The Montanas supposedly cursed the Callaways with boils in retaliation after the Callaways cursed them with painful scars, though nobody really remembers which family cursed the other first. The feud came to an end when both families realized they were losing more and more of the people they loved because of it, and didn't want anyone else to get hurt. Some of the family members moved away afterwards.
The Montanas resided in a large Victorian house, where they keep a secret storage for magical ingredients, spellbooks and tools for practice of magic. They seem to specialize in potion making, having kept impressively large stores of potion ingredients, along with relying on a plethora of potions to ease the pain brought about by the scars.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
- Basic Powers
- Spell Casting: The ability to cast spells and perform rituals.
- Potion Making: The ability to brew potions.
- Scrying: The ability to locate a person or object by use of a scrying crystal and a map.
- Mediumship: The ability to see and commune with spirits of the dead.
- Active Powers
- Energy Balls: The ability to make and throw balls made of energy.
- Fading: An energy based form of teleportation. Only Richard was shown using this power.
- Conjuration: The ability to materialize objects out of thin air. Only Richard was shown using this power.
- Telekinesis:The ability to move objects and beings with the mind. Only Richard was shown using this power.
- Other Powers
- High Resistance: The ability to be highly resistant to magical and physical harm.
Notable Family MembersEdit
Notes and TriviaEdit
- The Montanas are reminiscent of the Montague family from William Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet; the battle between the Callaways and Montanas also parallels the feud between the Capulets and Montagues from the play.