|Season 6, Episode 9|
|Piper learns more about the Demon they killed.|
|Air date||November 16, 2003|
|Written by||Julie Hess|
|Directed by||James L. Conway|
|Eric Dane||Jason Dean|
|Armando Pucci||Wine Captain|
|Brady Smith||SWAT Commander|
Sword and the City
|For a complete plot of Little Monsters, go here.|
After vanquishing a demon, the Charmed Ones find a baby, left by the demon. When they find out the baby is a Manticore baby, they don't know what to do with him. Then, Piper gets kidnapped by a beast who wanted to get the baby. Phoebe and Paige make a deal with the Manticores to get Piper back and defeat the beast, when Piper finds out the beast isn't as evil as she thought he was. Meanwhile, Darryl asks Paige for magical help.
Characters in bold appear for the first time in the series.
Book of ShadowsEdit
- Vicious demons with supernatural
- strength and venomous claws. Manticores
- communicate in high pitched cries and
- tend to travel in packs.
Paige cast this spell on Darryl to make him invincible. The spell had a side effect as it also gave Darryl the power of Super Strength, causing him to destroy several things in his environment.
- Blessed with powers from my destiny,
- I bless this hero with invincibility.
- Phoebe and Paige made Vanquishing Potions for the Manticores.
- Empathy: Used by Phoebe to feel Jason's emotions and to sense whether to baby was good or evil.
- Orbing: Type of Teleportation used by Paige, Chris, Wyatt and Leo.
- Elasticity: Used by Manticores to stretch their tongue.
- Hyper Speed: Type of Transportation used by Manticores.
- Molecular Combustion: Used by Piper when she tried to blow up a Manticore and Derek (as the Beast) and to blow up the rope around her hands. She also destroyed Derek's force field around his house with it.
- Telekinetic Orbing: Used by Paige to hit the Manticore with a power line.
- Enhanced Senses: Used by Derek (as the Beast) to smell traces of his baby and to hear the baby's sonic scream.
- Shimmering: Type of Teleportation used by the Manticore Baby.
- Sonic Scream: Used by the Manticore baby to contact other Manticores.
- Shimmer-Fading: Type of Teleportation used by Derek (as the Beast) and Manticores.
- Super Strength: Used by Darryl (after Paige cast a spell on him) and by Derek (as the Beast) and Manticores to fight.
- Force Field: Used by Wyatt to protect himself and the Manticore Baby against Derek (as the Beast). Derek, as the Beast, also created a force field around his house.
- Healing: Used by Leo to heal Derek.
Notes and TriviaEdit
- The alternate name of the episode is "Hot Mamas".
- The original air date for this episode was November 16, 2003. A year later, Chris Halliwell was born on this day.
- This is the only episode where Darryl gains powers.
- Paige uses the phrase "raison d'être," which means "reason for being." This becomes a theme for Paige, and she uses the phrase again later in the season.
- This is the first time that the top of the Golden Gate Bridge appears in the show.
- Piper taking care of the beasts wound is reminiscent of a scene from the Disney movie Beauty and the Beast.
- There is another reference to Chris being Leo and Piper's son when Leo says "I'm a father first", the camera shows Chris smile.
- Piper says she doesn't see her self having anymore kids anytime soon but she gets pregnant with Chris just a few months later.
- Piper appears to break the forth wall for the second, but not the last time, as she says "I ad lib a lot." to the Beast.
- When Paige and Phoebe are knocked over by the large monster, the rug moves itself from being spread across the floor to scrunched up under them between shots.
- French: Instinct Paternel (Paternal Instinct)
- Italian: Piccolo mostro (Little Monster)
- Czech: Malí čertíci (Little Devils)
- Slovak: Malá obluda (Little Moster)
- Russian: Krasavitsa yi tchudovishche (Beauty & the Beast)
- Spanish (Spain and Latin America): Pequeños monstruos
- German: Kleine Monster (Little Monsters)
Behind The ScenesEdit
Sword and the City
|Episodes: Season 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10|