James Callaway was a witch and a member of the Callaway Family. For generations, his family was involved in a feud with the Montana Family. His daughter Olivia, who was engaged to Richard Montana, was tragically killed in a crossfire between the families.
After Olivia was killed, she returned as a vengeful spirit because her death was not avenged. She reignited the feud by attacking her own family, making it seem like the Montana family was responsible. She attacked the moment Paige Matthews was at her family home for a temp job, causing the Charmed Ones to get involved.
After Piper discovered Paige was not attacked with an Energy Ball, but a Plasma Ball, the sisters gathered both families and performed a seance. Once summoned, Olivia revealed the truth about her death, that she was killed by Steve Montana, Richard's brother. This caused another fight between the families.
When the two families engaged in a fight, Richard was knocked out. Olivia then revealed that she had possessed Paige and orbed him away. She entombed them both in a crypt, so they could be together in death. The families then finally made peace and revealed the location of the crypt to the Charmed Ones. After Olivia left her body, Paige was able to convince Olivia to move on.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
- Basic Powers
- Spell Casting: The ability to cast spells and perform rituals.
- Potion Making: The ability to brew potions.
- Scrying: The ability to locate people or objects through the use of a map, a scrying crystal, and sometimes other tools.
- Mediumship: The ability to see and commune with spirits of the dead.
- Active Powers
- Energy Balls: The ability to throw spheres of magical energy.
- Other Powers
- High Resistance: The ability to be highly resistant to potentially lethal powers such as fireballs.
Notes and TriviaEdit
- James Callaway is a character based on Lord Capulet in Romeo and Juliet by Shakespeare.
James Callaway appeared in a total of 1 episode over the course of the series.
- Season 6
- Love's a Witch