Harpies are demons with roots in Greek mythology. Over centuries they have evolved into a powerful clan of vicious, elite female demons. Harpies follow their queen through her trials tribulations to gain more footing in the demonic ranks of The Underworld.
These leather-clad warriors attack their intended innocent with the ability to shoot laser bolts. They also possess sharp, talon-like claws, which they use to shred flesh. Immune to the powers of witches, the Harpies also possess excellent fighting skills, and can only be vanquished by The Power of Three.
A Harpy attacked Piper Halliwell and Paige Matthews in the manor. While Piper fought off the Harpy, Paige orbed Phoebe to the manor in order to use The Power of Three to vanquish the Harpy. However, the Harpy managed to injure Phoebe by throwing her into a mirror. Piper then kicked the Harpy and the sisters cast the vanquishing spell, destroying the Harpy.
The following morning, Cole was furious to find out his wife had been injured and ordered his assistant Julie to bring the leader before him. However, Julie delivered the message herself by slicing off the leader's claw and bringing it to Cole.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
- Active Powers
- Smoking: The ability to teleport through smoke.
- Laser Bolts: The ability to fire bolts of highly concentrated energy that can cut through materials and cause combustion.
- Super Strength: The ability to possess strength beyond humanly possible.
- Other Powers
- High Resistance: The ability to be highly resistant to physical and magical harm.
- Immunity: The ability to be immune to certain powers, spells or potions. Harpies are immune to the individual powers of witches.
To Vanquish a HarpyEdit
(Requires The Power of Three)
- Claws of pain, We have to sever,
- Demon, you are gone forever.
Notes and TriviaEdit
- It is implied that the Harpies have an entry in the Book of Shadows.
- The harpies have a long lasting feud with the Grimlocks. When Cole Turner became the new Source of All Evil, he held a meeting where both the Harpy leader and a Grimlock were present. The Harpy leader mentioned that the Grimlocks tried to vanquish them a week before.
- The actress who played the Harpy attacking the Charmed Ones also played a Pool Player in the season 6 episode, "Witch Wars".
Harpies have appeared in a total of 1 episode over the course of the series.
|Charmed, Season 4|
|#01||"Charmed Again, Part 1"||#09||"Muse to My Ears"||#17||"Saving Private Leo"|
|#02||"Charmed Again, Part 2"||#10||"A Paige from the Past"||#18||"Bite Me"|
|#03||"Hell Hath No Fury"||#11||"Trial by Magic"||#19||"We're Off to See the Wizard"|
|#04||"Enter the Demon"||#12||"Lost and Bound"||#20||"Long Live the Queen"|
|#05||"Size Matters"||#13||"Charmed and Dangerous"||#21||"Womb Raider"|
|#06||"A Knight to Remember"||#14||"The Three Faces of Phoebe"||#22||"Witch Way Now?"|
|#08||"Black as Cole"||#16||"The Fifth Halliwheel"|