Pandora's box contains all the sorrows of the world that can only be released by a guardian or a human being.
Contain the sorrows of the world
Pandora's Box is an ancient magical box that contains all of the sorrows of the world. It is protected by a chosen guardian and can only move onto the next when the current one dies.
Pandora's Box is protected by the current guardian. The guardian's task is to protect the box from Demons opening it—which is impossible anyway—but must open the box if mankind chooses to. However, demons have been known to trick the guardian into releasing the sorrows in the past. While the box can only have one guardian at a time, when the current guardian is close to death, the box will move onto the next guardian on its own accord. If the box is ever open, Pandora's Box will release all the world's sorrows and plunge the Earth into great despair. If the sorrows should ever be released, only a guardian has the strength to recall the sorrows and seal the box again.
Guardians of Pandora's BoxEdit
In each generation, a woman is born with the sole destiny of protecting Pandora's Box. The guardian is the only one with the ability to open the box, release its contents and also the only one whom can recall the contents back into the box. Each guardian also has the task of training the next guardian.
- Pandora: The first guardian of the box.
- Nina: Nina is the first guardian we see. She was killed by Katya before she could train Hope.
- Hope: Hope was a school girl at Berkeley University and best friend of a girl named Darcy. She was destined to be the guardian of Pandora's box after Nina.
Notes and TriviaEdit
- In Greek mythology, it is a box that the Greek god Zeus gave to Pandora, the first woman, with strict instructions that she will not open it. Pandora's curiosity soon got the better of her, and she opened the box. All the evils and miseries of the world flew out to afflict mankind and the world almost came to an end because of this, although there was one last thing at the bottom of the box, hope.
- The box was mentioned twice on the show before it actually appeared.
- When Sandra explained Pandora's Box to Phoebe she said 'it exists only to tempt, part of the Grand Design'.