Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Matthew Nile Ashford
Davenport, Iowa, USA
January 29, 1960
Matthew Nile Ashford was born on January 29th, 1960, in Davenport, Iowa. He comes from a rather large family being the sixth of eight children; David, Teresa, Jeffrey, Phil, Randy, Matthew, Susie and Sally. When Matthew was 13 years old the family moved to Fairfax, VA, where he became heavily involved in the high-school drama program. Upon graduation, he enrolled in the top-ranked North Carolina School of the Arts in Winston-Salem, NC. During the summer months, Matt worked in Myrtle Beach as a street performer with a buddy from school. They called themselves the Ragamuffin Magic & Mime Company, rode unicycles, juggled, and even wore red rubber noses!
Matthew is most well known for portraying "Jack Devereaux" on the US soap, Days of Our Lives".
- Spokesperson for Retinoblastoma International, an organization the Ashfords were instrumental in forming after his daughter Emma was diagnosed with the rare form of infant eye cancer, from which she is now in remission.
- Worked many odd jobs in order to attend the North Carolina School of the Arts in Winston-Salem, North Carolina. After college graduation, Matt moved to New York City.
- In his spare time, enjoys hiking, camping, having outdoor adventures, and above all, being with his family.
- Matthew holds a US/Canada dual citizenship. His father was born in Canada. He has relatives in Manitoba, Saskatchewan and B.C.
Selected Television and FilmographyEdit
- The Unlikely's - (2011)
- 90210 - (2010)
- Days of Our Lives - (1989-2007)
- Charmed - (1998)