Isis was a powerful evil witch from Ancient Egypt. She fell in love with a demon named Jeric after saving him from spending eternity as a mummy. When Isis was flayed to death by his enemies, Jeric trapped her soul before it could pass into the afterlife, hoping to restore her to life.
Jeric spent centuries trying to find a body that could host Isis's soul permanently. However, the hosts' bodies would rapidly burn out; one body can't handle having two souls in it. When time ran out, Jeric would mummify the host and keep Isis's soul in a beetle-shaped brooch, which he used to transfer her soul in a new body.
In 2002, Jeric and Isis arrived in the United States hoping to find a powerful witch, so Isis could tap into her power and send the original soul to the afterlife. After killing five witches, they surfaced in San Francisco with Isis inhabiting the body of Sandra.
Jeric later captured Phoebe Halliwell and transferred Isis's soul into her body. However, they quickly realized that her body burned out faster than the others; an exceptionally powerful witch burns out faster when her body has two souls in it. After learning what had happened, Cole offered his help in transfering Isis to the body of Paige, so Cole could get Phoebe back.
Cole and Jeric forced Piper to sacrifice one of her sisters in order to save the other. Phoebe was mummified, and Isis, who was in Paige's body, was the only one who knew how to demummify a person. Piper seemingly chose to save Phoebe by expelling Paige's soul, though she secretly expelled Isis' instead. Using Isis' knowledge, Paige then demummified Phoebe and Piper vanquished Jeric.
Powers and Abilities
- Basic Powers
- Spell Casting: The ability to cast spells and perform rituals.
- Potion Making: The ability to brew potions.
- Scrying: The ability to scry for lost objects or beings with a crystal, a map, and sometimes other tools.
- Mediumship: The ability to see and commune with spirits of the dead.
- Dromos wabet khufu nemes akh
To Expel Isis's Spirit
- This spell was written by Piper and required the Power of Three.
- Two warring souls now burn inside
- where only one can reside.
- I call upon the Power of Three
- to save the body and set Paige free.
Notes and Trivia
- Isis is presumably based on the Isis of Egyptian mythology. She was a goddess of health, marriage and love and patroness of nature and magic.
Isis appeared in a total of 1 episode throughout the course of the series.
|Charmed, Season 5|
|#01||"A Witch's Tail, Part 1"||#09||"Sam, I Am"||#17||"Lucky Charmed"|
|#02||"A Witch's Tail, Part 2"||#10||"Y Tu Mummy Tambien"||#18||"Cat House"|
|#03||"Happily Ever After"||#11||"The Importance of Being Phoebe"||#19||"Nymphs Just Wanna Have Fun"|
|#04||"Siren Song"||#12||"Centennial Charmed"||#20||"Sense and Sense Ability"|
|#05||"Witches in Tights"||#13||"House Call"||#21||"Necromancing the Stone"|
|#06||"The Eyes Have It"||#14||"Sand Francisco Dreamin'"||#22||"Oh My Goddess! Part 1"|
|#07||"Sympathy for the Demon"||#15||"The Day the Magic Died"||#23||"Oh My Goddess! Part 2"|
|#08||"A Witch In Time"||#16||"Baby's First Demon"|