Kerr Van Cleve Smith
Exton, Pennsylvania, U.S.
March 9, 1972
- "I haven't even played my real age yet. I think the highest I've played is 26."
- —Kerr on his movie and flim roles.
Kerr Van Cleve Smith (born March 9, 1972) is an American actor best known for playing Jack McPhee on The WB drama series Dawson's Creek and more recently Axel Palmer in My Bloody Valentine 3D. He is also known for portraying Carter Horton in Final Destination and Ryan Thomas in The CW drama series, Life Unexpected. Kerr grew up in the Philadelphia suburb of Exton, Pennsylvania. During his senior year of high school, he made his first dramatic performance playing Sir Edward Ramsey in his school's production of The King and I. He then attended the University of Vermont, where he received a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration.
After graduating, Kerr returned to Exton to start a marketing firm with his father, a financial advisor. When he discovered that he enjoyed making the presentations more than the actual business, he decided to move to New York and pursue acting.
Smith began acting with roles on As the World Turns as Teddy Hughes from 1996 to 1997, the films Final Destination (2000) and a cameo in The Broken Hearts Club (2000), written and directed by Dawson's Creek writer Greg Berlanti and as a guest star in the WB's hit show Charmed as Agent Kyle Brody- a love interest for the fourth sister, Paige. When he first appeared as Jack McPhee in the second season of the WB's Dawson's Creek, Smith portrayed a sixteen-year-old high school student; in reality, the actor was twenty-six. Smith was thirty-one when the series ended its six-year run in 2003.
Smith was the last person to ever be pranked on the MTV show, Punk'd. In 2007, he appeared in several episodes of the popular TV series CSI: NY as Andrew "Drew" Bedford, the 333 stalker. Kerr Smith currently plays Ryan Thomas on the CW's new, critically acclaimed Life Unexpected. He was the first man to have an on-screen gay kiss on U.S. television, in season three of Dawson's Creek.
- Hit and Runway (1999)
- Lucid Days in Hell (1999)
- The Broken Hearts Club: A Romantic Comedy (2000)
- Final Destination (2000)
- The Forsaken (2001)
- Pressure (2002)
- Cruel Intentions 3 (2004)
- Road Kill (2004)
- My Bloody Valentine 3D (2009)
- As the World Turns (1996-1997)
- Baywatch (1998)
- Dawson's Creek (1998-2003)
- CSI: Crime Scene Investigation (2000)
- The Outer Limits (2002)
- Critical Assembly (2003)
- Miss Match (2003)
- Silver Lake (2004)
- Charmed (2004-2005)
- CSI: Miami (2005)
- The Closer (2005)
- E-Ring (2005-2006)
- Justice (2006-2007)
- CSI:NY (2007)
- Eli Stone (2008-2009)
- The Forgotten (2009)
- Life Unexpected (2010-2011)
- NCIS (2011)
- Just like his co-star, Rose McGowan, his favorite episode of Charmed was Charmed Noir.
- Graduated with a BSc in business admin (accounting)
- Is a certified pilot
- Taught himself the piano and still plays
- Loves skiing and golf
- Used to smoke
- Loves Star Trek Voyager and Star Trek: The Next Generation
- Kerr Smith's likeness has been used in the Charmed Comics.
- Is often mistaken for Julian McMahon, who portrayed Cole Turner.
- Aside for T.W. King and Chris Boyd (The Unaired Pilot), Brian Krause (as Leo Wyatt) and Kerr Smith (as Kyle Brody) were originally tried for the role of Andy Trudeau.
|The Kerr Smith article has a Photo Gallery.|