1928; San Francisco, CA
To kill the jury that sentenced him to death
Alcatraz Island (formerly)
Jackson Ward (1928 - 1963) was a mortal serial killer executed at Alcatraz Island, leaving his spirit trapped on the island while his ashes were buried in Palo Alto. His unfinished business was that he desired revenge against the people that trialed and convicted him.
To escape from Alcatraz, a soul collector aided him by explaining that Jackson needed to find a body that he could possess. In 1999, Jackson decided to take possession over a tour guide after the collector killed him, though he was spotted by Phoebe Halliwell, who was touring the prison with her friend, Marianne.
Jackson successfully escaped the island and sought his revenge on the people responsible for sentencing him. When Jackson murdered the presiding judge, he unknowingly left an ectoplasmic finger print on the weapon. Jackson tried to kill others, but Prue and Phoebe intervened with a spell that lured him to the manor, where Prue ultimately defeated him, allowing Charon to take his soul as replacement to a witch's.
Powers and Abilities
- Active Powers
- Possession: The ability to enter the bodies of other beings and take control of them.
- Corporealization: The ability to become tangible enough to touch objects in the physical world.
- Other Powers
- Invisibility: The ability to become unseen by the naked eye. As a spirit, Jackson was naturally invisible to mortals.
- Intangibility: The ability to phase through solid objects. As a spirit, Jackson could do so naturally.
To Vanquish a Ghost
- This spell can only be cast by another spirit.
- Ashes to ashes,
- Spirit to spirit.
- Take his soul,
- Banish this evil.
Notes and Trivia
- While in the mausoleum, Phoebe makes a reference to Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Jeff Kober portrayed two villains in a total of 4 episodes of Buffy.
Jackson Ward appeared in a total of 1 episode throughout the course of the series.
|Charmed, Season 1|
|#01||"Something Wicca This Way Comes"||#09||"The Witch is Back"||#17||"That '70s Episode"|
|#02||"I've Got You Under My Skin"||#10||"Wicca Envy"||#18||"When Bad Warlocks Go Good"|
|#03||"Thank You For Not Morphing"||#11||"Feats of Clay"||#19||"Out of Sight"|
|#04||"Dead Man Dating"||#12||"The Wendigo"||#20||"The Power of Two"|
|#05||"Dream Sorcerer"||#13||"From Fear to Eternity"||#21||"Love Hurts"|
|#06||"The Wedding from Hell"||#14||"Secrets and Guys"||#22||"Déjà Vu All Over Again"|
|#07||"The Fourth Sister"||#15||"Is There a Woogy in the House?"|
|#08||"The Truth is Out There... and It Hurts"||#16||"Which Prue is It, Anyway?"|