Married to P. Baxter
Penny Halliwell (daughter)
Gordon Johnson (September 1895—1965) was a mortal, husband of P. Baxter, and father of Penelope Johnson. Born in September 1895, Baxter left her boyfriend in order to be with him, though had an affair with him behind his back before they were married. He worked as a pianist in a small band at the speakeasy run by his wife and her cousins, P. Bowen and P. Russell. He died in 1965 at the age of seventy when his granddaughter, Patricia, was fifteen.
- "Stop it, we can't do this any more."
- —Baxter to her ex-boyfriend.[src]
Gordon was born into a mortal family in September, 1895. At an unknown time, he met a witch named P. Baxter and they fell in love. In fact, Baxter left her boyfriend to be with him. However, during their relationship, Gordon was cheated on when Baxter had an affair with her ex.
At some point, Gordon and Baxter married, ending her tryst with her ex-boyfriend. By then, the two of them were living at the house that Baxter's mother and father had built, and Gordon worked as a pianist in a band at the speakeasy that Baxter held there with her cousins, P. Bowen and P. Russell.
- Russell: "Would you tell your husband to play something different? I'm bored with this old song."
- Baxter: "Don't worry about her, baby. Just keep playing."
- Gordon: "Anything for you."
- — Gordon and Baxter annoying Russell.[src]
Gordon was, apparently, in on Baxter and Bowen's plan to kill Russell. This is likely because, after his wife took the curse off of his piano, he watched her leave towards the other cousins. He later stared at Russell intently. The fact that Baxter took the spell from Gordon's piano may imply that he obtained it, unless it was just a hiding place.
Later that same day, Gordon saw Anton, Russell's boyfriend who the cousins had outed as a warlock, strangling Baxter, and grabbed a clarinet to knock him off of her. His attack made little difference, as Anton was unharmed and threw him across the room, knocking him outcold.
In 1929, Gordon got Baxter pregnant. In June the following year, the couple were in a hotel room in Boston, Massachusetts when Baxter went into labor. Through a breach birth, the two had a daughter, who they named Penelope. In 1943, thirteen years later, Baxter gave birth to Gordon's son who was named Gordon in honour of his father. Unlike his sister, he was non-magical, and later married Francine Bowen.
In 1965, Gordon died at the age of seventy due to unknown circumstances. After his death, Gordon was reincarnated as Dan Gordon, the ex-boyfriend of Baxter's future life, Piper Halliwell. Gordon's piano was kept in the parlor of his house, known as Halliwell Manor after Penny and Allen began living there.
To Phoebe Halliwell's eyes while in Russell's body, due to her recognizing his soul, Gordon looked exactly like his future incarnation, Dan Gordon, with brown eyes and brown hair that was slicked back. At the speakeasy, he wore a suit and had a white rose pinned to his chest.
Personality and TraitsEdit
Gordon did not appear to be very happy by 1924, possibly because of his wife and Bowen's plans to kill Russell. He did not appear to like the latter, glaring at her from the piano before Baxter took the curse. He seemed to love his wife very much, trying to get Anton off of her while he was strangling her, despite not standing a chance against a warlock.
- "We can't do this any more, I'm married."
- —Baxter ending her relationship with her ex due to her guilt.[src]
Gordon met and fell in love with witch P. Baxter in the early 20th Century. However, during their relationship, she had an affair with her ex-boyfriend. The two were married by the early 1920s, and Baxter had ended her affair with her ex. The two eventually had a daughter, Penny.
Gordon comes from a Scottish surname which was originally derived from a place name meaning "great hill". It was originally used in honour of Charles George Gordon (1833-1885), a British general who died defending the city of Khartoum in Sudan.
Johnson is a surname used in English, Swedish and Icelandic. It simply means "son of John", meaning he may have had an ancestor by that name.
Notes and TriviaEdit
- Gordon was portrayed by Greg Vaughan in Pardon My Past.
- Gordon's birth date may be incorrect, as, in Is There a Woogy in the House?, Prue said that he and Baxter moved into the Halliwell Manor around 1906, he was eleven at the very least. However, Prue may have just been wrong or misinformed.
- There was a photograph seen in the Halliwell Manor of a man and a woman at their wedding. It can be seen that it was taken in the early 20th Century, meaning it was most likely Gordon and Baxter in the photograph.
- Gordon was born the same year as P. Bowen.
Gordon Johnson appeared in a total of 1 episode over the course of the series.
- Season 2
- Pardon My Past
- ↑ As Dan Gordon
- ↑ Dates according to the family tree, which may be inaccurate but are considered canon as nothing contradicts them.
- ↑ The actuality of this is often debated about in the Charmed fandom, as it was stated in the actual series that no men were born into the Warren family until Wyatt Halliwell. The information about Gordon Johnson II comes from the Family Tree prop, which has mass amounts of false information.