Michael P. McLafferty
Los Angeles, California, USA
5 September 1972
Michael McLafferty portrayed two characters throughout the series. Alan Stanton in the season 2 episode "She's a Man, Baby, a Man!" and a training instructor in the season 8 episode "Malice in Wonderland."
Michael was raised in Oahu, Hawaii, until the age of 7; he then lived in Englewood, Colorado, and moved to southern Maine when he was 13. After graduating from Marshwood H.S. in Eliot, Maine, an Academic All-American, he attended the United States Merchant Marine Academy in Kings Point, New York. He studied engineering, played football, ran track, and explored Manhattan every chance he got. Fashion photographer Bruce Weber discovered Michael and used him in multiple shoots for Ralph Lauren. It was at the first shoot in Miami where Michael chose the road less traveled and he has been acting ever since. He got his first acting coach, Geoffrey Horne, from a chance meeting with Mickey Rourke in Miami the day he resigned from school. He took Mickey's advice; he has continued to study acting and will forever be researching the human experience.
- Days of Our Lives
- The Ex List
- Is part Hawaiian.
- His grandparents met during WWII; she was a native, and he was an enlisted sailor in the Navy.
- Has been surfing since the age of 3.
- Has driven from LA to New York City in 41 hours non-stop.
- Ran the 4x100m and the 4x200m at the Penn Relays.
- Sailed through 80' to 100' seas while crossing the North Atlantic in the middle of January of 1992.
- It's unknown if the character Michael played in Season 8, is Alan or not. Although, it's quite possible that "Alan" may have changed jobs since Season 2.
- He is the only performer to have been romantic with both Prue Halliwell and Paige Matthews for a short-time of period.