A ceremonial blade with the letters "WW" on its hilt
This particular type of athame, referred to as a Power-Sucking Athame, has the ability to absorb the powers of whomever is stabbed with it. The powers are stored within the blade until they are extracted. This type of athame was seen only once during the series, in episode "Witch Wars", where the Charmed Ones needed the books from Magic School to discover the origin and purpose of this magical weapon.
A demon couple hosting a demonic reality TV-show called "Witch Wars" used many of these athames for the purposes of their game show. They also used the athame's image on their logo. Each contestant was given one blade, in which they would be rewarded with their victims' powers if they succeeded in killing them in every round.
Phoebe then took Clea's powers from the blade and went after her partner, Corr, vanquishing him with an energy ball before moving on to the demonic audience watching from a television screen in a bar, vanquishing half of them as they fled in terror. Paige later stabbed Phoebe to remove the powers.
Upon finding this athame, the Charmed Ones tried to identify it with their Book of Shadows. Although they did not find anything in their book, they found an entry on power-sucking athames in a Magic School book. The entry reads as thus:
- The unique design of the
- Athame pictured above is used
- as a power absorbing channel
- from its victim. Any magical
- individual killed by this weapon
- has their powers transferred and
- stored within the blade.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
- Active Powers
- Power Absorption: The ability to absorb the powers of other beings. The blade stole all powers of its victims.
- Power Containment: The ability to put powers in containment. The athame contained the powers of its victims until someone removed them.
- Power Extraction: The ability to transfer powers. When someone willed it, the athame would transfer the powers it contained to them.
Notes and TriviaEdit
- Although the entry states that a being has to be killed for his/her powers to be stored within the blade, being stabbed only seems to suffice.
- It is unknown if this athame would work on non-corporeal demons (such as the Water Demon and the Shocker Demon) or demons who feed on magic.