|You call this a vacation?|
Simon & Schuster Children's Publishing
Mystic Knoll is the 28th book of Charmed novels.
All vanquishing and no play makes for tired, grumpy Charmed Ones. Paige decides that what they need is a family getaway. She'd love to explore her witch heritage in Salem, but Phoebe and Piper vote for a relaxing beach trip. Luckily, Leo points out, they can do both. They'll spend a day or two in Salem, then the rest of the time on the beautiful Massachusetts coast.
It seems the girls have gotten a break from evil—but late flights and wrong directions conspire to sidetrack the travelers, and they find themselves hungry, exhausted, and nowhere near Salem. They happen upon a bed-and-breakfast run by a crotchety old woman and her strange, shy granddaughter. They're not your typical innkeepers, and soon Piper, Phoebe, and Paige find that nothing in this small town is typical. It's all a little… well… mystical. It looks like a working holiday for the Charmed Ones!
- Piper Halliwell: The eldest sister with the power of Molecular Immobilization and Molecular Combustion.
- Phoebe Halliwell: The middle sister with the power of Premonition and Levitation.
- Paige Matthews: The youngest half-sister with the power of Telekinetic Orbing and Orbing.
- Leo Wyatt: The Charmed Ones' Whitelighter and Piper's husband. He has the powers of Orbing and Healing.
- Abigail Thornwood: A witch practitioner who cursed her daughter at Mystic Knoll.
- Harriet Thornwood: Abigail's daughter.
- Wyatt Halliwell: Piper and Leo's newborn son. He has powers beyond everyone's comprehension.
- The story takes place during the summer solstice in June. Ironically, another novel (Survival of the Fittest) takes place approximately one week later, but a year earlier.
- Debut appearance of Wyatt Halliwell.