Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
29 November 1975
Julian Ovenden was born in 1975, in Sheffield, England and was raised in Sussex, Cambridge and Primrose Hill. He is the son of the Chaplain to the Queen of England. He grew up a musically gifted child in London, England and at the age of 7, received a scholarship to sing in the choir at St. Paul’s Cathedral and by 13 was awarded a music scholarship to Eton College. From Eton he attended Oxford University on a choral scholarship where he directed the baroque opera King Arthur and toured America in a production of As You Like It. Upon graduation from Oxford he attended The Webber-Douglas Academy of Performing Arts in London where he was awarded an Arts Council Scholarship. He is currently best known for his part in the television series Foyle's War.
In 2010, Julian began work on Workshops for the musical adaptation of Helen Fielding's Bridget Jones's Diary, playing the role of womanizer Daniel Cleaver. He is expected to appear in the role in the Original London Cast when the show opens in the West End sometime in 2011, though nothing has been confirmed. He also sang in the BBC Television Proms Music and Songs from Rodgers and Hammerstein.
- The Royal
- Cashmere Mafia
- Foyle's War
- The Forsyte Saga
- Masterpiece Theatre
- Julian is a Grade 8 level Trumpet, Trombone and Piano player.
- He has an exceptional Tenor Voice ranging from B flat below mid C to Top C.
- He has 35 recordings with Erato, Collins Classical & Hyperion
- He is skilled in stage combat, fencing, football, skiing (advanced), swimming, horse riding, and golf.
- Julian is 5 feet 10 inches (1.78 meters) tall.
- He once starred in a Diet Coke advertisement in the UK, which garnered him a massive female fanbase.
- He looked set to have a career in music until he chose to study at the Webber Douglas Academy of Dramatic Art to learn more about stagecraft.
- His father, Canon John Ovenden, is a chaplain to the Queen of England, and used to be a priest in Primrose Hills in London.