Merlin is an exceedingly powerful druid who appeared in the novel The Legacy of Merlin. He was mentioned in the episodes "We're Off to See the Wizard" and "Sword and the City", though whether or not he actually existed in the series remains a mystery.
In The Legacy of Merlin, Merlin is presented as the most powerful Druid of all time. He was also the advisor to King Arthur. He lived in a high tower, protected by magic, in Camelot which can be accessed from the castle's hall.
He was married to Nyfein the Enchantress, also sometimes known as "Viviane" and "Nimue", and that he would have a son with her named Niall. Soon after Niall was born, his wife imprisoned him with her in a castle of magical glass and Niall was adopted by a noble family close to King Arthur whose parentage was kept a secret from everyone.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
- Basic Powers
- Spell Casting: The ability to cast spells and perform rituals.
- Potion Making: The ability to brew magical potions.
- Scrying: The ability to locate another being or object with the use of a map and a crystal.
- Mediumship: The ability to see and commune with spirits of the dead.
- Active Powers
- Premonition: The ability to perceive visions of future and past events. Merlin could foresee the future of Camelot, but not his own future.
- Through his Staff
- Gravity Control: The ability to manipulate gravity.
- Energy Blast: The ability to emit blasts of energy.
- Power Negation: The ability to negate the powers of others.
Notes and TriviaEdit
- Merlin collected many parchments of spells and objects, including one that allowed translation between languages.
- In "We're Off to See the Wizard", the Wizard states that Merlin is "an overrated hack" whereas in "Sword and the City", Mordaunt claimed he never existed.
Merlin has appeared in a total of 1 non-canonical novel throughout the franchise.