|A dark cloud is gathering over the Sunshine State…|
Simon & Schuster Children's Publishing
- A woman in peril, a storm prolonged —
- Consequences of a spell gone wrong.
- Come together, quell the anger —
- Unite to save a friend in danger!
Despite the fact that it's hurricane season, Phoebe, Piper and Paige decide to take a trip to the Sunshine State. After spending a few days at Phoebe's advice column seminar in Orlando, the Charmed Ones head a few miles north to pay a visit to Sharon Grant, Paige's best friend from college. They arrive just as a hurricane in South Florida changes course and starts heading towards them.
The three sisters soon discover that the dangerous storm isn't their only worry—it seems that Sharon has taken up practicing folk magic with a quirky neighbor who has an unhealthy obsession with Florida folklore. Aware that large storms can affect magic in mysterious and catastrophic ways, the Charmed Ones must batten down the hatches and convince their hostess and her friend to stop casting spells before they find themselves trapped in the eye of a real mess.
- Piper Halliwell: The eldest sister with the powers of Molecular Immobilization and Molecular Combustion.
- Phoebe Halliwell: The middle sister with the powers of Premonition and Levitation.
- Paige Matthews: The youngest half-sister with the powers of Telekinetic Orbing and Orbing.
- Leo Wyatt: The Charmed Ones' Whitelighter and Piper's husband. He has the powers of Orbing and Healing.
- Sharon Grant: Paige's friend from college. Was as slim as she had been in college, and she glowed with a golden tan. She had brown eyes and natural sun-bleached highlights in her long blond hair. Has a thing for painting like Paige. Married to Ben Grant. Dabs in folk magic with Margaret before she learns her lesson.
- Ben Grant: Sharon's husband. He was six feet tall with wavy dark hair and arresting blue eyes. Casual tan slacks and a light blue short-sleeve shirt hung perfectly on his lean yet muscular frame. His handsome tanned face was unmarred by creases except around his eyes when he smiled. Does not believe in magic. Tries to tell his wife to stop dabbing in magic as it might bring on unfortunate consequences.
- Agnes Finney: Neighbour of the Grants and Margaret Olsen. A petite, demure, and soft-spoken. Widow of Frank Finney. Does not believe in magic. Has a white toy poodle named 'Poncho'. Innocent saved.
- Margaret Olsen: An elderly woman who dabs in folk magic with Sharon. Tall and heavy-set with a gravelly voice that matched her gruff persona. Fifty-two years old. Never married. Retired schoolteacher.
- Wyatt Halliwell: Piper and Leo's firstborn son. He has powers beyond everyone's comprehension.
- Poncho: Agnes's poodle.
- Frank Finney: Agnes's deceased husband.
- Mrs. Newmark: Phoebe's third grade teacher who was notorious among students for her intimidating stare.
- Betty: Leo's charge back in 1960.
- A lock of hair from the intended target.
- Bound by blood and ivy vine,
- These from now will only mind
- Their own business,
- Not yours or mine.
To Reverse the Storm Stalling Spell
- Power of Three spell. All three sisters must stand at one point of the chalk pentagram designed to stall a storm, connected to one another through vines. Once the spell is spoken, the pentagram must be erased in reverse order as it was drawn.
- On the Power of Three
- The spell breaks easy and free.
Notes and Trivia
- Phoebe's third grade teacher is a certain Mrs. Newmark, who was notorious among students for her intimidating stare.
- Leo had a charge named Betty back in 1960.
- Dutch: Heksen in de storm (Witches in the storm)