Transforms the owner into a typical housewife
This ring was owned by Penny Halliwell. She cursed it in the late twentieth century, after four failed marriages and six failed engagements, to transform the wearer into a traditional suburban housewife.
Penny did this to remind herself what she hated about being married should she ever be engaged again. The ring's inscription reads: "To gain another, to lose yourself." If the possessor of the ring wears the ring long enough, she will be transformed into typical housewife; wanting to stay home to cook, clean and please her husband and other guests she may have.
In 2001, Phoebe Halliwell was given the ring by Cole after he proposed marriage to her. Cole didn't know about the curse. She accepted and put the ring on and was transformed into one of her greatest fears, a classic -style 60's housewife or "housewitch", exhibiting the above-mentioned characteristics, rather staying home and cooking than vanquishing an impending demonic threat. Within hours she turned black-and-white.
In 2006, Piper affected by the ring's curse when Dumain and the Triad used it in an attempt to destroy the Charmed Ones hoping to keep them preoccupied to influence other magical beings that the Charmed Ones were more preoccupied with themselves than saving protecting the innocent from evil. The ring is one of several things Grams had cursed or charm, another example would be her red go-go boots, which takes the wearer to the late 60's, early 70's, as it did to Phoebe.
- (Billie Jenkins' Book of Shadows text:)
Gram's Ring Edit
- A family heirloom of the
- Halliwell line handed down
- most recently to Phoebe
- for her marriage to Cole.
- The ring is inscribed with
- "To gain another is to lose yourself"
- and was cursed by Grams to
- remind herself never to get
- married again.
- Wearing the ring causing its
- wearer to outwardly become
- their subconscious image
- of the perfect housewife.
- Removing this ring lifts the
- curse but the wearer will
- not willingly do so or allow
- it be taken.
- Last seen Phoebe dumped
- it down the bathtub drain...
- The ring was presented to Penny by her first husband Allen Halliwell; it was stated the ring has been in the Halliwell family for generations; however, it may have actually been passed down from Penny's mother P. Baxter. As Cole did with Phoebe, Allen may have obtained the ring from Baxter, reminiscent of how the family likes to pass things down in matriarchal fashion.
- When Piper was affected with the ring, she gained Super Speed. It remains unknown if Phoebe also gained this power when she had the ring on.
- Phoebe tossed the ring down the bathtub drain, yet, Dumain managed to retrieve it five years later.