Patience was a witch who was in an untreatable comatose state. Prue Halliwell has taken over the body of this witch, and took up running the "Salem Witch House," a tourist attraction in Salem, Massachusetts. Patience also moonlighted as a mentor to newer witches before her body was transformed into the Nexus of the All.
Falling into a Coma
"Patience" fell into a coma after Charon, the Soul Collector stole her soul and ferried it to Hell. After it was confirmed that there was no chance of recovery, Prue, who desperately needed to return to the plane of the living, took over her body and began a new life.
Piper stabs Prue with the Ancient Athame in order to free her from the All and Heremus's influence. This clash of magic creates a miracle that regenerates Patience's body and reviving her. Patience has since become a good friend to the family.
Powers and Abilities
- Basic Powers
- Spell Casting: The ability to cast spells and perform rituals.
- Potion Making: The ability to brew potions.
- Scrying: The ability to locate a person or object by the use of a scrying crystal, a map, and sometimes other tools.
- Mediumship: The ability to see and commune with spirits of the dead.
- The comatose witch's name wasn't "Patience". When a fan tweeted to comic book writer Paul Ruditis about the issue, asking "The witch whose body Prue is possessing… is her name Patience or did Prue make up the name?" he replied "So far as I know, yes. And I think it would be a mighty big coincidence that the girl's name began with a P."
- It is later confirmed that the witch's name is in fact Patience.
Patience has appeared in a total of 3 comic issues throughout the franchise.