Philippa (born 1870s) was the daughter of James Bowen and Iris Sauls, and sister to Agnes and Gregory Bowen (and possibly a third sibling although the name is smudged on the family tree). She only appeared in the non-canonical novel Mirror Image.
Romantic and Family Life
It was never really revealed as to what kind of relationship Philippa had with her family. However, it was made known that when her sister, Agnes, alienated the family altogether to defend a powerful murderous warlock whom she believed to be their long-lost brother, Philippa deeply resented Agnes for it, even after her sister realized her mistake and confessed to the family about it. She indicated in her journal her severe disapproval and unwillingness to forgive Agnes:
Agnes came to the house for the first time since the day she turned against us. We were polite, as she remains family, but no more than polite. She brought disgrace to the Halliwell family, and there are many among us who are not disposed to forgive her, nor will become so. Agnes, as the saying goes, has made her own bed. Whether she enjoys lying in it is not a concern for the rest of us.
Powers and Abilities
- Basic Powers
- Spell Casting: The ability to cast spells and perform rituals.
- Potion Making: The ability to brew magical potions.
- Scrying: The ability to locate another being and object with the use of a crystal and a map.
- Mediumship: The ability to see and commune with spirits of the dead.
Notes and Trivia
- Philippa's surname being "Halliwell" is somewhat unlikely, and was likely a mistake.
- The novel 'Mirror Image' indicates that Philippa and her husband were the ones who built the manor, and that they were already living in it by 1904 (the year the novel takes place).
Philippa has appeared in a total of 1 non-canonical novel throughout the course of the franchise.
- Charmed Novels
- ↑ Her surname is unclear, due to conflicting information, it has been left blank.