Guardians of evil mortals
Guardians are demons that possesses mortal criminals to help them spread evil. They appear as partially transparent balding men in dark robes, beards, and a rune on their forehead.
They possess human criminals and compel them to carve a demonic rune into an innocent's forehead, usually with an athame. The Guardian then leaves the possessed to absorb the soul of the victim through the rune. To vanquish a Guardian, the rune on their forehead must be pierced with a stake or other sharp object.
In 2000, a demon who had taken the name Judge William Hamilton was assigning Guardians to various criminals in San Francisco, including Emilio Smith. Emilio killed at least one young woman in an alley, and tried to kill Darryl. Prue threw Emilio at a dumpster and the Guardian left him. She then vanquished him by sending a metal rod into the rune on his forehead. Prue later vanquished another Guardian given to Emilio that was trying to kill Cole Turner in the San Francisco Police Department parking lot by sending an athame through the rune on its forehead.
The Judge had several Guardians possess the other courtroom officials, including Public Defender Alan Sloan, in order to cover up his plan. The Guardians gave the court officials superior strength and fighting ability when they battled hand-to-hand with the Charmed Ones. Eventually the mortals were knocked out, and left the possessed to re-merge with the Judge. The Judge, and those guardians with him, were incinerated by Cole Turner.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
- Intangibility: The ability to be able to pass through solid matter.
- Possession: The ability control the bodies of other beings by inserting themselves into the bodies of whoever they're assigned to protect.
- Soul Absorption: The ability to absorb the souls of the deceased.
- Suggestion: The ability to command others what to do. Guardians do this to protect evil mortals.
- Sensing: The ability to be able to sense the location of other beings.
- Adjusting: The ability to be able to fight through inhibitory molecular abilities.
- (Book of Shadows text:)
- This symbol of darkness
- indicates the presence
- of a great evil.
- An opening by which demons
- known as the Guardians
- steal an innocent soul.
- In exchange, the Guardian
- offers protection
- of the mortal evil
- during his time on earth.
- To vanquish a guardian
- from whence it came
- you must impale it
- at its source of power.
Guardians appeared in a total of 1 episode throughout the course of the series.
- Season 3
- The Honeymoon's Over
|Antagonists of Season 3|
|Emilio Smith · William Hamilton · Guardians · The Boss and his minions · Trolls · Grimlocks · Belthazor · Ruth Cobb · Abbey · Troxa · Vinceres · Andras · The Triad · Krell · Kierkan · Terra · Ari, Freckles and Jersey · The Nothing · Eames · Kellman and his Wrestlers· Tom Peters · Dantalian · Zile · Prue, Piper and Phoebe Halliwell · Sutter · Jack · The Seekers · Shadow · Lukas · Brotherhood of the Thorn · Banshee · Shax · Alice Hicks · The Source of All Evil|