Simon & Schuster Children's Publishing
Patricia Halliwell is at a crossroad in her life and she herself doesn't know what she wants: live a life with or without magic? Soon she falls for a boy at school, Hugh Stenstrom and she feels herself wanting to give up magic forever. Penny tries to reason with her, but will the latter succeed, or will Patty let herself be swayed by Hugh's mother Stella, who is more than she appears to be.
The novel is set during 1966, when Patty is a sixteen-year-old sophomore.
- Patty Halliwell: The Charmed Ones' mother with the power of Molecular Immobilization.
- Penny Halliwell: Patty's mother with the power of Telekinesis.
- Mandy: Patty's friend.
- Rodger Stenstrom: Hugh's father.
- Prue Halliwell: Patty's soon-to-be-born daughter. She was seen in a vision.
- Piper Halliwell: Patty's soon-to-be-born daughter. She was seen in a vision.
- Phoebe Halliwell: Patty's soon-to-be-born daughter. She was seen in a vision.
- Victor Bennett: Patty's future husband. He was seen in a vision.
Book of ShadowsEdit
Advice to Banish A Demon Threatening One's FamilyEdit
- When demons come in human form
- To threaten those you love with harm,
- Wait until the moon's full pow'r,
- And cast your spell at the witching hour.
Guidance to a Banishing SpellEdit
- Take four objects, wrapped in care,
- One for each child you will bear.
- With this bundle, and your spell,
- Cast this demon back to hell.
Spell found in The Book of ShadowsEdit
- Demon in the form of man,
- Leave this quest, this life, this land.
- Return unto your natural form.
- No longer do my loved ones harm.
Patty's Banishing SpellEdit
- Inspired by all three above
- Demon in this kindly form,
- Quit your quest to do me harm.
- Stay no more in this earthly world.
- Back to darkness, you are hurled.
- Molecular Immobilization: Used by Patty.
- Premonition: Indirectly used by Patty to see her future with Prue, Piper, Phoebe, Victor, and Stella.
- Prue, Piper, Phoebe and Paige are not present in the story, but three of them are seen in a vision while the last one is mentioned.
- Victor Bennett is mentioned.
- Unlike in the episode "Witchstock" which included witches and Whitelighters, Grams's Wiccan gatherings include fairies.
- Patty experiences two sets of premonitions, where she finds herself in a hospital room with her husband and three daughters. The first vision is revealed to be sent by a force of evil to trick her, while the latter are sent by good to warn her. The latter is presumed to be Sam Wilder.