In March 1975, Nicholas lured Patty Halliwell, the Charmed Ones' mother, to his hotel room when she was pregnant with Phoebe. He had made her believe that Victor, the Charmed Ones' father called her to meet with him. He forced her to give up her daughters' powers to him in return for sparing her life, by making her to bless a ring that gave him immunity to the Charmed Ones' powers. After being tipped off by the grown-up Charmed Ones, Grams cast a spell to bind the Charmed Ones' powers shortly after Phoebe was born for their safety.
Discovering this, Nicholas used his glamouring power to magically age himself and pose as a would-be suitor for Grams. Each year he would appear on the same day with a vase of flowers for her at exactly twelve noon. In the middle of the clock's gong, he would drop the flowers to see if one of the Charmed Ones would freeze it before the vase broke.
When he showed up in 1999, a year after Grams' death, Piper froze the vase just as he dropped it. When he unfroze, he realized that the Charmed Ones had their powers and tried to take them. He was eventually killed via the spell their Grams made up to help them kill him after they went back in time and unblessed the ring.
In late 1999, he was resurrected by Abraxas, a demon of the Astral Plane. Abraxas stole the Book of Shadows and started reversing all the spells in it in an attempt to demonize the sister's powers. When Abraxas recited the Nicholas Must Die spell backwards, Nicholas was brought back from the dead.
Powers and Abilities
- Basic Powers
- Spell Casting: The ability to cast spells and perform rituals.
- Potion Making: The ability to brew magical potions.
- Scrying: The ability to scry for lost objects or people through the use of a map and scrying crystal.
- Active Powers
- Blood Boiling: The ability to increase the temperature of blood to a boiling point, causing intense pain and eventual death.
- Glamouring: The ability to assume another appearance. Nicholas used this ability to make himself appear older.
- Other Powers
- Power Absorption: The ability to absorb the magical powers of other beings. As a warlock, Nicholas could absorb powers through an athame.
- Immunity: The ability to be immune to magical powers, spells and potions. By having Patty Halliwell bless his ring, Nicholas became immune to the powers of the Charmed Ones.
- Immortality: The ability to possess an infinite lifespan and an arrested aging process.
- (Book of Shadows text:)
- Holy Thistle,
- Cleanse this evil from our midst
- Scatter its cells throughout time
- let this Nick no more exist.
- Pour the contents of your spell bag
- in your mortar bowl...
Notes and Trivia
- Nicholas was originally portrayed by Andrew Jackson ("That '70s Episode"). He was replaced by Rick Cramer in his second appearance ("Witch Trial").
Nicholas appeared in a total of 2 episodes throughout the course of the series.
- Season 1
- That '70s Episode
- Season 2
- Witch Trial
|Antagonists of Season 1|
|Jeremy Burns · Javna · Cynda, Marshall and Fritz · Tony Wong · Whitaker Berman · Hecate and her Minions · Kali · Gavin · Matthew Tate · Rex Buckland and Hannah Webster · Guardian of the Urn · Agent Fallon · Barbas · Mickey Jackson · The Woogyman · Gabriel and Helena Statler · Nicholas · Greg and Paul Rowe · Grimlocks · Charon · Jackson Ward · Alec · Inspector Rodriguez · Tempus|
|Antagonists of Season 2|
|Abraxas · Jeremy Burns · Nicholas · The Woogyman · Nathaniel Pratt · Malcolm and Jane Franklin · Masselin · Jeff Carlton · Darla · Tuatha · The Collectors · Water Demon · Ms. Hellfire · Bane Jessup · Barbas · Drazi · Elias Lundy · Snake, Rabbit and the Pig · Anton · P. Russell · Litvack · Spirit Killer · Cryto · Bloody Mary · The Slasher · Demon of Illusion · Libris · Dr. Curtis Williamson · Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse · Dragon Warlock · The Council|