The user looks at the victim, activating the power and turning it into stone.
Focus on victim.
Petrification is the ability to turn plants and animals into stone with a single look or touch.
This power has only been seen used by the Titan Meta. She channeled her power through her eyes to petrify three Whitelighters, so that the Titans could steal the power of Orbing to enter the Heavens. Her power only worked when the target looked directly into her eyes. Chris Halliwell avoided her power by wearing tinted sunglasses. Upon his arrival, Chris claimed that some of the ancient Greek statues in museums are really victims of petrification. The Charmed Ones are the only ones who've managed to reverse petrification by using a combination of Fairy Dust, Luck, the magic of a Witch and a Dwarf's axe. ("Oh My Goddess! Part 1")
List of UsersEdit
- Written by Phoebe in A Witch In Time.
- I call upon Medusa's bones,
- turn their flesh into stone.
Meta turns a whitelighter to stoneEdit
Attempt to free PaigeEdit
- This power originated from the mythology of the Gorgon Medusa, who had snakes for hair and could turn people to stone when they looked into her eyes. Phoebe called on Medusa's bones in her spell.
- It's possible that this power could be a related to Geokinesis.
- A similar ability was used when Dantalian was able to petrify Zile by kissing him with a potion on her lips, which Zile was able to copy with Prue. The potion would paralyze the victim, who could only move their head before passing out.
- Tuatha once created a potion that turned Piper and Prue's feet to stone, making them unable to move off the ground they were on.