter Rennek who put things in motion for Prue to reunite with her sisters and destroy the Power of Three in order to get to Leo, confirms that it's not over.
'The Charmed One'
Due to the machinations of Rennek, all magical beings, including the Charmed Ones, are disempowered, and all mortals are granted the ability to use magic. Because her powers were stripped at the time, not only did Prue gain her powers back but she also gained all of her sisters' powers as well. Over the next six months, Prue became extremely busy as she was now considered the most powerful witch on Earth and had to handle the chaos that resulted from the switch. Prue took some time away from her sisters to figure out how the switch happened and how to give them their powers back. She eventually came to the conclusion that if she continued using her powers, they would drain from her and gradually return to her sisters.
Prue returns to the manor after many months away, she orbs into the room, very tired because of the battle as she has all of the sisters' powers inside of her. Darryl can not recognize her (he sees Patience and not Prue's soul), and neither can her sisters. Prue thinks it is "another fun part of a magical world turned upside down." Prue lets her sisters know that Rennek stole the Grimoire before implementing his plan. Prue and her sisters battle against another magic gang. Meanwhile, Phoebe has a premonition in which she sees Prue dying. Prue (who, like Phoebe, has had the same premonition) drives out the enemy and plunges toward them chanting "The Power of Three Will Set You Free."
Prue found herself a dimension where all earthbound spirits and those who had died since the magic switch had gone to. There, she met Cole, who told her that the dead could not move on into the afterlife due to the switch, but confirmed that her efforts had reverted her powers back to her sisters, which she was thankful for. However, she also wondered if it was her destiny to keep sacrificing herself for others, and longed to have her own "happily ever after". Cole comforted her, reminding her that it was always better for her to be with her sisters than without them, and told her that the combined power of the magical dead might be able to tear a hole that would return her to Earth. Cole apparently that he had some information that the sisters would take better coming from Prue rather than him.
Prue woke up at the house with Paige healing her, and told them why she had sacrificed herself. Despite having no powers again, she told her sisters that Cole had told her that the seer Alexi may be able to help them. 
The Caretaker of the Nexus of the All
In anticipation for the imminent battle against Rennek, Prue borrowed a magical crossbow that always hit its target from Glynnis and practiced using it, though she doubted that she could be of much use in battle. Piper reassured and motivated her, telling her that with or without powers, she was good in whatever she did, and that was what truly mattered.
Their intimate conversation was cut short by their younger sisters and Leo returning from Alexi's lair with new information on why the balance of magic was disrupted and how Rennek had taken advantage of it to rise to ultimate power.
The four sisters, Leo, and Darryl managed to locate the desert location of the Nexus of the All, where Rennek resided. As everyone prepared to attack Rennek's forces, Prue felt guilty about her role in the Darklighter's plot, and was comforted by Leo and Paige, the latter who orbed them to the Nexus for the battle.
Armed with Glynnis's magical weapons, Prue, Leo, Coop, Henry, and their allies fought against the demons emerging from the Nexus. Prue and Leo managed to enter the Nexus thanks to a magical cannon used by Glynnis, and Prue removed the Empyreal Sword from the Grimoire before casting a spell that granted her ownership of both artifacts, allowing her to utilize their power to vanquish Rennek. Her body became covered in various runes and symbols, and she cast a second spell to reconnect the Upper Regions and the Underworld to the Earth, and diminish (but not erase) the memories of the empowered mortals so as not to remember the magic-switch.
Now in possession of a tremendous amount of magical power, Prue altered the Nexus to make it look like the Halliwell Manor. She said goodbye to Darryl and discussed her new powers with Leo, who assured her that, though the Grimoire was a part of her now, a great deal of good came out of it: she had defeated Rennek, saved the world, and gained a new control over magic.
Soon after, Cole arrived, informing him that he came as a messenger from the Elders. He told Prue that the Elders were impressed by what she had done, but that she was now the conduit holding the realms together, and could never leave the Nexus. He offers to become the go-between for Prue and her sisters, and Prue is thankful to have his company since it was going to be just her in the Nexus. After bidding farewell to Piper, Phoebe and Paige, Prue closed the door of her new home using telekinesis. 
While her sisters resumed their lives, Prue remained bound to the Nexus and kept in touch with them through the phone. She and Cole helped the sisters with gathering intel on Gaxageal, an ancient demon who attacked the sisters.
Powers and Abilities
As the oldest Charmed One, Prue's powers were the strongest of the current generation—and would have stayed that way if her death had never occurred. Currently, due to necessary circumstances, Prue has become the Nexus of the All, which granted her the power of reality-warping. She also regained her original power of telekinesis.
- Basic Powers
- Spell Casting: The ability to cast spells and perform rituals. Prue's spell-casting ability has been dramatically-enhanced by her power of reality-warping, allowing her to cast spells as powerful (if not more) as the Charmed Ones.
- Active Powers
- Telekinesis: The ability to move objects and beings with the mind. This was Prue's primary ability as a witch which she could channel with her eyes and later hands. When she became the Nexus of the All, she used this ability to close the manor doors.
- Advanced Telekinesis: A highly evolved and powerful form of Telekinesis. Prue's telekinetic abilities are strong enough to slice apart powerful magical beings.
- Telematerialization: The ability to teleport liquid with the mind. As Patience, Prue used this ability to prove she was a witch to Sarah by filling two glasses with water.
- Astral Projection: The ability to project one's consciousness into an astral form outside the body. Prue first developed this power during her second year as a witch as an advancement of her telekinesis. She later demonstrated this power as the Nexus of the All when she astral projects to the Astral Plane.
- Reality Warping: The ability to alter and manipulate the world to cosmic scales. She gained this power when she became the Nexus of the All. She used this power to enhance her spell casting abilities to strip mortals of their powers and erase their memories of the time they had magic. She also used it to create her own home in the desert, to make Kyra human and to extract and resurrect the soul of Benjamin Turner in his son's body.
- Flight: The ability to defy gravity is propel oneself through the air.
- Hovering: The ability to rise a few feet in the air and hover.
- Holograms: The ability to project light-based images. Prue uses this ability to project the faces of people she is on the phone with.
- Lightning Teleportation: The ability to teleport through bolts of lightning. After learned what she truly was, Prue used this ability to teleport to the manor.
- Sensing: The ability to connect with all magical beings around the world.
- Intangibility: The ability to walk through solid objects.
- Aerokinesis: The ability to manipulate wind.
- Pyrokinesis: The ability to manipulate fire.
- Super Strength: The ability to have an exert level of physical strength much greater than that of a normal person.
- Electrokinesis: The ability to manipulate electricity.
- Energy Beam: The ability to shoot beams of energy.
- Pyromancy: The ability to spy with the use of fire.
- Power Manipulation: The ability to manipulate supernatural powers.
- Petrification: The ability to turn an object into stone.
- Power Absorption: The ability to absorb the powers of other beings.
- Other Powers
- Immortality: The power to live an infinitely long lifespan and an arrested aging process. She's immortal as long as she stays in the Nexus.
- Premonition: The power to foresee future and past events. This power was taken from Kyra.
- Temporary Powers: Powers that Prue temporarily gained when she was transformed into or swapped powers with other beings.
- Previous Powers: Powers that Prue formerly possessed.
Prue is stubborn and strong-willed. Unlike Phoebe, she is slow to trust people. She holds a grudge for a long time, having not forgiven her father for years after he left them and not trusting Cole even after he saved their lives on more than one occasion.
At first, her duty as a Charmed One was a burden for her work life but she eventually began taking the initiative in hunting demons. It even at one point progressed into an obsession, believing a break-in to be the work of demons, and disregarding the idea of a human culprit. Prue is the most responsible of the sisters and has made numerous sacrifices throughout her life for them. According to Piper, Prue was known for saying "The Charmed Ones come first" when she alive and was always risking her life in the fight against evil, even sorting out her last will and testament before her death for the sake of her sisters. She's willing to take on a leadership role, having laid down rules when the sisters first got their powers.
She is very protective of her sisters. She is willing to do anything to protect them, even it means putting herself in harm's way, or harming innocents with her powers.
|The Prue Halliwell article has a Photo Gallery.|
The only major changes in Prue's appearance involved her hair. Although towards Season 3 her fashion sense becomes more risque and revealing.
- Hair: In the beginning of Season 1, it was a very dark brown, almost black. By the start of Season 2, however, it had become slightly lighter (roughly the same shade she'd had when she was younger), but still noticeably darker than Piper and Phoebe's hair. Around the end of Season 2 it became darker again, then in Season 3 it became a noticeably lighter shade, sometimes with lighter tones. Originally, Prue wore her hair in a short bob, a little longer than Phoebe's. It started to grow during the middle of Season 1 until by early Season 3, it was almost elbow length. Almost seven years after her death, Prue inhabits and takes on the appearance of a comatose witch. In this body, she has a blonde pixie cut and brown eyes. After absorbing the Grimoire and the Empyreal Sword, Prue has tattoos running down her left arm that magically change of their own accord.
- Wardrobe: Her clothing style changes from classy professional clothing to more casual clothing over her three-season run. From season 2 onward, Prue showed a decided preference for more revealing clothes, often wearing crop tops, tube tops and low cut blouses. When the whitelighter Natalie suggested a costume change because she deemed the Charmed Ones' fashion sense too "fearless", Prue claimed that then she would have 'nothing to wear'.
- Andy Trudeau
Andy Trudeau had been involved with Prue and her family since childhood. They even dated in high school, but the relationship ended when he moved to Portland. They were reunited years later, around the same time Prue became a Charmed One.
However, though they did truly love each other, Prue's witchcraft responsibilities caused their romance to become an on-again-off-again relationship, and he eventually found out about her and her sisters being witches shortly before he sacrificed his own life to protect them.
Prue and Andy were presumably each other's greatest loves, and hence his death was one of her greatest losses, evidenced by the fact that she never had any permanent boyfriend after him.
- Other Relationships
- Eric: Sometime before 1998, Prue traveled to London, England where she had a relationship with this man. Nothing else is known about Eric or Prue's relationship with him. He was mentioned by Cupid in the episode Heartbreak City.
- Alan: Alan was a love interest of Prue's during her time in college. Nothing else is known about Alan or Prue's relationship with him. He was mentioned by Cupid in the episode Heartbreak City.
- Tom Peters: Prue started dating Tom sometime between 1990, her junior year in college and 1992, her senior year. He was a star wide receiver and captain of the Gold State football team while Prue was head cheerleader. In the episode Wrestling with Demons, Prue discovered Tom was preparing to become a demon. Prue, not wanting to have to vanquish Tom, helped him deal with his issues and become mortal again before he murdered an innocent.
- Roger: In her twenties, Prue became engaged to Roger, who was her boss at the Museum of Natural History. However, Roger kept coming on to Phoebe secretly, then claimed that it was Phoebe who went after him. Though she believed Roger, Prue still broke off their engagement, and later quit her job to get away from him, since their relationship had deteriorated to the point where they cannot even work as colleagues, without being hostile or mean to each other. 
- Alan Stanton: They were both colleagues at Buckland's. Alan was the first person that Prue showed interest in since Andy died. They went on a couple of dates, but Alan kept his distance. Prue suspected that he was not interested, but he was merely giving her space, knowing she was still healing from her loss. When a spell turned Prue into a man, they held a conversation and Prue learned how he really felt about her. Once the spell reversed, they went on another date.
- Jack Sheridan: They met during a TV Auction where Jack snatched away Prue's auction. He later developed an interest in Prue and transferred to Buckland to get closer to her. Although she initially hated him, she began to warm up and they became good friends, and eventually started a short relationship before she discovered that he wasn't right for her and ended their relationship the same day she quit her job. 
- Bane Jessup: When Prue went undercover as the assassin Ms. Hellfire to find out who was behind an assassination attempt on her and her sisters, she met Bane Jessup, a suave crime boss. Eventually, she discovered that the demon Barbas had hired Bane to kill the sisters along with 10 other witches. Bane then hired Ms. Hellfire to complete the job. Seduced by lust and his romance, Prue started to fall for Bane, but had to have him arrested for conspiracy to commit murder once the entire plot was discovered and Barbas was banished back to the Underworld. Bane Jessup later escaped prison trying to get Prue to help him fight off the demon Litvack, who wanted Bane dead. During this time, Prue and Bane fell for each other and consummated their relationship. However, Bane returned to jail willingly and the two never saw each other again after this. 
- Brendan Rowe: Prue briefly fell for Brendan, a pure hearted half-warlock who she helped to rid himself of his evil nature. His warlock brothers Greg and Paul saw how much Brendan was starting to feel for Prue, and tried to make him sacrifice her as part of their last attempt to turn him evil. Their relationship would be ultimately short-lived due to Brendan finally fulfilling his dream of becoming a priest. 
- Dick: Dick was a boring guy who worked in an office not far from Café Le Blue, where he had a date with Prue. He didn't like taking long lunches. On his date, the Genie appeared three inches tall, distracted Dick, and dived into his mouth. Controlled by the genie, Dick dipped his fingers in the butter and greedily licked it off. He then asked Prue what she wanted in a man, she replied she wanted to be excited by love again, totally unaware that her "boyfriend" was actually the genie speaking to her. The genie, as Dick, granted her wish. We later heard at the end of the episode, that Prue had dumped Dick. 
- Micah/Mitch: Micah was a member of the witch-hunter troupe that patrolled the Virginia village where Melinda Warren was born. Though he worked as witch hunter, he was actually riding with them to undo their work and protect good magic. It appeared that he also knew the troupe's commander, Ruth Cobb, was actually an evil witch herself. He encountered the Halliwell sisters and helped them twice. However, his cover was blown after he released the sisters and he was killed by Cole. At the end of the episode, a man who looks identical to Micah, called Mitch, shows interest in Prue at P3. 
- Sean: Sean was a man that Prue dated in late 2000. However, due to her obsession with tracking down the demons who continuously sent demons after her and his sisters Piper and Phoebe, Prue stood Sean up on many dates. At the same time, a new manager at P3 named Abbey began to stalk Prue in hopes of taking over her identity and broke into Halliwell Manor. After this breaking and entering took place, Sean ended up being one the many suspects thought to be the stalker. In the end, Abbey was proven to be the stalker. 
- Justin Harper: Justin Harper was Prue and Piper's friend from high school. He had a crush on Prue, but they never dated. During their tenth year reunion, he reunited with Piper and Prue, and finally started dating Prue. After a couple of dates, the relationship deteriorated slowly. A warlock named Zile then shape-shifted into him to lure Prue with him to turn herself and her sisters into warlocks, thus turning the Power of Three evil for a short time. In the end of it, Prue ultimately broke up with Justin because he was just too "boring". 
- T.J.: Prue started regularly astral projecting to a bar unconsciously in her sleep. At the bar, she met T.J., with whom she flirted. On the day of Piper and Leo's wedding, Prue was wanted for murder, and T.J. denied knowing her. When Prue projected herself back to the bar at noon, he tries to take her away, only to be stopped by the cops. He then crashes Piper and Leo's wedding and Prue immediately astral projects and leaves with him. That same night, T.J. and Prue are enjoying themselves in the woods when Phoebe suddenly casts a spell to bring her back. They never met again after this. 
Relationship with her Father
As a child, Prue had a healthy, loving relationship with her father. He would often read her bedtime stories before going for her nap. However, in her early childhood, Victor was forced to leave the family, due to the constant demonic attacks on his girls. It caused Prue to have a hatred towards him that lasted well into her late 20's. After not seeing him or communicating with him for over 20 years, he mysteriously comes back to San Francisco and decides to go see Prue, who at the time was working at Buckland Auction House. He brings a Protection Ring with him.
Although, at the time she didn't know who he was and treated him like any other client, that was until she looked up at him and noticed who he really was. A furious Prue demands he leave right now and tells him not to come near her or her sisters. However unknown to any of them, he was working with three shape shifters to protect his girls.
After her encounter with Victor, she immediately meets up with her sisters and tells them the father that abandoned them is back and wants to have dinner with them. An intrigued Phoebe, meets up with him before hand where he accidentally mistaken her for Piper. They hug and she suddenly receives a premonition of Victor stealing the Book of Shadows. She leaves distraught and goes back to the manor to get ready for dinner with him tonight. Prue however, is reluctant to go and almost misses out on it until Andy convinces her to go. Once there, she confronts him about his past and about how he left his family.
Victor then puts out his leg, making a waiter trip over with a flambe for them but Piper freezes the room and saves it from falling. The room unfreezes and he notices Piper has changed positions and admits to them he knows that they are witches. They go back to the Manor, where Victor insists on seeing the Book of Shadows again, however Prue furiously tells him no and flings him across the room. Phoebe then tells the truth about her father and what she saw to Piper and Prue, saying Prue was right all along. The next morning, Phoebe finds Victor outside the manor, asking for her trust. He grabs onto her and has another premonition, of "Victor" stealing the Book of Shadows, however, Victor shapeshifts into Marshall, their next door neighbor. She runs back inside and meets her sisters there, with two more of the shape shifters in tack.
She makes up an excuse and goes up to the attic and finds a spell to vanquish shapeshifters. However when she comes back down, one of them has changed his appearance to look like Victor, confusing her. Both of them try to convince that the other one is fake, until the real Victor calls Prue, "Prudence." Prue telekinetically moves the protection ring to Victor and Phoebe starts to chant the spell. It works and leaves Victor unharmed. After everything was set straight, the sisters were meant to have lunch with him, however he was forced to go back to New York, but he left the girls a video tape of their first Christmas all together. 
A couple years later, he returned, but Prue's feelings towards him were harsh again. The ice-cream truck from which Victor had saved Prue when she was little returned, and Prue, along with her sisters, knew they had to stop it once and for all; but they didn't count with demonic children escaping the truck and causing troubles in the city.
The Halliwell family had to put their issues aside if they wanted to get rid of the demons. Prue relied on her father in fixing the truck so they could trap the demons in. But in the process, Prue almost got sucked by the vanquishing entity known as the Nothing that lived inside the truck; Victor managed to pull her away and saved her.
In the end, Prue and Victor solved their differences and started having an almost normal father-daughter relationship.
As with Phoebe, Prue is protective of Piper. When they were in high school, Prue would usually be the one to overshadow Piper, while still being the one to come to her defense. Piper tried running for freshman secretary in high school, but was so nervous that Prue got up on stage and finished her speech for her.
Prue, along with Phoebe, would normally put Piper in the middle of their arguments. While Phoebe would often challenge some of Prue's decisions, Piper would often quietly accept them rather than argue about it.
While Prue was just as protective towards Phoebe, as she is with Piper, she found herself usually at odds with her little sister. The two have argued on more than one occasion. Phoebe had a loud, outspoken personality that would normally put the two at odds with one another. Prue was also somewhat intimidating towards Phoebe when Phoebe worried about disappointing her, such as neglecting to tell Prue bad news like when she ran Prue's car into a poll, or telling Prue last about Cole being alive. This is probably due to the fact that Prue acted as her mother throughout her childhood. Still, Prue loves Phoebe, was open to listening to Phoebe if she had an problems whether magic related or not. Prue would be willing to do anything to protect her.
- "You name it—I can identify it"
- —Prue summaries her expertise.[src]
Prue had graduated with honors from Gold State University, and proved to be an expert at the jobs she applied, showing herself to be an accomplished and skillful woman, not only in the magical world, but also in the mortal world. Given how she later demonstrated expert martial-arts skills that surpassed even those of her sister, Phoebe (who was the only Charmed One shown on screen to have taken self-defense classes), it is also possible that she had taken up the study of martial-arts in her school years, and hence emerged as an extremely effective combatant.
- Museum of Natural History: Prue had been working at the Museum of Natural History in San Francisco since college. In fact, it was there that she met Roger, her boss who later became her fiance. After she found out that Roger was coming onto Phoebe, and was not the man that she thought he was, she resigned, and even unintentionally used her new found powers on Roger when he provoked her. It was also mentioned that he had, apparently, trash-talked her, in hopes that it would prevent her from getting a new job.
- Buckland Auction House: One week after she resigned from the Museum, Prue received a call from Buckland Auction House to interview for an ancient artifacts expert's job. Prue noted that her areas of expertise are dated from the Ming dynasty to a Mark McGwire rookie baseball card. However, the auction house was infiltrated by two demons named Rex Buckland and Hannah Webster, who were plotting to kill the Charmed Ones; after vanquishing them, Prue continued to work there. Also, it was at the auction house that she first discovered the use of her astral projection powers. She decided to quit working there after a dishonest new boss took over, and Prue disagreed with his way of working. Thus also ending her relationship with Jack Sheridan. 
- 415 Magazine: Ever since Prue was a child, she had wanted to become a professional photo journalist by the inspiration of a man named Finley Beck. After a year and a half at the auction house, she quit and used her subsequent free time to figure what she really wanted to do. Prue soon fulfilled her childhood dream when she was hired by 415 Magazine, where she quickly became one of their top photographers before she died. 
- Salem Witch House: As of Season 9, in her new body Prue worked as a tour guide in Salem at the Salem Witch House.
- Prudence: The Medieval form of Prudentia, a feminine form of Prudentius. In England it was used during the Middle Ages and it was revived in the 17th century by the Puritans, in part from the English word prudence, ultimately of the same source.
- Halliwell: Derived from any of the several places named with the Old English pre 7th Century elements "halig" meaning "holy", plus "well(a)", a well or spring. These places include Halliwell (now a neighborhood of Bolton) in Lancashire, recorded as Haliwell circa 1200; Holwell in Dorset and Oxfordshire appearing respectively as Halegewelle and Haliwelle in the Domesday Book of 1086; Halwell and Halwill in Devonshire, recorded as Halgewilla in 1086, and Holywell in Northumberland, Kent, Cambridgeshire and Cornwall.
- Prue is the only one out of the four sisters that does not have brown eyes, having green eyes instead. This trait would be inherited only by her nephew, Chris Halliwell.
- For almost 20 years, Prue could never say I love you as they were the last words she spoke to her mother before she was killed.
- Prue met Paige for the first time in the comic Family Shatters.
- Since her death Prue has been mentioned in every season.
- Prue promised Piper before her wedding that she would stop anybody that tried to ruin the ceremony. Ironically, it was Prue (in her astral form) who ruined Piper's wedding.
- Prue died when she pushed Dr. Griffiths out of the way, if she had moved him telekinetically or had not bothered with him at all, she would more than likely have survived the attack.
- Prue broke her ankle at the age of 7.
- Her past life is P. Bowen.
- Phoebe taught Prue how to French kiss.
- Piper gave Prue the chicken pox as a child.
- Prue has a fondness for Twizzlers.
- According to one of her ex-boyfriends, Jack Sheridan, she uses the Must de Cartier perfume.
- She can't stand when people talk at the previews.
- She argues to win.
- Prue picks her cuticles when she's nervous.
- Piper and Prue went to Duran Duran together and Prue stretched her leg warmers so gave them to Phoebe.
- Prue was a cheerleader and class president in high school.
- Prue's astrological sign is Scorpio. Her ancestor, Melinda Warren, was also a Scorpio, having been born on October 31, 1670.
- Both Prue and her mom were killed by elemental demons; Prue by Shax, a demon who uses wind, and her mother by the Water Demon, which obviously kills with water.
- In the episode P3 H2O, Prue expresses her fears of being compared to her mother. Scared that her life seemed to be following the same pattern as her mother's and terrified one of the many similarities between the two would be that she will die young. Ironically, these fears were totally justified as she was killed by Shax a year later.
- Both Prue and Phoebe's names came from their ancestors.
- Prue shares many traits with her future nephew Chris. Both have dark hair, green eyes, and share the power of telekinesis. They were born in October, and have similar personalities: both are serious, business-like, stubborn and care greatly for their family's well-being. Also, they both have encountered the Angel of Death sometime before their deaths.
- In season 3, Prue consistently displayed incredible martial-arts skills that could rival, if not surpass, those of her sister Phoebe's. Examples of such instances are when she fought against demons like Vinceres, the Seekers, Tarkin, the Wrestlers, and the stalker Abbey. She also displayed gun slinging skills. It was never made known as to how or why she was such a formidable combatant, and the only theory seems to be that she had taken up the study of combat during her schooling years, and choose to employ them only after she became more confident and skilled in using her powers.
- Prue is the only sister that has never received any Whitelighter powers. However, she did receive Darklighter abilities, when she switched powers with Alec. She did get Whitelighter powers in the comics because of the magic switch and Prue getting all of her sisters' powers, including Paige's Whitelighter powers.
- Phoebe named her first daughter, Prudence Johnna Halliwell, after Prue. Additionally, one of Piper's grandchildren is also named after Prue. Piper originally wanted to name Wyatt Prudence Melinda before discovering he was a boy.
- Prue's final and permanent death in the series was the only time that she was killed using a magical power.
- After her death, Piper inherited her golden necklace.
- Even in death, Prue has influenced in some of the most important points of the show:
- Changing the spell to summon her to find Paige and repair the Power of Three, as well as fueling her sisters' determination to defeat the Source once and for all.
- Her sisters using the knowledge of Astral Projection she had left to vanquish Zankou.
- The struggling battle of The Charmed Ones against the Ultimate Power due to her holding her sisters' true power back.
- Responsible of her sisters' powers advancing to higher levels.
- Accidentally aiding in Rennek's plan to destroy the Power of Three to get to Leo.
- Becoming the All and the conduit of all magic.
- Unintentionally hurting her sisters and their children with her presence.
- Becoming one with Old One Heremus and becoming the greatest threat to the world.
- Out of all the characters to magically close the Manor door, Prue has done it the most at 7 different times, 4 of which occurred at the end of a season. Each time she did, she used telekinesis.
- Both Piper and Prue saw visions of Patty whilst almost drowning. On both accounts Patty helped both sisters get over their fears and helped return them to the surface.
- Prue's the only Charmed One to change genders as well as transform into a normal animal (a dog); both with the purpose of locating a demon.
- Prue Halliwell's birthdate is repeatedly shown to be October 28th, 1970 throughout the show, and "1970" is even printed on her gravestone. However, her past life P. Bowen died in May of 1971 according to the family tree, which should make Prue's birthdate impossible. The family tree is also shown to have many other continuity errors.
- Prue is portrayed by actress Shannen Doherty, who is most likely known for her role as Brenda Walsh on 90210.
- After Shannen Doherty announced she was leaving, the original idea was to recast the role of Prue. Tiffani Thiessen and Jennifer Love Hewitt were offered the role, though both declined. It was then decided to replace Prue with a long-lost half-sister. If Thiessen had been cast, it would have been the second time she'd replace Shannen, having previously done so on Beverly Hills, 90210.
- Prue makes a physical appearance after her death in Cat House during two flashbacks. However, she only appears in her astral form in Just Harried and as a dog in Look Who's Barking; neither times featuring Shannen Doherty as the first one was only the back of a stunt double.
- The "starring" shot is Prue's hand flipping the Book of Shadows pages, scene of the episode The Honeymoon's Over.
- Shannen Doherty has recently declined for her likeness to be used in the charmed comics. This also happened in 2001, where she forbid an action figure company to use her likeness for a Prue Doll so therefore. This is probably why Prue's appearance in the comics is different from Shannen's—to prevent future lawsuits towards Zenescope Entertainment.
- In 2007, AOL named Prue the 10th greatest witch in TV witch history and her sister Piper was number 1.
- Shannen Doherty admitted on Twitter that her favorite episode in Charmed was her last one.
- Holly Marie Combs tweeted that Aaron Spelling had another lady in mind for the role of Prue. She also said that they wanted Shannen Doherty to read for Piper.
- Brad Kern stated that it was Shannen's idea to have Prue develop fighting skills.
- There is still speculation why Shannen left the role of Prue.
- Interestingly, at roughly the same point in both the alternate timeline seen during Morality Bites and the real one seen in the Zenescope season 9 comics, Prue is a blonde.
- Prue was the only sister whom was never seen as an old woman on the show. Piper was seen in Forever Charmed, Phoebe in The Three Faces of Phoebe, and Paige in Charrrmed!.
- Prue is the main antagonist in Season 10.
Prue Halliwell has appeared in a total of 67 episodes throughout the series and 25 comic issues so far.
- Prue Halliwell/Death Count
- Prue Halliwell/Magical Transformations
- Prue Halliwell/Power Losses
- Prue Halliwell/Power Development
- Prue Halliwell/Written Spells
|Antagonists of Season 3|
|Emilio Smith · William Hamilton · Guardians · The Boss and his minions · Trolls · Grimlocks · Belthazor · Ruth Cobb · Abbey · Troxa · Vinceres · Andras · The Triad · Krell · Kierkan · Terra · Ari, Freckles and Jersey · The Nothing · Eames · Kellman and his Wrestlers· Tom Peters · Dantalian · Zile · Prue, Piper and Phoebe Halliwell · Sutter · Jack · The Seekers · Shadow · Lukas · Brotherhood of the Thorn · Banshee · Shax · Alice Hicks · The Source of All Evil|
|Antagonists of Season 10|
|Gaxageal · Fritz · Valen · Murray · Will o' the Wisp · Aldar Kose · Dominus · Barbas · Heremus · Shax · Zankou · Tuatha · Prue Halliwell|
|Innocents of Season 3|
|INNOCENTS SAVED||Darryl Morris · Alan Sloan · Brooke · Christopher · Kate · Thistle · Charlotte Warren · Melinda Warren · Father Thomas · Homeless Man · Fran Peters · Tom Peters · Bo Lightfeather · Officer Dean · Roger Tremble · Frank Pirelli · Runaway Teen|
|INNOCENTS LOST||Raver Girl · Micah · Deputy · Businessman · Ice Cream Man · Vivian · Unnamed Witch · Natalie · Andrea · Reece Davidson · Mrs. Owens · Ariel · Robert Pike · Prophet · Leeza · Janna · Widower · Dr. Griffiths · Prue Halliwell|