|Guardian of the Urn|
Protecting the Urn
Rightful owner of the Urn
The Guardian of the Urn is a magical being that protects a priceless Egyptian Urn, once owned by an ancient wizard. When the wizard died, a curse was placed on the urn. When the urn is stolen, the Guardian kills the thieves as punishment for their crime and feeds off their greed. The Guardian only wishes to kill those responsible for the theft, though she will eliminate all those that stand in her way. The only way to break her curse is to perform a selfless act.
- "You are being punished for your greed."
- —The Guardian to those cursed.[src]
Clay brought the urn to San Francisco and talked his ex-girlfriend, Phoebe, into convincing her sister to auction it off. The Guardian confronted Palmer at his hotel and asked where the urn was. She then proceeded to kill him with a scorpion. Meanwhile, Prue discovered the urn was cursed and informed her sisters.
The Guardian next confronted Clay and the sisters at Buckland Auction House. When the sisters defended Clay and ran, the Guardian decided that more people needed to die.
In order to protect Phoebe, Clay went to urn so she would be spared. When the sisters arrived, a snake conjured by the Guardian tried to bite Phoebe, though Clay risked his life to protect her. Because of this selfless act, Clay was redeemed by the Guardian, who then returned to the urn and restored it to its rightful place.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
- Active Powers
- Smoke-Fading: The ability to teleport through a combination of Smoking and Fading.
- Transformation: The ability to transform objects and beings into something else. The Guardian of the Urn possessed the power to transform the glyphs on the Urn into real poisonous animals.
- Sensing: The ability to locate and find those who steal the urn.
- Other Powers
- Immortality: The ability to have an infinite lifespan and an arrested aging process.
- High Resistance: The power to be resistant to potentially lethal powers.
Notes and TriviaEdit
- It is unknown what kind of being the Guardian is, though she is most likely a type of Spirit.
- Much like the Furies, the Guardians only hunt those who have committed crimes.
- The Guardian punishes the greedy. Greed is one of the Seven Deadly Sins. The curse was also broken by a selfless act, much like required to free onself from sin.
The Guardian of the Urn appeared in a total of 1 episode throughout the course of the series.
- Season 1
- Feats of Clay
|Antagonists of Season 1|
|Jeremy Burns · Javna · Cynda, Marshall and Fritz · Tony Wong · Whitaker Berman · Hecate and her Minions · Kali · Gavin · Matthew Tate · Rex Buckland and Hannah Webster · Guardian of the Urn · Agent Fallon · Barbas · Mickey Jackson · The Woogyman · Gabriel and Helena Statler · Nicholas · Greg and Paul Rowe · Grimlocks · Charon · Jackson Ward · Alec · Inspector Rodriguez · Tempus|